339) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 1

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

339) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 1

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 am

The Summer 2017 Anime Season is coming to a close and the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to give their thoughts on the early-enders. Creations battling it out, romance both tragic and hilarious, and reviving the boonies!

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Katsugeki Touken Ranbu, My First Girlfriend Is A Gal, Sagrada Reset, Love and Lies, Re:Creators, Sakura Quest, Netsuzou Trap NTR, Aho Girl, and Tsuredure Children.

Note: Following the spoiler free reviews for these shows, and following the closing music, we go into a spoiler discussion on a few shows. If you have not watched the below shows, avoid listening within their time stamps.

1:42:51 – 1:44:38 Sakura Quest
1:44:38 – 1:52:22 Sagrada Reset
1:52:22 – 1:56:01 Love and Lies
1:56:01 – 2:11:22 Re:Creators

The opening music for this episode is the OP2 for Re:Creators called “Sh0ut” by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: Tielle & Gemie. The closing music for this episode is the ED1 for Sagrada Reset called “Tonari Au” by THE ORAL CIGARETTES. After the spoiler segment, we close with the ED1 for Sakura Quest called “Freesia” by KNoW NAME.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/09/animecas ... ew-part-1/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 339) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 1

Postby Mys145 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 am

I just wonder why you hated melodrama in Sagrada Reset but yet with Sakura Quest, you wanted some melodrama in it, Andrew.

Sagrada Reset

Spoiler:
I think a more vaild reason for keeping the powers would be that it would taking away a part of yourself. Sure that they won't remember having powers but it was still a part of them.

I have known people who prefer to have constant action and then complain about it. When they get a show that has less action, they complain about not having enough action. It's a constant back and forth. I think some people wanted Re:Creators to be this show where various anime character tropes just fight every episode and when it didn't do that they hated it because it wasn't the show they want at all.

I didn't think the last battle in Re:Creators didn't drag on like you guys did and thought the climax of that battle fit the series very well.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Mys145 wrote: ::peace::

I never said I wanted Melodrama in Sakura Quest. I said it didn't have Melodrama in it, and that's a good thing. There's a big difference between wanting solid and meaningful drama and wanting melodrama.

Definitely agree on the conclusion of the final battle for Re:Creators. I really liked it. But yes, I think the easy choice to hate an action show is to point out if it has too much or too little.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 am

Aaargh... Love and Lies sounds so perfect for me ::dontgo::! I really hope Sentai will localize it for the disc release.

I'm also somewhat interested in Re:Creators now - will keep an eye out for a possible dub accouncement.
(Credit for this signature goes to Andrew - you rock!)