301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Talk about the Podcast!
User avatar
Andrew
Site Admin
Posts: 5159
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:11 am

Image
Playing a little bit of catch up, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast run through the big anime news of the last month. With a few conventions added to some exciting announcements, there’s plenty to discuss!

Topics this episode: Sentai Licenses, Millennium Actress, Cardcaptor Prologue, Shin Evangelion, Noragami Delay, New Ghost in the Shell, Dragon Dentist, Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS, Himouto Umaru-chan 2, New Gundam Reconguista in G, Netflix licenses, Do You Like Your Mom Light Novel, Discotek Licenses, Scum’s Wish Spinoff, Seven Seas Licenses, Kemono Friends Game, Gundam Origin Loum Arc, Spring Episode Counts, Kodansha Licenses, Yen Press Licenses, Funimation Licenses Hyouka and Record of Lodoss War, Fate Grand Order Comes West, Aniplex to Dub and Release Anohana, Keijo Manga Cancelled, Sentai Filmworks exclusivity with Anime Strike, Light Novel Adaptations, Family in Anime, Sibling Romance in Anime, and much more!

Thanks to thegenkiguy, Neko, justaguy, QuestRam, and BlueSpark for the great questions featured in this episode!

The intro for this episode is the OP for Hyouka called “Yasashisa no Riyuu” by ChouCho. The outro for this episode is the ED for Hyouka called “”Madoromi no Yakusoku” by Satomi Satou & Ai Kayano.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/04/animecas ... l-ruin-me/
Image
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Man I love Hyouka.It may be in fact my favorite KyotoAni show.Way it approaches solving a mysteries using teamwork instead of one man knowing all answers immediately caught my attention.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin tackles topic of family really well.Granted it isn't happy go lucky approach know from works of Hosoda or Miyazaki,but it still manages to have some heart warming moments.

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Neko » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:24 pm

I ponied up the dough for Anime Strike. For one thing it actually plays on my Roku. CR does not do that anymore... (Loading, please wait...)

Thanks for answering the question, and congratulations on 300 podcasts!
Image

User avatar
Andrew
Site Admin
Posts: 5159
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:Man I love Hyouka.It may be in fact my favorite KyotoAni show.Way it approaches solving a mysteries using teamwork instead of one man knowing all answers immediately caught my attention.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin tackles topic of family really well.Granted it isn't happy go lucky approach know from works of Hosoda or Miyazaki,but it still manages to have some heart warming moments.

Origin focus a lot of the Zabi family or you referencing another? Really need to watch those.

Neko wrote:I ponied up the dough for Anime Strike. For one thing it actually plays on my Roku. CR does not do that anymore... (Loading, please wait...)

Thanks for answering the question, and congratulations on 300 podcasts!

Thanks Neko! And welcome to the wonders of AnimeStrike lol. I have to admit they are doing a lot better with their player. I don't have all the problems others seem to have, plus my only issue (subtitle timing) seems to be going away with each week. Just wish they had both a solid schedule and got rid of the week delay some shows seem to have.
Image
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Andrew wrote:
Kocurek1944 wrote:Man I love Hyouka.It may be in fact my favorite KyotoAni show.Way it approaches solving a mysteries using teamwork instead of one man knowing all answers immediately caught my attention.

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin tackles topic of family really well.Granted it isn't happy go lucky approach know from works of Hosoda or Miyazaki,but it still manages to have some heart warming moments.

Origin focus a lot of the Zabi family or you referencing another? Really need to watch those.

Not only Zabis,also Char and Ramba Ral families get good amount of screen time.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1264
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Mys145 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:51 am

Andrew, I didn't realize you were talking about Keijo because you kept mispronouncing as "Kaijo". You usually say it correctly at some point but you never did this time.

I don't really care about Season 2 of Attack on Titan being 12 episodes partly because I been reading the manga. I wonder how many people who are mad about the episode count know if the manga is on a monthly release schedule because it seems like they don't.

The only show that Sentai has and wasn't on Anime Strike is the third season of Rinne (Anime Network) which the first two seasons were on Crunchyroll. That one was weird to me.

I don't know people are talking about when they say a certain site's video player is horrible because I don't really know that defines horrible for people. It doesn't help that they don't go into why said site's player is horrible.

I feel like people are overreacting to Eromanga-Sensei. They jumped on anything smells of potential incest and assume the worst like a couple of people here.

User avatar
Crash Kamio
Anime Junky
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Crash Kamio » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:08 am

Great cast, the discussionals are always fun. Can't wait for the Beyond the Boundry movies and Anohana dub! Anohanas one of my favorite shows and I'm looking forward to the release again. Hopefully the price won't be too outrageous. And Andrew you're right about that cliffhanger ending in volume 6 of School Live.. That was a mean one! Can't wait for volume 7 to come out, can't get here fast enough.

As for the sibling love topic here's my two cents worth. I don't mind it if its not direct blood relation. One of the first shows I watched had an aspect of it, after I learned that part of Japan's culture I just went with it and it never bugs me much. As long as they keep it innocent, or make it off the walls funny (Like Oniai, that show Chris showed intertwined in, I haven't seen it all but what I have is crazy) and play it that way I don't mind in the slightest. As for Eromanga, the second episode just hit me the wrong way and made me uncomfortable so I stopped, no harm no foul. But hey if people watch and enjoy it I won't judge them, like what you like. Just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean others can't like it, I probably know a few people that enjoy it and I don't care or think less of them. Like what you like and no one should care. In the end people will continue to hate it, there's no stopping it. Hopefully that wasn't mindless babble!

But anyway happy things, happy 300 again! Enjoyed it as always, the weekly casts are my Monday fuel. Great discussion, news, questions.

User avatar
Andrew
Site Admin
Posts: 5159
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Andrew » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 am

Mys145 wrote:Andrew, I didn't realize you were talking about Keijo because you kept mispronouncing as "Kaijo". You usually say it correctly at some point but you never did this time.

Haha, sure enough. Must have had Gahzirra on my mind. Or we can just assume this is a sign of a new manga featuring big chested kaiju competing in bikinis.

Mys145 wrote:I don't really care about Season 2 of Attack on Titan being 12 episodes partly because I been reading the manga. I wonder how many people who are mad about the episode count know if the manga is on a monthly release schedule because it seems like they don't.

At this point as it feels like it would take (if they skimmed out a lot of info dump points that drag out) a good 3-4 solid cours at this point to get caught up. But I do agree that upon reaching that point, it would be a brick wall before enough content was written.

Mys145 wrote:The only show that Sentai has and wasn't on Anime Strike is the third season of Rinne (Anime Network) which the first two seasons were on Crunchyroll. That one was weird to me.

I had meant to mention that, as that's pretty upsetting to Chris. But at least that means we won't have another Chris solo review lol..

Mys145 wrote:I don't know people are talking about when they say a certain site's video player is horrible because I don't really know that defines horrible for people. It doesn't help that they don't go into why said site's player is horrible.

I agree, but that's also why I go into details of my issues. Subtitle timing issues is something many can relate to.

Kocurek1944 wrote:Not only Zabis,also Char and Ramba Ral families get good amount of screen time.

Ah, yeah, of course Char. Meant to say him as well. But Ramba Ral is a surprise. I'm more intrigued now.

Crash Kamio wrote:Great cast, the discussionals are always fun. Can't wait for the Beyond the Boundry movies and Anohana dub! Anohanas one of my favorite shows and I'm looking forward to the release again. Hopefully the price won't be too outrageous. And Andrew you're right about that cliffhanger ending in volume 6 of School Live.. That was a mean one! Can't wait for volume 7 to come out, can't get here fast enough.

As for the sibling love topic here's my two cents worth. I don't mind it if its not direct blood relation. One of the first shows I watched had an aspect of it, after I learned that part of Japan's culture I just went with it and it never bugs me much. As long as they keep it innocent, or make it off the walls funny (Like Oniai, that show Chris showed intertwined in, I haven't seen it all but what I have is crazy) and play it that way I don't mind in the slightest. As for Eromanga, the second episode just hit me the wrong way and made me uncomfortable so I stopped, no harm no foul. But hey if people watch and enjoy it I won't judge them, like what you like. Just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean others can't like it, I probably know a few people that enjoy it and I don't care or think less of them. Like what you like and no one should care. In the end people will continue to hate it, there's no stopping it. Hopefully that wasn't mindless babble!

But anyway happy things, happy 300 again! Enjoyed it as always, the weekly casts are my Monday fuel. Great discussion, news, questions.

As we said on the cast, I'd LOVE to explore this topic in further detail. Not neccessarily incest, but more on controversial subject matters and the limits we place on ourselves either by culture norms, beliefs, etc. I say this not to pick on your decision, but just in a general sense of piqued interest. It goes back to the silly argument of "you hate this, but you're okay with that?" Sister blushes and tells her brother she loves him, which makes people horrified, but yet some of those same people watch a show where a person brutally murders an entire crowd of people and cheer in excitement. It does make you wonder. And I'm by no means innocent of something similar to this in a different regard.

Thanks CK, glad you enjoyed and I hope you have a great Monday!
Image
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

User avatar
Crash Kamio
Anime Junky
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby Crash Kamio » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

Andrew wrote:As we said on the cast, I'd LOVE to explore this topic in further detail. Not neccessarily incest, but more on controversial subject matters and the limits we place on ourselves either by culture norms, beliefs, etc. I say this not to pick on your decision, but just in a general sense of piqued interest. It goes back to the silly argument of "you hate this, but you're okay with that?" Sister blushes and tells her brother she loves him, which makes people horrified, but yet some of those same people watch a show where a person brutally murders an entire crowd of people and cheer in excitement. It does make you wonder. And I'm by no means innocent of something similar to this in a different regard.

Thanks CK, glad you enjoyed and I hope you have a great Monday!


I'm totally not innocent of that either. I love Higurashi but I'm not a fan of Eromanga, I'm guilty as charged! The only real case I can make (and it's not getting on you or anything, just perhaps a possible theory for this) is people can distance themselves more from fictional gore than it is sibling love type stuff. I imagine all of us (give or take people in the army or in the police and other jobs) aren't around that kind d of brutality. There for we can distance ourselves from that and say it's fiction easier than sibling love cause we all have some sort of family, blood related or not. That's a little closer to home than gore I suppose is my point. Probably easily disputed and can go back to your point but it's a possible theory.

Hope you have a good Monday too man! ::peace::

User avatar
michelous
Anime Junky
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: 301) Saber Gacha Will Ruin Me!

Postby michelous » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Amazon replied to a friends tweet about their sub quality and. Andrew is going to go broke on saber face girls I think there are at least 20 in fgo