Animecast Question Thread

Talk about the Podcast!
BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: Animecast Question Thread

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:02 am

Mys145 wrote:So regardless if knowing that the hero will win in the end, I would shift focus on how the hero will win.
Apply the same idea to "kowing that this guy will win over that girl in the end," too. I always want to facepalm when people say "I didn't like Toradora! because it was so obvious those two would end up together." Well, no duh, Sherlock... That sole revelation isn't what you watch the show for.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 am

Time for the annual Otaku Spirit Culunary update.

Have you tried real Japanese Style Ramen, Sushi, Takoyaki, Yakitori, Miso, Yakiniku, Sukiyaki, Shabu Shabu, Okonomiyaki, grilled squid, Soba, or Sake?

How about at least a Gyoza? Surely you've at least have had some Gyoza. Otherwise, book a flight. I know places

Venadikt
I Like Anime

Postby Venadikt » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Hey Guys thanks for the show, a few questions that I've had over the last couple of years.

1) The Fuuka Anime made a huge change from the manga. I was looking forward to seeing the direction they would go. Unfortunately not only did they waste the opportunity by basically reverting back to the manga, it actually made the story make less sense in the end.
Spoiler:
Would you really drop everything you were doing to help out the band member that ditched you?
Is there an anime that diverged from the source material and was better because of it?

2) Is there a trope/cliche you really dislike because it's usually done so badly? I really dislike the "Villain Redemption" trope. It's so often flagged early in the show so you know it's coming but the villain never really does anything to atone for what they've done. Hanebado is a perfect example of this trope at its worst. That ending soured the show for me because I saw it coming from the moment the character was introduced.

3) What anime podcasts would you recommend? Similar in tone to yours, where they talk about what they enjoy and avoid hating on shows?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:50 am

Considering that it will probably be at least 3 months by the time you finally get to this question, did Andrew finally keep his promise and finish all of Gurren Lagann?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 am

So I was thinking about this after listening to some talk about Miyazaki and realized that Miyazaki, as great as he is, would not be able to produce seasonal anime well. His entire career, he has had a long time, many time years to produce a single work and has had a lot more financial and artistic support than most anime nowadays get. So how do you think he would do if he was tasked with doing a seasonal show with only the average amount of money, support, and talent backing him?

Plyr1471
I Like Anime

Postby Plyr1471 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Do you guys have any tropes in anime that you like enough to watch the anime no matter the actual quality of the show. For me any anime with the super op main character trope is an instant watch for me, i.e. overlord, how not to summon a demon lord, and hellsing ultimate just to name a few. If so what tropes and anime as examples?

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 pm

By the time you guys reach this question, did you post the kill la kill review?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

JackTWD4th
Crazy About Anime

Postby JackTWD4th » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Hello gentlemen,

Coming off your Summer Review part 3 discussion, I wanted to expand on your talk on "filler" in anime. Do you believe that shows can now avoid the use of "filler" arcs in this current time? I feel that if the anime is popular enough or good enough then it can stop and take a reasonable break between 2 or 3 seasons for the sake of the story or quality control of the art. These days there is a lot of content every season so hiatuses can be tolerated by modern fans. What do you guys think?

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 am

Anime sub, anime dub, manga, novel, japanese live action and occidental live action are gathering in an arena, armed to the teeth and ready to get some! Only one will come out alive.
Who kills who, how and who will be the victor?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:35 am

I liked the Randomizer question so lets change it up. Same method as last, hit the randomizer until you get to a show you have seen all the way though. You still do not get MC rights, but you not only get to live all the way through to the end but you also get to keep all knowledge of all the events of the show and can take advantage of them provided you do nothing that will affect the actual events themselves. How do you proceed?