323) Gundam The Origin: Chronicle of Char and Sayla

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

323) Gundam The Origin: Chronicle of Char and Sayla

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:28 pm

After visiting the original Mobile Suit Gundam and its recompilation movie, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast visit the newest retelling and prequel story in Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin. Listen in and get their opinions on the telling of Char and Sayla’s backstory and if it adds new life to the series.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin: Chronicle of Char and Sayla Blu-ray was provided to us for review by Right Stuf and Sunrise.

The music for this episode is from the first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin called “Hoshikuzu no Sunadokei” by Takatori Hattori featuring yu-yu.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/07/animecas ... and-sayla/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 323) Gundam The Origin: Chronicle of Char and Sayla

Postby Mys145 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 am

I'm pretty sure that the anime version of Gundam Origin are just going to be the parts that never were animated since the manga is an alternate retelling of the original TV series. I doubt Sunrise would do Origin as an OVA series if they were planning to redo the original TV series. it would be nice to have an anime version of the entire Origin manga but at the same time, I'm fine with the current format of just doing pre-0079 stuff.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:07 am

You know the show will be epic if entire animation studio was founded to animate it.
Gundam The Origin OVA is dreams of every Gundam fan coming true.Stellar animation with jaw dropping art direction by Yoshikazu Yatsuhiko focused on events that lead to One Year War with music that pust most big budget Hollywood blockbusters to shame.Writing is also on point and does justice to its original.
Something that You guys didn't mention was English dub,which was excellent.Normally I'm against dubs in anime,but in this show I have no problem with it,more it was actually pleasant to listen to.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:06 am

Mys145 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the anime version of Gundam Origin are just going to be the parts that never were animated since the manga is an alternate retelling of the original TV series. I doubt Sunrise would do Origin as an OVA series if they were planning to redo the original TV series. it would be nice to have an anime version of the entire Origin manga but at the same time, I'm fine with the current format of just doing pre-0079 stuff.

I actually would love it to go on through to the end of the One Year War, but more so because I want a definitive version of a classic. He added so much character build to the cast that I'd like to see it continued into the main cast. Apparently 5&6 lead into the battle of Loum, and they havent said that 6 would be the end of it.

Kocurek1944 wrote:You know the show will be epic if entire animation studio was founded to animate it.
Gundam The Origin OVA is dreams of every Gundam fan coming true.Stellar animation with jaw dropping art direction by Yoshikazu Yatsuhiko focused on events that lead to One Year War with music that pust most big budget Hollywood blockbusters to shame.Writing is also on point and does justice to its original.
Something that You guys didn't mention was English dub,which was excellent.Normally I'm against dubs in anime,but in this show I have no problem with it,more it was actually pleasant to listen to.

Do you know if they specified that it would only lead up to the OYW or will they dabble into it? I hope they just keep going for the reason you said. I'm not the entire fandom but I gao well want it to keep going lol.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

Andrew wrote:Do you know if they specified that it would only lead up to the OYW or will they dabble into it? I hope they just keep going for the reason you said. I'm not the entire fandom but I gao well want it to keep going lol.

Episodes 5 and 6 will cover beginning of OYW(three seconds warning,operation British and battle of Loum).So far it doesn't look like it will go any further,so I wouldn't count on Origin OVA becoming fully fledged MSG remake.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:Episodes 5 and 6 will cover beginning of OYW(three seconds warning,operation British and battle of Loum).So far it doesn't look like it will go any further,so I wouldn't count on Origin OVA becoming fully fledged MSG remake.

Break my heart man, break my heart. Guess there's always the manga... that I need to read already..

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:29 pm

My favorite part about these OVAs is that before I watched them I knew why Char hated the Zabis. After I watched them I hated the Zabis too. It just made me empathize with Char all that much more. My biggest complaint is there isn't that much mobile suit stuff in it but that's to be expected since the one year war isn't even going on yet. Little Sayla is so adorable in this, I felt so bad for that poor girl.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:My favorite part about these OVAs is that before I watched them I knew why Char hated the Zabis. After I watched them I hated the Zabis too.

You summed up my thoughts better than me. So true!

Well, minus Dozle..

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Andrew wrote:
Whiskeyjack19 wrote:My favorite part about these OVAs is that before I watched them I knew why Char hated the Zabis. After I watched them I hated the Zabis too.

You summed up my thoughts better than me. So true!

Well, minus Dozle..

That's one more minor gripe I had. Dozle was just basically a bumbling clown in the show. I know they were showing how he wasn't a scheming snake in the grass like the rest of his family but I think they took it too far.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:That's one more minor gripe I had. Dozle was just basically a bumbling clown in the show. I know they were showing how he wasn't a scheming snake in the grass like the rest of his family but I think they took it too far.

Well, as I see it, the biggest issue the Zabi family faces is that each and every one of them are out for their own intentions. This turns them into a cluster of backstabbing and general distrust of telling eachother what their goals are. It's for this reason that Dozle is left to run around wondering "what the hell is going on?!" Dozle is the only one that followed by the example of Degwin's importance of family, but I also don't think they ever shied away from showing that he wasn't the smartest of the bunch. All muscle and little brains archetype I guess.