Animecast Question Thread

Talk about the Podcast!
MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Re: Animecast Question Thread

Postby MissMurder1221 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Hello all! Here's another question for your Mail Bag segment!:
When did you start disliking the fan service in anime? Was it right away when you first saw it or after watching anime after anime having fan service?
I don't mind them at all, but I can see how a person would come to dislike them.
Also, a question about the hosts of Otaku Spirit!! (I.e. you two):
What are the name of your dogs? I've heard them once or twice on your podcast and they sound absolutely adorable!! (I know, some people hate barking, but I think I'd bark too if I weren't able to formulate words.)
Thanks guys!
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Hey, guys I have a question for you.

Any thoughts on purchacing series on DVD/Blu-Ray? I've been burning up CR and Funimation streaming anime, and I was wondering, do licences for streaming expire very often? do favorite shows diappear without a trace? I don't have a huge budget for DVDs and BRs but even after less than I year I have some shows close to my heart. Any thoughts on when to buy? or what to buy?

-thanks!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Questions above answered in podcast 44.

Looking forward to the next set guys and gals. You are awesome.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Here to pester you guys again.

I've been going back and listening to some of the older podcasts, and in one of them you mentioned 'anime that isn't really anime' but I don't recall you going into it much. I think you may have said something about American (and other) productions that draw upon anime. Do you mean things like Boondocks, and Legend of Korra?

And listening to our Anime 101 podcast (which I should have done much earlier) You were discussing some terms (like Shonen)but then used other words (Like ecchi) but did not define them. There's always wikipedia,If you guys ever did an Anime 201 podcast, maybe you could go deeper into the jargon. Boshouljo, Bishonen, and of course yuri and yaoi :twisted:

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:12 am

Thanks so much for the question Neko! We got a second segment of the Anime 101 recorded featuring your question. Should release sometime this week!
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Xeron21
I Love Anime

Postby Xeron21 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 pm

I have a question, how do you two feel about mangas that are turned into an anime or vise versa? Do you think it can be a good representation especially with most animes being 12-24 episodes. Have you ever decided to pick up a manga because a particular anime didn't do it justice or even to expand your understanding?

Awwww Its my first date with my waifu, i remember it like it was yesterday...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Xeron21 wrote:I have a question, how do you two feel about mangas that are turned into an anime or vise versa? Do you think it can be a good representation especially with most animes being 12-24 episodes. Have you ever decided to pick up a manga because a particular anime didn't do it justice or even to expand your understanding?

Hey Xeron, we answered your question on our latest podcast! Thanks again for submitting such a great question!

http://otakuspirit.com/2014/08/animecas ... ew-part-1/

Only problem.. is we accidentally put the question down as being submitted by MissMurder on our podcast outline. Our apologies! But at least you can laugh about us fearing the wrath of a tsundere while we answer your question :D

Xeron21
I Love Anime

Postby Xeron21 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Should I be sad I wasn't thought of when you read this question, or should i be happy that you thought i was as great as MissMurder? :o

Awwww Its my first date with my waifu, i remember it like it was yesterday...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:55 am

Xeron21 wrote:Should I be sad I wasn't thought of when you read this question, or should i be happy that you thought i was as great as MissMurder? :o

We're all just being very afraid at the moment :O

I guess the next time MissMurder asks a question, we can quote you instead :P

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Xeron21 wrote:Should I be sad I wasn't thought of when you read this question, or should i be happy that you thought i was as great as MissMurder? :o

*flips hair* Oooobviously I am on everyone's mind. Why wouldn't I be? Hmph!

(in actuality I was happy, just putting my tsundere front! you can miss quote me of you'd like! I'll have to find an awesome question for Xeron :O)
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate