322) Music of Summer 2017 Anime

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

322) Music of Summer 2017 Anime

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:27 am

The Summer 2017 Anime Season is in full swing and the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to dial in the best music of the season for listeners to hear! From rock, to electric, to idols, and even a little bit of silly at the end.

Including great tracks from the likes of Sawano Hiroyuki, fhana, KNoW NAME, DAOKO, Unison Square Garden, TeddyLoid, Kalafina, May’n, ORESAMA, and so much more!

NOTE: For High Quality purposes for music, this podcast was exported via HQ setting, thus slightly larger in size than standard podcasts. Roughly 95.4MB. Keep that in mind for bandwidth limits please.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/07/animecas ... 017-anime/

Songs spotlight in this episode:
    “Baby’s Breath” by KNoW NAME – Sakura Quest ED2
    “Move on! Ibaramichi” by GRANRODEO – Saiyuuki Reload Blast OP
    “On My MiND” by Mrs Green Apple – Fastest Fingers First OP
    “Trip Trip Trip” by ORESAMA – Magical Circle Guru Guru OP
    “Round&Round&Round” by Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund feat Bonjour Suzuki – Magical Circle Guru Guru ED
    “Step by Step UP” by fourfolium (cast) – NEW GAME!! OP
    “One In A Billion” by Wake Up Girls and May’n – Restaurant to Another World OP
    “Good Night Mare” by Rozareena – Elegant Yokai Apartment Life OP
    “Hello! My World!!” by fhana – Knight’s and Magic OP
    “Edelweiss” by Asaka – A Centaur’s Life ED
    “Hyakka Ryouran” by Kalafina – Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ED
    “Sora ni utaeba” by amazarashi – My Hero Academia 2 OP2
    “Datte Atashi no Hero” by LiSA – My Hero Academia 2 ED2
    “Red Door feat Yoshikazu Mera” by TeddyLoid – 18if OP
    “The Other Side of the Wall” by Void_Chords feat.MARU – Princess Principal OP
    “10% Roll, 10% Romance” by UNISON SQUARE GARDEN – Welcome to the Ballroom OP
    “Sh0ut” by SawanoHiroyuki nZk: Tielle & Gemie – Re:Creators OP2
    “Walk This Way” by THE BEAT GARDEN – Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul OP2
    “Cinderella step” by DAOKO – Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul ED2
    “Can’t you say” by Roys – Love and Lies ED
    “Taiyou no Elegy” by Flower – Altair: A Record of Battles ED
    “Zenryoku Summer” by angela – Aho Girl OP
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neko
Jii-San

Re: 322) Music of Summer 2017 Anime

Postby Neko » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:16 pm

I think I want to hear Kalifina do a cover of the Mothra Island fairies song. :)

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:58 am

I imagine that the songs aren't being on iTunes immediately probably has to do with the actual single release in Japan. I also imagine they would delay it just to get the initial physical sales since CDs in Japan is still a viable business over there.

Andrew, the reason you don't remember amazarashi in Ranpo Kitan compared to My Hero Academia is that they are different types of songs. I didn't put it until together until you mention that he did Ranpo Kitan and completely remember that he did the OP.

angela has done silly songs before Aho Girl. Seitokai Yakuindomo ED is one of those silly songs.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Mashes replay button for New Game and Elegant Youkai OPs.

Really love the New Game OP, last seasons was great and this one is no different. And I haven't seen Elegant Youkai yet but man did I love that song. Relistened to it many times this morning. Also really like the Aho-Girl OP. So much fun!

And weirdly enough I liked the all build and no drop in the 18if OP. I'm not a fan of that style generally but I liked the anticipation the song brought. Builds a lot of tension and never let's it go, it's just kinda there and for some reason I really liked it. Kinda suiting of what I've seen of the show so far.

Always happy to hear my girl LiSA make an appearance in the season. Easily my favorite Japanese artist next to Maximum the Hormone and maybe Steropony. But she edges out Steropony at least. I gotta get more of her albums, I bought Launcher by her awhile back and loved it top to bottom. I'm happy her music's pretty available most online places.

These are always fun, lots of cool music and this helped me find a song I really love, the one from Elegant Youkai. Can't wait for a full version to pop up eventually.

Lookin forward to the next!

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Haven't watched My Hero Academy but I am a fan of amazarashi because of Tokyo Ghoul Root A ED
Restaurant to Another World OP has a really good beginning and it's always nice to hear it.
Also a fan of Bonjour Suzuki so I enjoyed the Guru Guru ED
You also blown my mind that Aho Girl is Aoi Yuuki, I had no idea.
[Edit] I've been looking for Me! Me! Me! On iTunes since the music video was released, I just found it because I looked up Teddy Loid so thanks (I can believe it though, because you have to type ME!ME!ME!, if you type Me! Me! Me! you can't find it (-_-)

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Neko wrote:I think I want to hear Kalifina do a cover of the Mothra Island fairies song. :)

Haha, like Gozirra? Not familiar with the song.

Mys145 wrote:I imagine that the songs aren't being on iTunes immediately probably has to do with the actual single release in Japan. I also imagine they would delay it just to get the initial physical sales since CDs in Japan is still a viable business over there.

Physical is still important to Japan, no matter how you cut it. I read an article once that rentals was a bigger thing as many rented just to rip them. But yes, I noticed albums like Sawano Hiroyuki being held for order after JP release, which was generally after the show's end. However, I've also seen plenty (more so lately) hit about at Season start like fhana.. which surprisingly enough hit iTunes before the physical single hit Japan. So there's no set system, naturally.

Star-K wrote:Also a fan of Bonjour Suzuki so I enjoyed the Guru Guru ED
You also blown my mind that Aho Girl is Aoi Yuuki, I had no idea.

You did get Bonjour Suzuki's recent best album riiiiiiiight? ::mischief::

Not sure if we mentioned it on the cast at some point, but at the beginning of each season, we always have this period of time where we're wracking our brains over trying to figure out each seiyu in a show. Aho Girl punched me in the face pretty dang quick and I was floored lol.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Andrew wrote:
Neko wrote:I think I want to hear Kalifina do a cover of the Mothra Island fairies song. :)

Haha, like Gozirra? Not familiar with the song.

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

I guess there's a Miku version.
phpBB [video]