Animecast Question Thread

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Animecast Question Thread

Postby Andrew » Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 am

newfoundcontrol wrote:Okay, barring the whole "the end if the writers choice for the story" thing, if you could change the ending to any anime (that actually ended) what would that show be, and how would you change it?

Thanks for the great question newfoundcontrol. We covered it in out recent episode 31 "Meet The Hosts."
http://otakuspirit.com/2014/05/animecas ... the-hosts/

Welcome once again to the forums!
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:55 am

High school DxD is getting a 3rd season, as seeing as one of my Harem members is in this series, I am happy to see the "plot" of the new season. It does have a strong following and surprised that it did not get a third season sooner. I personally find it more enjoyable as I had more laughs and overall fun with this series that with Date a Live. I know I might upset some but Date A Live is such a over hyped series and I never really enjoyed. I dropped the second season about 3 episodes in. I do take the series for what it is, a harem anime with endowed females with a cheesy plot, so I do not expect much but the occasional laugh. Well on with the questions.

1. Have you ever watched an Anime show in one sitting? If so which?

2.Name a popular non-shounen anime that you hate.

3.Slice of life anime usually has a great list of shows to choose from, what are your top 3 of the genre?

4. How many shows during the season do you two actually watch? Are they all simulcast or shows you wanted to catch up on from a previous season?

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Questions added and answered. Thanks neowned can't wait for the next set. ;-)

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Have you see the show Haganai (I Don't Have Many Friends) ? If so, have you seen Haganai NEXT? Did you like/dislike them? Thanks!
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 am

Good evening gentlemen. I have a question in regards to Anime "Art". For the past couple of months I have been kicking around the idea of purchasing some Anime Art for decoration in my house but have yet to properly find what I am looking for. I am a 30 year old male and the I was never a fan of "wallscrolls", the most common form of anime artwork are sold in this form, and posters usually do not suite by tastes.

So I hoped that maybe you could point me in the right direction. The best that I could find were Anime "Cels" which are nice but maybe not what I completely had in mind. Maybe something similar to the "headers" on a webpage, ala Katanagatari one the site was using a while back. Well thanks for time.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Neowned asked a question that leads me to ask another question. I guess it's a kind of technical question. Neowned mentions animation cels. Are these available as collectibles? I was assuming that ink & paint has been done digitally for a couple decades now, but that doesn't rule out collectible art presented on acetate like on old school animation cel.

But here's my question. Is any of the animation (keys, in-betweens, etc) done on paper in the Anime industry?
Any insights on some of the nuts and bolts of these operations? (Broad question, I know)

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:10 pm

We cooked up a special podcast just to answer your questions. I hope you guys enjoy. I also hope you guys enjoy our special pt 3 of the review. We pushed our boundaries. And had alot of fun. Let us know what you think.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 pm

I'd like to note that the special podcast Sapphirewolf mentioned will be released sometime in the next few days. Thanks again for all the great questions guys. We had some fun discussion from them! :D
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 am

Cool, appreciate you taking the time to answer some of our questions guys. I have another question. Why do the online streaming sites, specifically CruncyRoll, not offer access to Anime OVA's? They clearly have the rights to broadcast the series but is there a reason behind not having the rights to broadcast the OVA's?

I just find it odd having to go to a "non licensed" website to view an OVA. I know OVA's are not important to the overall story, but sometimes its nice to get a glimpse of a series world that you enjoyed, even if it is just 10 mins. Well thanks in advance guys.

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:03 am

I have found a site that has prints that I am looking for. Sorry I could not be more specific, but it was mainly due to me being a novice in Art styles and could not pinpoint exactly what I was looking for. I is actually a canvas style art. When I found a website offering me just what I was looking for :)

Here is a link of the first canvas that I am planning on buying once I come back from my friends bachelor party in Houston this weekend.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/ururuty ... =shop_grid

I will continue to look for more that catch my eye, but this one looks so good, I might just buy it so that way it will be waiting for me when I get back.