359) Winter 2018 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

359) Winter 2018 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:59 pm

With the Winter season on the horizon, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to give you the download on exactly what to expect. It’s a jam pack and exciting season, so prepare your lists to be filled!

Anime Discussed In This Preview: Violet Evergarden, Fate/Extra Last Encore, citrus, Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody, Darling in the Franxx, Record of Grancrest War, Love is like After The Rain, Pop Team Epic, Skilled Teaser Takagi-san, Mitsuboshi Colors, Idolish7, Beatless, Gakuen Babysitters, Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, Laid Back Camp Delta, Toji no Miko, Ito Junji Collection, Sanrio Danshi, The Ryou’s Work is Never Done, Kokkoku Moment by Moment, Hakumei to Mikochi, Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san, Fairy Tale Girls, Slow Star, Killing Bites, How to Keep a Mummy, Uchuu Yori mo Tooi Basho, Dame x Prince Anime Caravan, Overlord 2, Seven Deadly Sins 2, Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card, Touken Ranbu Hanamaru 2, The Silver Guardian 2, Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line, Basilisk 2, Hakyuu Houshin Engi, The Seven Heavenly Virtues, Hugtto Precure, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K 2, Takunomi, Dagashi Kashi 2, Kaijuu Girls 2, gd Men, Sakura no Chikai, Continuing Series, and some random ONA/Movie/OVAs!

The intro for this episode is from the PV for Darling in the Franxx. The outro is from the PV for Love is Like After the Rain which features Aimer.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/12/animecas ... n-preview/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Re: 359) Winter 2018 Anime Season Preview

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:09 am

It feels a little bad to say this, given the reponse of a large part of the community, but I'm honestly glad: Violet Evergarden being grabbed by Netflix means a guaranteed dub :). It's a flat-out sweet win for me.

Also, still so darn hyped about the Chunibyo movie. I've made up my mind: If there is no official dub announcement by the time it's shown, I'll watch that thing in Japanese.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:52 am

SADLy fate extra will be in the form of ovas not full tv series

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 am

Food Wars Season 3 is taking a break in the winter and come back in the spring. I rather watch a full episode of shorts like Saiki K than watch actual shorts any day. It's sad that Dagashi Kashi 2 isn't full episodes but at least it's half episodes because any lower would seriously make me not to watch it.

It won't surprise me if Violet Evergarden was pushed back to summer or beyond especially with how Netflix has been releasing shows recently. In just this year alone, Little Witch Academia started as a winter show and didn't release until summer. ID-0 was a spring show, released in fall. Kakegurui was summer, just has a 2018 release date which means it will be at least two seasons since the initial Japanese airing. Fate/Apocrypha is summer and had the first half in November. Children of the Whales is in the current season and has no release date. So my point is that the launch window for Netflix releasing shows is getting bigger so I doubt Violet Evergarden will be released worldwide in Spring.

EDIT: Hitori no Shinji The Outcast season 2 is going to be this season as well even though it was aired in China back in the summer.

Companion Kyuubey
Crazy About Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am

In order of hype for me:
Will watch (when available):
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Fate/EXTRA Last Encore
Kokkoku
Violet Evergarden
Record of Grancrest
Mitsuboshi Colors
Laid-Back Camp
Love is Like after the Rain
A Story That Leads to the Antarctica (I prefer this name...)
Cardcapator Sakura: Clear Card
Hakumei and Mikochi

Might Watch:
Junji Ito Collection
Katana Maidens
Death March
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Killing Bites

Really full looking season for me personally. I most likely will only watch half of these, but even that would still be a lot of shows.
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Companion Kyuubey wrote:In order of hype for me:
Will watch (when available):
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Fate/EXTRA Last Encore
Kokkoku
Violet Evergarden
Record of Grancrest
Mitsuboshi Colors
Laid-Back Camp
Love is Like after the Rain
A Story That Leads to the Antarctica (I prefer this name...)
Cardcapator Sakura: Clear Card
Hakumei and Mikochi

Might Watch:
Junji Ito Collection
Katana Maidens
Death March
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Killing Bites

Really full looking season for me personally. I most likely will only watch half of these, but even that would still be a lot of shows.

It’s annoying I find myself excited for this season as well. Yet I think back on previous seasons and I realize when I’m excited the season becomes fine but when I’m only moderetly interested I end up walking away from the season with a lot of shows I’m not happy are ending.

;-p

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:34 pm

my full list

carry overs ongoing
yugioh vrains
one piece
boruto
dragon ball super

carry over seasonal
black clover
ancient magus bride

watching
7 deadly sins
sanrio boys
card captor sakura
basilisk
dame x prince
violet evergarden
death march
dagashi kashi
hoshigi engi[sou hunter]
killing bites
grancrest
overlord 2
darling
ramens
IDOLiSH7

maybe
beatless
25 sai
kakkou
Sword Dynasty
Miira no Kaikata
Märchen Mädchen
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
Fate/Extra: Last Encore

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:10 pm

BlueSpark wrote:It feels a little bad to say this, given the reponse of a large part of the community, but I'm honestly glad: Violet Evergarden being grabbed by Netflix means a guaranteed dub :). It's a flat-out sweet win for me.

Also, still so darn hyped about the Chunibyo movie. I've made up my mind: If there is no official dub announcement by the time it's shown, I'll watch that thing in Japanese.

No doubt at all. Don't get me wrong, I love Netflix's service and quality, but I can't shake the upset of fearing spoilers as others view it from other "services". Like right now, I'm already getting whispers of spoilers for Fate/Apocrypha and it annoys me to no end.

Once again the seasonal rumor mill flies off again, more talks of "this is the season they simulcast!".
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694