293) Miyazaki Needs A Switch

Talk about the Podcast!
fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: 293) Miyazaki Needs A Switch

Postby fragoff » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 pm

A bit of gaming subject, or any subject not directly relevant to animes is still good if the talk is good. Don't sweat over it.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Great podcast, I love the Zelda/Swich talk even though I never played a Zelda game, or maybe I love video game talk.
I'm so excited to see One Punch Man getting a DVD/Blu-Ray release, I can't wait to watch those OVA's its an absolute buy.
Also I had no idea what Ancient Magus Bride was about I just watched the one episode with no contest last month, it's a really good show and I love the magic and the world to.
Also-Also a funny moment was when Andrew said school days instead of School Live (I was also confused to hear school days be your example), It reminds me of the time Chris said Marilyn Manson instead of Marilyn Monroe.
Anyways, Great podcast, it was a fun listen and keep up the great work.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Andrew wrote:Lots of people like our gaming talk but it never takes priority over the rest. That's why it was a longer than usual discussional. But by your point, we don't always talk about things everyone cares about. Some hate manga, light novels, cg anime, puppets, etc. Just bare with it! :)

Point well taken, and I missed the show note ::dread::

But who hates puppets? I will mess them up! ;)

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm

fragoff wrote:A bit of gaming subject, or any subject not directly relevant to animes is still good if the talk is good. Don't sweat over it.

We used to be heavy gamers, and I still write reviews for other sites on a rare occasion, but we sort of left that behind when we changed from "timeless gaming" to "Otaku Spirit", but we fall back in it now and then heh.

Star-K wrote:Great podcast, I love the Zelda/Swich talk even though I never played a Zelda game, or maybe I love video game talk.
I'm so excited to see One Punch Man getting a DVD/Blu-Ray release, I can't wait to watch those OVA's its an absolute buy.
Also I had no idea what Ancient Magus Bride was about I just watched the one episode with no contest last month, it's a really good show and I love the magic and the world to.
Also-Also a funny moment was when Andrew said school days instead of School Live (I was also confused to hear school days be your example), It reminds me of the time Chris said Marilyn Manson instead of Marilyn Monroe.
Anyways, Great podcast, it was a fun listen and keep up the great work.

Hah, my mix ups are never as bad as Chris's. It's like naming shows only he watched for him lol.

Glad you enjoyed the game talk. I finally put down Breath of the Wild after 100 hours or so. Chris's turn to get trapped in it.

The Ancient Magus' Bride Side animation definitely got me into its world. Got me to buy the manga.

Neko wrote:Point well taken, and I missed the show note ::dread::

But who hates puppets? I will mess them up! ;)

I had meant to mention a time stamp but forgot. Sorry, I'll try to remember to mention that in the future if the talk may be long.

Don't get me wrong, I do get where you're coming from as I often groan when anime podcasts spend too much time talking about games I don't care about (especially western games as I have ZERO interest in them). But I usually just skip on through it. I just feel we don't do it too much for the sake of avoiding people going "isn't this an anime podcast?" So don't worry that we'll do it all the time. I don't really have plans to. :)

If we do anything, it's Japanese/anime related games as they fit the creative culture at least.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694