Animecast Question Thread

Talk about the Podcast!
JackTWD4th
Crazy About Anime

Re: Animecast Question Thread

Postby JackTWD4th » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello gentlemen,

What tech product or magical item that you have seen in anime would you like to have or see in the real world or in your personal lives?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:13 am

Go to Crunchyroll and hit the randomiser button. You can keep hitting it until you land on a show that you have actually seen. You may skip a show if you have not seen it but you must stick with the first one you have actually seen all the way through.

-You are now the best friend of the main character but at the end of the first episode you will die a very gruesome and bloody death. How do you spend what little time you have until those 18 or so minutes are up?

-no, you do not get MC rights. The girls will not fawn over you because you will still be stuck as just a supporting character, not the MC
----Exception:If the show has a best friend with special rights, such as being popular or the like, then you get to have those same rights. This rule is only allowed for the BEST FRIEND ONLY. Other friends are not allowed.
-------Example: If you get Clannad, then you get whatever right Youhei gets as he is Tomoya's best friend. Everyone else is a harem member and don't count as best friend.

-You get to enjoy as much time as it passes in episode 1. If it only a few minutes pass in-episode, then so be it. If a few year pass, then enjoy away.
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 am

I wonder how many times that has made were I either killed you off or put you in mortal danger and how many more times I can do that for? Guess we are just going to find out until you either end of podcast for good, or one of us finally dies.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:42 am

Well, I'm bored. Time to kill off Chris and Andrew again.

A meteor the size of Russia is hurling through space on a collision course with Earth. All the world's countries have tried and failed to avert destruction and scientist have deduced that the sheer impact will rip the planet into a million pieces, burning, maining, and killing all life on Earth. There is no time to build ships to leave the planet, no teleportation, no hope, no chance for a miracle. Only imminent and sure death awaits all as the shadow of death creeps upon the planet as the space rock begins to block out the sun. With only 24 hours left, how do you spend your time before becoming little more than dust floating in space?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 am

Chris, play this clip. Andrew, you are not allowed to click on it.

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 am

Guys, rejoice! I'll give you guys a fighting chance this time.

You are taking a walk down a random street, just minding your own business until you hear scream coming from the orphanage near by.b You rush inside to help, only to find the bloody body of a priest in the middle of building, with many lolis surrounding him, eyes full of despair. You check on the priest, turn his body over and find a time bomb that is immediately activated. With only 5 seconds on the clock, there is no time to evacuate the building and save all the lolis. The bomb does however, has 3 wires sticking out. You happen to have on you a swiss army knife and must cut either 1 or several wires at the same time. Cutting the wrong wire or the wrong set of wires will instantly set the bomb off, killing everyone inside including all the lolis. Everyone's fate rests in your decision, choose wisely.
-The bomb is pressure sensitive so trying to move it or hitting it to try and destroy it will cause it to immediately go off and kill everyone.
-No, getting on top of it and letting it kill you wont save the lolis, Chris. All that will do is send thousands of little bone fragments flying that will hit the lolis and make their deaths slow and painful.
-No, throwing water or any other liquids won't help either. That will just cause it to short out and immediately set it off and kill everyone.

DO NOT CHEAT AND PEAK ON THE ANSWERS BEFOREHAND

RED
Spoiler:
Boom. All the lolis are dead.

BLUE
Spoiler:

GREEN
Spoiler:

RED AND BLUE
Spoiler:

RED AND GREEN
Spoiler:
Congratulations. you have successfully deactivated the bomb and all the lolis are safe. You are also given the right to become the new priest of the loli orphanage if you so choose to.

BLUE AND GREEN
Spoiler:

RED, BLUE, AND GREEN
Spoiler:

JUST IN CASE SOMEONE DECIDES TO REFUSE TO ANSWER
Spoiler:
BOOM!. Good job Chris, you killed all the lolis. Now they are all dead and spending all eternity in hell stacking rocks, getting picked on by demons and cursing every fiber of your being for refusing to save them.

**Mind you I started with 4 wires but I started feeling bad for you so I made it a little easier on you
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm

How do you react when people post super long questions that take forever to read, and you realise the answer is as short as yes or no, or a single sentence?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:52 pm

I've had a good time today, time to put Chris and Andrew in mortal danger again.

After playing hundreds of hours of Breath of Wild and leaving it alone for several months, you go back to it and explore a little more. After falling asleep playing. you open up your eyes and find yourself in the Shrine of Resurrection as Link and realized you now get to do everything first hand. But after exploring and trying to apply your in game knowledge to the new world, you realize things are a little too real. Getting hurt in this new world is painful, raising your health forces you to eat real bloody, beating hearts. Enemies don't go down in just a few hits, you are nowhere near as naturally skilled at fighting as the ingame Link, everyone is selfish and don't want to help you in your suicide mission and unlike in the game, you realize that dying here means dying for good as fairies aren't going to just commit suicide fr your sake. You are on the clock as Ganon gets ready to revive but you are still tasked with saving the world. How do you proceed?
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:46 am

Finish this story

It is the year 2500 A.D. and Humanity has begun to explore the outer reaches of the galaxy. You are a happy go lucky crew member of an exploration team aboard a high speed ship. You and a few others are currently in charge of the ship, leaving the rest to sleep in cryostasis until it your turn to sleep. Things are as normal as always and you are reading up on hundreds of years worth of manga until all of a sudden a bright light appears, a great explosion happens, and you are knock unconscious.

You awake, tired and heavy, in a bright, white room. Voices you don't recognize speak in a language you don't understand. As your eyes adjusts you see shadowy figures move about the room, only to leave a few seconds later though a door. As your eyes finally begin to make out shapes, you look down in horror as the bodies of your crew are dismembered their organs placed in jar. Looking down at your body, you see tubes running into your mouth and needles draining strange fluids into your body. You are missing an arm and your body is full of scars and gashes. With what little strength you have, you roll out of he metal table and into the ground. You pull out the tubes and needles and reach for the door.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:03 am

That's enough torture for now, time for a normal question. How in the world do you keep yourself from watching a show that is available to stream somewhere legally and instead waiting several days for a Blu-Ray or DvD or in the case of shows where you have to wait for the rest of the story of be released, several months? I will admit that I don't have that kind of patience at all.
Last edited by SethAmaha on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.