336) Kizumonogatari Novel

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

336) Kizumonogatari Novel

Postby Andrew » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 pm

The third volume release of Nisio Isin’s Monogatari series sees the prequel story of how Araragi got into the predicament that he finds himself in at the outset of the Bakemonogatari story. Listen to get the hosts’ view on if this prequel story lived up to their expectations.

This podcast is a spoiler free review of the novel that is the third of its chronological releases. Thus it will contain minor story spoilers as to the prequel happenings of the story.

The opening for this episode is called “Perfect Slumber” by Yui Horie. The closing for this episode is called “Chocolate Insomnia” by Yui Horie.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/09/animecas ... ari-novel/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Re: 336) Kizumonogatari Novel

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 am

"DramaTurkey – mouth- and eyewatering. Because who needs bodily fluids when you can have delicious poultry?"

Listening to this episode, I remembered hearing you guys talk about the Monogatari audiobooks before. As someone who dislikes subs, that might actually be a decent solution for me to consume the story. However, after Bake, a German dub for Kizumonogatari has now been announced, so I'll be covered there :). I'm hoping that we'll eventually get localizations of other installments of the series in my country... Still waiting for that toothbrush scene ::glasses::.
(Credit for this signature goes to Andrew - you rock!)

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 pm

BlueSpark wrote:"DramaTurkey – mouth- and eyewatering. Because who needs bodily fluids when you can have delicious poultry?"

Listening to this episode, I remembered hearing you guys talk about the Monogatari audiobooks before. As someone who dislikes subs, that might actually be a decent solution for me to consume the story. However, after Bake, a German dub for Kizumonogatari has now been announced, so I'll be covered there :). I'm hoping that we'll eventually get localizations of other installments of the series in my country... Still waiting for that toothbrush scene ::glasses::.

Holy smokes, they are German dubbing Monogatari? Jealous to hear. Still sad we haven't seen that happen for English. More so because subtitle is a huge hold off for many anime fans wanting to watch it.

I think even if you watch the movies, the audio book still has a lot more to offer. They cut most all of the conversations between Araragi and the hunters in the adaptation (sadly).

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 am

Good to know. I guess I'll consider it if the movies leave me wanting more.

And yeah, some dubbing studio in my country was actually crazy enough to pick up Bakemonogatari, the one anime people were predicting would never receive a dub because of all the crazy wordplay in the dialog. I'm not one to care for literal translations / accurate reflection of the intricacies in the Japanese language and culture, so it certainly was fine by me :).
(Credit for this signature goes to Andrew - you rock!)

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Good to know. I guess I'll consider it if the movies leave me wanting more.

And yeah, some dubbing studio in my country was actually crazy enough to pick up Bakemonogatari, the one anime people were predicting would never receive a dub because of all the crazy wordplay in the dialog. I'm not one to care for literal translations / accurate reflection of the intricacies in the Japanese language and culture, so it certainly was fine by me :).

RIP all the voice actors. Just.. A LOT of dialog.. hah

Well, if they pay by word like many studios do.. lots of mula there.