Animecast Question Thread

Talk about the Podcast!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: Animecast Question Thread

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Rapid fire Question time. Name your favorite characters from each trope. I'll give mines as well. You may add to this list as you see fit.

-Tsundere (Rin. Was there ever another answer to this?)
-Yandere (Gasai Yuno because if you are going to do Yandere, may as well go all the way)
-Kuudere (Kiritsugu. Yes, he counts. I said characters, not waifus)
-Dandere (Kuroneko from OreImo)
-Onee-san ( Akane Kowata (Flying Witch) because she is fun to have around)
-Dog (Eclair from Dog Days. Yes, she counts. I will fight you on this)
- Mother (Emiya Shirou. Because he is practically a mother already, as noted by everyone in every game/anime/manga he exists in)
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Rapid fire Question time 2: The revenge. Name your favorite anime from the given genres. I'll give mines as well. You may add to this list as you see fit.

-Shounen (Fullmetal Alchemist. Both versions have their own flavor and I like them equally)
- Mystery (Death Note. At least the first half anyways)
-Drama (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Af if anything else stood a chance for me)
-Isekai ( Drifters. We already live in a bubble, we may as well enjoy it)
-Harem (Love Hina. Because it still holds a very important part of my heart)
-Slice of Life (Mushishi. Because there was not a single episode of that entire series I did not like)
-Hentai (Bible Black. Because it has a better plot and art than most anime nowadays)
-Military (Kingdom. Its still hands down the one of the best I've seen that actually takes time to show you how strategies work and are implemented in battle)
-Shoujo (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!. Great anime, fantastic manga)
-Horror (Shiki. Has the right mix of brutal, psychological horror, and mystery)
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 pm

So I was watching i Youtube video the other day and once a few sections came up, I nusted out laughing because I instantly thought of you guys. In the spirit of that, I want to hear your opinions of it.

Andrew, comment on this one clip
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Chris, this one is for you.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Finally, this one is for both of you
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

I tried listening to it without the actual video, and yes It still works well for podcast

JackTWD4th
Crazy About Anime

Postby JackTWD4th » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello gentlemen,

Lately, the Crunchyroll crisis is all the rage. Can you give your take on this? I am hearing a lot of opinions but are there real facts to consider? What is the difference between this show and RWBY?

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Eyyy whats up my boys, its been a hot minute since I dropped some questions in here. Break 'em up if you want because I have a feeling you'll wind up spending a bit longer than you'd want on them.

In a world where, as jack said, everyone is hammering Crunchyroll (myself included) how would you choose to support the anime industry directly? There have been talks about Patreon "saving anime", using a pay per view system, and buying everything you want physically. If you ask me this system isn't sustainable, but people dont listen for my opinion. Thats what the forums are for after all ::peace::

What makes a series dark, and how are they properly applied. We all know that if a show gets SOOO DARK it just becomes comical, or we have the hilarity of "death of the week." Basically why is monster a dark masterpiece but Shiki absolutely hilarious?

I find most personal scoring systems very straight forward, but how do y'all differentiate between the extremes. What makes a 9 a 9 and not a ten, inversely what makes a 1 a 1 and not a 2. Where are the lines between great works and masterpieces?

Have I dragged the both of you into touhou music yet? I know I havent, let me.
Here's a cover with Cristina Vee. I know dubs aren't your thing but maybe the name matters to dub watchers ::whistle::
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

What studios do you think will fill the shoes of Madhouse and I.G in the next generation? I personally think it'll be trigger because of the young animators competition. They're forming bonds with the next generation very early. Japanese culture doesn't exactly let you forget favors like that.

What do you think crunchyroll needs to do to properly combat piracy? I'd say it could be as easy as offering a service people actually want to pay for. Flash is an unacceptable player for 2018, and berating your audience with moral arguments for sure don't help their case.

Do y'all have critically acclaimed series that you don't like? Are you, much like me, used to taking flack for it? For an example, i'm not a fan of shinsekai yori. Aldous Huxley is one of my favorite writers and i found it much to close to brave new world. Normally this is an issue for me until our pal Ayuu spent a good 4 hours talking with me about it. It gave me a strange reverence for a show that I don't particularly like even now. I guess I'm rambling now, but final question. Ever had a long conversation that changed your perception of a series?

I'll stop now but y'all have fun
love your favorite problem starter.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:36 pm

If in a relationship, a homerun is sexy time, what are first, second, and third base? What about things a foul ball, a walk, fly ball, battery?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:37 pm

In response to the last episode I just got to when you guys tried to hilariously hum Twin Star exorcist inserts, I want to hear you guys try and sing some songs. Yes, I know this is a terrible idea but I'm running out of them.

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

If you wanna see some action
Gotta be the centre of attraction
Make sure that they got their eyes on you, like the face that you see on every magazine

Be the focus of attention
Be the name that every one must mention
Come out from the shadows, it's your time, cos tonight is the night for everyone to see

It�s natural
You know that this is where you gotta be, it must be your destiny
Sensational
And you believe that, this is what you've waited for and it's you that they all adore, so baby

Now you feel like number one
Shining bright for everyone
Living out your fantasy, the
Brightest star for all to see
Living out your fantasy, you're the
Brightest star there's ever been

Feel the heat that's all around you
Flashing lights and ecstasy surround you
Everybody wants a piece of you; you're the queen of the scene, living in a dream

It�s natural
You know that this is where you gotta be, it must be your destiny
Sensational
And you believe that, this is what you've waited for and it's you that they all adore

This is what you've waited for and it's you that they all adore

Living out your fantasy, you're the
Brightest star there's ever been

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

(Dragon Ball Z!)

Dragon! Dragon! Rock the Dragon!
Dragon Ball Z!
Come get me!

(Dragon Ball Z!)

Dragon Ball Z!
Come get me!
Dragon Ball Z!
Come, a-come get me!

Dragon Ball Z!
Dragon Ball Z!

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:59 am

Due to a mega solar flare, Japan has been wiped off the face of the earth and the accompanying powerful electromagnetic storm has wiped out all anime from the world. War has broken out and a new world order has decided to burn all surviving manga, light novel, magazines, figures, and all other anime related paraphernalia ala Fahrenheit 451. The new world government has also made genetically engineered and specially trained dogs to sniff out the merch as well as highly equipped and intelligent robots to help in the search. All wielders of these banned items are considered sinners and traitors of the new world and are hunted down like animals, manned and slaughtered without mercy.What do you do?
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:00 am

BTW, can you guess which of my questions I've made after a long stressful day at work, and which I've made after a few drinks?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 am

You have been given the right to design a vocaloid. What voice artist would you choose to make the voice banks and what would the design of the character look like? What would be its name?