351) Insert Misquoted Director For Link Bait

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

351) Insert Misquoted Director For Link Bait

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am

After a few weeks, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are back for yet another discussional podcast episode to cover the news and catch up on the community at large.

Topics this episode: Toei profits, Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi adaptation, Tatsuki recruiting new project, Ellation Malware announcement, Angel Beats out of print, Keiichi Hara new project, Fate Apocrypha on Netflix, Disastrous Life of Saiki K season 2, Kud Wafter Global Success, Netflix Erased release, Attack on Titan Season 3, Fate GO artist’s exodus, Hinamatsuri anime, Visual Arts crowdfunding for VR Planetarian, Hiromi Tsuru passing, Overlord 2 themes, Sega revealing new Valkyria project, Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs anime, Right Stuf Gundam news, Fist of the North Star eBook, Anime in Oscars, Utawarerumono game remake, Welcome to the Ballroom passes manga, misquoted directors, licenses, and much more!

Thanks to BlueSpark, NativeAbearican, Ledah013, and Companion Kyuubey for the great questions featured in this episode!

The intro music for this episode is the OP for Outbreak Company called “Univer Page” by Suzuko Mimori. The outro music for this episode is the ED for Space Dandy called “X Jigen e Youkoso” by Etsuko Yakushimaru.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/11/animecas ... link-bait/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Re: 351) Insert Misquoted Director For Link Bait

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:03 am

Valve's censorship policies are questionable, indeed. However, if we accept that's how they've designed their guidelines for games, I think it's perfectly valid for them to request companies to remove links to uncensor patches. At least if I understood you correctly, this only pertains to the official Steam site/shop, right? In that case, consumers can still get what they want via a quick Google search, and Valve saves face by visibly 'enforcing' their policies instead of turning a blind eye.
I've already downloaded the Fruit of Grisaia patch ahead of time, anyway, for whenever I decide to reread it. Still gotta look for one for Labyrinth, though.

So, Angel Beats! is going out of print, eh? I did buy a copy, but I don't remember whether it was the Blu-ray or just the DVDs. Better re-check, maybe I'll cough up the bucks for the BD release in case I haven't already. Being a Key adaptation series, albeit one of my less favorite ones, I guess it's worth it.

Harassing an artist until they decide to close their Twitter account is just despicable. Of course, you could turn it around by saying that anime fans are simply very passionate about the products they consume and want them to look great in their eyes. But beauty is subjective, and passion doesn't give you the right to be a dick on the internet. Stories like this make me glad that I barely use social networks at all.

Thanks for racking your brains on my account once more ;). While you might encounter the problem of not having seen all of the shows I have, this episode reminded me that some of these I watched so long ago that my recollection of their characters is hazy at best. For instance, even though I brought up Azumanga Daioh, I barely remember any of the girls aside from the Osaka airhead (Chio?) and the athletic tomboy.
I totally should've seen that Minoru x Gendou coming – Andrew, you truly are the punishipper of doom :P.

As soon as I read Kyuubey's question on the corresponding forum thread a while back, I immediately knew what Chris's answer would be ;). I can't say I have any such series, myself; I don't think I'd watch Grave of the Fireflies a 2nd time, but not so much because it emotionally wrecked me rather than because I simply didn't find it entertaining enough. I suppose the closest candidate for me would be Saikano (or She, the Ultimate Weapon, which I recently learned is another official English title) – the depression is real with that show.

It's a shame to hear that Andrew has no inclination to revisit Baka and Test. I'd say you're missing out greatly, but then again, we all know how subjective comedy is. Some people loved No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular while I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10-foot pole ever again – no anime has ever made me cringe so hard, period (except maybe for Green Green, that's a close call).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 351) Insert Misquoted Director For Link Bait

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:33 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Valve's censorship policies are questionable, indeed. However, if we accept that's how they've designed their guidelines for games, I think it's perfectly valid for them to request companies to remove links to uncensor patches. At least if I understood you correctly, this only pertains to the official Steam site/shop, right? In that case, consumers can still get what they want via a quick Google search, and Valve saves face by visibly 'enforcing' their policies instead of turning a blind eye.
I've already downloaded the Fruit of Grisaia patch ahead of time, anyway, for whenever I decide to reread it. Still gotta look for one for Labyrinth, though.

I know most can find it if they want, but I wonder how long until Valve puts a block on games in library being patchable, or detecting patches. That's where it starts to bother me because it's no longer on their end, but the consumer's computer.

BlueSpark wrote:Thanks for racking your brains on my account once more ;). While you might encounter the problem of not having seen all of the shows I have, this episode reminded me that some of these I watched so long ago that my recollection of their characters is hazy at best. For instance, even though I brought up Azumanga Daioh, I barely remember any of the girls aside from the Osaka airhead (Chio?) and the athletic tomboy.
I totally should've seen that Minoru x Gendou coming – Andrew, you truly are the punishipper of doom :P.

Haha, I retain the title of the punishipper. I really want that to be a thing.

I'm on the same boat for Azumanga Daioh. Shows like Nichijou and Lucky Star pushes it out my mind haha. All I remember really is the scary teacher.

BlueSpark wrote:As soon as I read Kyuubey's question on the corresponding forum thread a while back, I immediately knew what Chris's answer would be ;). I can't say I have any such series, myself; I don't think I'd watch Grave of the Fireflies a 2nd time, but not so much because it emotionally wrecked me rather than because I simply didn't find it entertaining enough. I suppose the closest candidate for me would be Saikano (or She, the Ultimate Weapon, which I recently learned is another official English title) – the depression is real with that show.

Oh goodness, yes, She the Ultimate Weapon is not a happy show haha.. Even though I bought the dang thing recently...

BlueSpark wrote:It's a shame to hear that Andrew has no inclination to revisit Baka and Test. I'd say you're missing out greatly, but then again, we all know how subjective comedy is. Some people loved No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular while I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10-foot pole ever again – no anime has ever made me cringe so hard, period (except maybe for Green Green, that's a close call).

Hah, I'm with you on Watamote, but can't find myself going back to Baka and Test. I may be more accepting of it now than when I tried. I find comedy is not only subjective, but also something that can hit you one day, but not another day. Sense of humor evolves so much day to day.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694