Animecast Question Thread

Talk about the Podcast!
Owen Gray
I Like Anime

Re: Animecast Question Thread

Postby Owen Gray » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:13 am

also, I'm not saying I'm in the right. I apologize for acting like a jerk. acting that way wasn't the best way to introduce myself to this forum. I want to get along with everyone even if I don't seem like it.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:48 am

I’m not trying to argue with you and I haven’t even freaked out, I was just saying that you got really rude and so I decided to point out why I don’t like the persona games, I never tried to belittle you or do anything mean or rude to you, I never even said anything bad about you for the first few posts about this. I was just saying I don’t like the games, I never said anything bad to you, or to the persona fans. YOU made it be about me and YOU made it be about a toxic fanbase. Maybe you misunderstood and thought I was saying that the persona games are objectively bad, but if you look at my signature it says that I belive objectivity doesn’t exist and everything I say is in relation to me. It’s fine if you like them, you got too defensive before I said anything about you, I guess that was just a reaction based on the past interactions with other people, nothing like that would happen here. I don’t belittle others, I just said why I don’t like the games, and I keep repeating myself cause I want it to be clear.

Also I don’t need to Chris to jump in to defend me tbh, I was just saying that if you talk to people who know me they’ll tell you I’m really not a pretentious person and since you like OS you probs have respect for Chris so you’d trust what he said, besides I know he won’t jump to my defence anyway cause as I said, he doesn’t like telling other members that they were wrong about something, he’s a nice guy. I just really don’t like people saying things about me that aren’t true.

Also I love discussion on here, I like talking about my opinion on things with others and finding out their opinion on those same things, it’s okay if we disagree and tbh I didn’t really see this as much of an argument, you keep overeating to what can just be a healthy conversation about why you like persona and why I like SMT. You made it about me by calling me pretentious and made it about the fanbase by calling them toxic, I didn’t want to bring anything like that into the talk. I talked about why I like SMT over persona but you haven’t did anything about the SMT games or Perosna games. Just about you, me, and the fanbase.

I just wanted a discussion, but I think at this points it’s best to leave this behind us. Also you asked if I was an accepting person and I can tell you I am, like I said, I’m not discrediting you or anything, I just don’t like the persona games, you’re still welcome to come here and praise them if you like, just don’t make it about me or the SMT fanbase again. And I’m nice the guy who only watches dubs, and if that isn’t being accepting then I don’t know what is, haha!

Last thing, feel free to go and make an introduction post in the introduction section, I’m sure people would like to say welcome and give you questions to answer. It’d be a good way to get started and meet all the active people, there’s not many of us so it shouldn’t be too hard to remember all our names. As far as how I act on the forums goes, I tend to like to ignore any bast disagreement or arguments, sometimes things get heated but there’s no point in us hating each other, so if your willing to put this behind us and treat each conversation as it’s own seperate conversation, then that’s what I’ll be doing too. I like to just kept it all seperate cause there’s not many active people, no point hating.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Owen Gray
I Like Anime

Postby Owen Gray » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:45 am

Eira wrote:I’m not trying to argue with you and I haven’t even freaked out, I was just saying that you got really rude and so I decided to point out why I don’t like the persona games, I never tried to belittle you or do anything mean or rude to you, I never even said anything bad about you for the first few posts about this. I was just saying I don’t like the games, I never said anything bad to you, or to the persona fans. YOU made it be about me and YOU made it be about a toxic fanbase. Maybe you misunderstood and thought I was saying that the persona games are objectively bad, but if you look at my signature it says that I belive objectivity doesn’t exist and everything I say is in relation to me. It’s fine if you like them, you got too defensive before I said anything about you, I guess that was just a reaction based on the past interactions with other people, nothing like that would happen here. I don’t belittle others, I just said why I don’t like the games, and I keep repeating myself cause I want it to be clear.

Also I don’t need to Chris to jump in to defend me tbh, I was just saying that if you talk to people who know me they’ll tell you I’m really not a pretentious person and since you like OS you probs have respect for Chris so you’d trust what he said, besides I know he won’t jump to my defence anyway cause as I said, he doesn’t like telling other members that they were wrong about something, he’s a nice guy. I just really don’t like people saying things about me that aren’t true.

Also I love discussion on here, I like talking about my opinion on things with others and finding out their opinion on those same things, it’s okay if we disagree and tbh I didn’t really see this as much of an argument, you keep overeating to what can just be a healthy conversation about why you like persona and why I like SMT. You made it about me by calling me pretentious and made it about the fanbase by calling them toxic, I didn’t want to bring anything like that into the talk. I talked about why I like SMT over persona but you haven’t did anything about the SMT games or Perosna games. Just about you, me, and the fanbase.

I just wanted a discussion, but I think at this points it’s best to leave this behind us. Also you asked if I was an accepting person and I can tell you I am, like I said, I’m not discrediting you or anything, I just don’t like the persona games, you’re still welcome to come here and praise them if you like, just don’t make it about me or the SMT fanbase again. And I’m nice the guy who only watches dubs, and if that isn’t being accepting then I don’t know what is, haha!

Last thing, feel free to go and make an introduction post in the introduction section, I’m sure people would like to say welcome and give you questions to answer. It’d be a good way to get started and meet all the active people, there’s not many of us so it shouldn’t be too hard to remember all our names. As far as how I act on the forums goes, I tend to like to ignore any bast disagreement or arguments, sometimes things get heated but there’s no point in us hating each other, so if your willing to put this behind us and treat each conversation as it’s own seperate conversation, then that’s what I’ll be doing too. I like to just kept it all seperate cause there’s not many active people, no point hating.

aight then lets leave it behind us. I'm not in the mood to type a bunch since its really early, but thanks for being willing to forget about it. I don't really care about SMT or persona I'm just used to being defensive because everywhere else on the internet is an absolute hell hole of toxic people so I just assumed you were one of them. I can see that your not and I'm in the wrong here so sorry.

Like Chris and Andrew said its hard to tell what people are actually like just by commenting to them, so I get myself in trouble a lot on the internet by judging people too early. it is funny though because pretty much every one of my internet friends I met by arguing with them about politics or something stupid. anyways I hope we can get along in the future. also, I probably should have done this over pms instead of the question thread lol.

jar3dbftball
I Like Anime

Postby jar3dbftball » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello Andrew & Chris. I would like to ask you guys a couple questions that I hope will have some good discussion.

First Question:
What are some anime shows/movies (old or current) that you think are really good that have failed to receive the recognition that they deserve?

Second Question:
You have only 3 picks each. If you could choose any anime that is not finished and have it receive an ending, what shows would you pick? How would you end these series?

P.S. This is not part of the questions, but I would like to make a request for a podcast episode. Could you do a podcast on best anime movies including titles such as Your Name, Koe no Katachi, I Want to Eat Your Pancreas, etc. Possibly including spoiler content on these movies. (Please don't include any Ghibli movies since you have already discussed them a lot in earlier podcasts)
P.P.S. If you haven't watched the movies that I have specifically mentioned above, I highly recommend these.
jar3dbftball likes anime.
Please follow me on Pinterest @ Amazingg Animezz