294) Spring 2017 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

294) Spring 2017 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:28 am

The Spring 2017 Anime Season is on the horizon, and with its impending arrival, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to give the lowdown on what’s in store for viewers! Get your notepad of choice ready, and listen in!

Anime Discussed In This Preview: Clockwork Planet, Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor, Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, eromanga sensei, Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, Renai Boukun, Armed Girl’s Machiavellism, Seikaisuru Kado, Fukumenkei Noise, Re:Creators, Sakurada Reset, Sukasuka, Sakura Quest, Tsugumomo, Hinako Note, Kabukibu, The Silver Guardian, Alice and Zouroku, Tsuki Ga Kirei, Atom: The Beginning, Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine, Frame Arm Girl, ID-0, Attack on Titan 2, My Hero Academia 2, Saekano 2, Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul, Danmachi Gaiden Sword Oratoria, Granblue Fantasy the Animation, Boruto, Berserk 2, Eccentric Family 2, Natsume Yuujinchou Roku, Rinne 3, Star Mu 2, Twin Angel Break, YuGiOh VRAINS, Warau Salesman NEW, Idol Time PriPara, Girl Beats Boys, Souryo to Majiwaru, Cinderella Girls Gekijou, Room Mate, Love Kome, Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 2, Continuations, OVAs, ONAs, and even movies!

The intro for this episode is from the PV for Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul. The outro for this episode is from the PV for Alice and Zouroku.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/03/animecas ... n-preview/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Re: 294) Spring 2017 Anime Season Preview

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 am

A bit late to posting this but great podcast! Every season you guys manage to sell me on at least double the shows I was planning on watching. Can't wait for the new season, it's seeming like a strong one. I'm really hyped for Berserk 2, Attack on Titan 2 (still can't believe it's here, someone pinch me) and Tsuki ga Kirei. I saw the PV for Tsuki not long ago and was just sold on it. I hope it does really well which I'm sure it will.

I'll also be checking out Sin Nanasu no Taizai (gotta have some ecchi fun!) Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, Fukumenki Noise, Sakurada Reset (Has some major potential), Sakura Quest and Hinako Note.

A lot of great titles coming out, I hope they all knock it out of the park. And thanks as always for the cast and padding my to watch list. You guys are good at doing that.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:14 am

Crash Kamio wrote:A bit late to posting this but great podcast! Every season you guys manage to sell me on at least double the shows I was planning on watching. Can't wait for the new season, it's seeming like a strong one. I'm really hyped for Berserk 2, Attack on Titan 2 (still can't believe it's here, someone pinch me) and Tsuki ga Kirei. I saw the PV for Tsuki not long ago and was just sold on it. I hope it does really well which I'm sure it will.

I'll also be checking out Sin Nanasu no Taizai (gotta have some ecchi fun!) Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, Fukumenki Noise, Sakurada Reset (Has some major potential), Sakura Quest and Hinako Note.

A lot of great titles coming out, I hope they all knock it out of the park. And thanks as always for the cast and padding my to watch list. You guys are good at doing that.

Shhh! We're not supposed to let people know that we're excited for Berserk. It's a societal sin! Good call on Tsuki ga Kirei, it really does look beautiful.

I think that's the key though, even if they might not all fit the bill, I do hope they all work out. Never can have too many great titles! Thanks for giving the cast a listen and sharing your picks!

PS.Get on that Saekano and Eccentric Family train choochoo.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:09 am

Andrew wrote:
Crash Kamio wrote:A bit late to posting this but great podcast! Every season you guys manage to sell me on at least double the shows I was planning on watching. Can't wait for the new season, it's seeming like a strong one. I'm really hyped for Berserk 2, Attack on Titan 2 (still can't believe it's here, someone pinch me) and Tsuki ga Kirei. I saw the PV for Tsuki not long ago and was just sold on it. I hope it does really well which I'm sure it will.

Shhh! We're not supposed to let people know that we're excited for Berserk. It's a societal sin! Good call on Tsuki ga Kirei, it really does look beautiful.

I think that's the key though, even if they might not all fit the bill, I do hope they all work out. Never can have too many great titles! Thanks for giving the cast a listen and sharing your picks!

PS.Get on that Saekano and Eccentric Family train choochoo.

Oh snap we've been found out! Uhmm err I mean... Burn it to the ground! Yeah! It's awful. ::sweat::

.....I think we're safe now.

But anyway, exactly nothing wrong with a lot of good stuff coming out at once. This season seems to have that potential and I hope it delivers!

I do have to get on those. I watched a couple episodes of Saekano awhile back and never went back to it despite loving it. Time to board the train for those!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:43 pm

for me
yugioh vrains - when it airs
boku no hero 2
AoT2
sword otoria - even a little hestia will make it bestia
sin NnT
gran blue
berserk 2017
noise
atom
kenki banchou
clock work planet
zero kara
buso shojo
renai boukun
re creators
sakurada reset

but it can change

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:56 pm

This will be a difficult season to judge. While I give most shows 3 episodes to hook me, I'm most interested in these shows:

Saekano 2
Danmachi Gaiden Sword Oratoria
Granblue Fantasy the Animation
My Hero Academia 2
Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
Renai Boukun
Eromanga sensei
Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
Sakurada Reset
Sakura Quest
Alice and Zouroku

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:31 am

I'm...watching more than 30 again... ::dread::
I guess I should stop worrying...
Anyway, aside from the continuations, I'm excited to see sakurada/Sagrada reset, sakura quest, Alice to zouroku, re:creators and clockwork planet and other ones

Also as a humikane shimada fan, I can't wait for frame arms girls :D.

I'm interested in Shuumatsu Nani Shinji ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?. I don't know why but the synopsis caught my attention.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:38 am

i am unhappy we have to wait so long ffor yugioh vrains
also yugi doesnt show up in yugioh any more expect for movies

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Crash Kamio wrote:I do have to get on those. I watched a couple episodes of Saekano awhile back and never went back to it despite loving it. Time to board the train for those!

Sadly one of the biggest hangups on Saekano for people was the infamous Episode 0. Hoping plenty of people gave it a 3 episode rule at least.

michelous wrote: ::shocked::

Nice picks! Curious if we'll get the AT-X version of Sin at all, or if CR will stick to censored..

Lots more people on the Yugioh train than I thought. Exciting.

ATM-senpai wrote: ::mischief::

I was more surprised to see some interesting new titles trying to go up against the big kings of the season. But then again, like I mentioned during the cast, it's not as if they are in the same exact time slots. But mind share and time is always limited. Solid Picks!

almightyhiki wrote: ::happy::

Shuumatsu definitely has the most mystery behind it for me. No PV, no visuals, not much for casting that I seen at the time of outlining. Those types of shows, that have interesting plot outlines, always end up being surprising, or bad. We'll see!

Grats on your newly born watch list. We'll be right along side you for the journey :P