352) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

352) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Following up their review of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast jump right into the movie sequel Endless Waltz. Listen in to get their take on this sequel that digs quite a bit into backstory.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Blu-ray was provided to us for review by Sunrise and Right Stuf.

The opening of this episode is the OP for Gundam Wing called “Just Communication” by TWO-MIX. The closing for this episode is the ED for Gundam Wing called “It’s Just Love” by Lumi Ohishi.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/11/animecas ... ess-waltz/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: 352) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

I like Endless Waltz.Probably because of its short length, stellar animation and Hajime Katoki mechanical designs.

I just have to appreciate the fact that finale of the movie/OVA is set in Brussels despite the fact that none of Japanese VA could pronounce the name correctly.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

DestroyerGX
Anime Junky

Postby DestroyerGX » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 pm

I remember thoroughly enjoying this movie, after anticipating it for so long after seeing the Toonami run of Gundam Wing. It is still good after all this, though it doesn't fix all the problems I see in the TV series.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:51 am

I really like Endless Waltz back in the day and still probably do. I do wish those mechanical designs for the Gundams were in the actual show instead. Another difference between the OVA and the movie was the insert/ED song itself. The OVA used White Reflection while the movie used Last Impression. I prefer White Reflection over Last Impression myself which is why I was disappointed when you didn't use either song for the podcast itself.

As a bit of trivia, the vocalist for TWO-MIX doesn't voice anyone in Gundam Wing but in a later Gundam series. That series is Gundam 00 which she voices Kati Manequin who also did the voice of the mom in Erased.