326) Zeta Gundam A New Translation

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

326) Zeta Gundam A New Translation

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm

The Gundam marathoning continues as the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast tackle the Zeta Gundam movie trilogy A New Translation. Does it offer enough to stand out from the original series? Listen and find out!

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam A New Translation Blu-ray was provided to us for review by Right Stuf and Sunrise.

The opening music for this episode is the opening for A New Translation called “Metamorphoze” by Gackt. The closing for this episode is the closing for A New Translation called “Kimi ga Matteiru Kara” by Gackt.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/08/animecas ... anslation/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: 326) Zeta Gundam A New Translation

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 am

Zeta Gundam had revolutionary animation,it was basically 50 episodes TV series with movie quality animation...but that was back in 1985,so decision to put it side to side with animation from 2005 is baffling.Reanimated scenes look stunning,even after 12 years(new color palette,upgraded mechanical and character designs and masterful usage of CGI).So visually this trilogy was a let down,watching it I was just screaming "Sunrise either go all in or don't go at all" because contrast and frequency of changes was just plain wierd.I still want fully reanimated Zeta compilation,because potential and team to deliver breathtaking animation definitely was there.

Spoiler:
I,on the other hand,didn't appreciated changed ending.Zeta had a fitting conclusion that avoided "forced happy go lucky end" syndrome.Yeah,it was depressing,but that was a point.War is sad,war is cruel,war makes you insane.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 326) Zeta Gundam A New Translation

Postby Andrew » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:Zeta Gundam had revolutionary animation,it was basically 50 episodes TV series with movie quality animation...but that was back in 1985,so decision to put it side to side with animation from 2005 is baffling.Reanimated scenes look stunning,even after 12 years(new color palette,upgraded mechanical and character designs and masterful usage of CGI).So visually this trilogy was a let down,watching it I was just screaming "Sunrise either go all in or don't go at all" because contrast and frequency of changes was just plain wierd.I still want fully reanimated Zeta compilation,because potential and team to deliver breathtaking animation definitely was there.

Spoiler:
I,on the other hand,didn't appreciated changed ending.Zeta had a fitting conclusion that avoided "forced happy go lucky end" syndrome.Yeah,it was depressing,but that was a point.War is sad,war is cruel,war makes you insane.

Hah "go all in" was my thought while watching it. Though, that's a given with our discussion over Origin going for the whole thing.

Spoiler:
Oh no doubt. I read somewhere that they did it for the fact that it was a theatrical release. I agree, but I also can't deny I was happy to see Fa happy.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694