360) Fall 2017 Anime Season Review Part 1

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

360) Fall 2017 Anime Season Review Part 1

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am

The Fall 2017 Anime Season has come to a conclusion and the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to give their take on how each of the shows have concluded. This is the first of three parts covering the season, so tune in for more to come!

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Juni Taisen Zodiac War, Inuyashiki, Kino’s Journey The Beautiful World The Animated Series, King’s Game, Recovery of an MMO Junkie, My Girlfriend is ShoBitch, Blend S, and UQ Holder.

The opening song for this episode is the OP for Inuyashiki called “My Hero” by Man With A Mission. The closing for this episode is the ED for Juni Taisen called “Keshin no Kemono” by Do As Infinity.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/12/animecas ... ew-part-1/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

michelous
Anime Junky

Re: 360) Fall 2017 Anime Season Review Part 1

Postby michelous » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:28 pm

I am think the mars part was manga only they barely touched on many elements in the last few episodes and a few major plot line and elements of the uq holder manga were skipped and I think they did filler at the end. A little more gets covered in the ova which doesn’t have legal release

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:30 pm

michelous wrote:I am think the mars part was manga only they barely touched on many elements in the last few episodes and a few major plot line and elements of the uq holder manga were skipped and I think they did filler at the end. A little more gets covered in the ova which doesn’t have legal release

Yeah kinda figured it didn’t have a legal release. Negi was only mildly liked in the West. I want to say it was released just as westerners were starting to find a distaste for harems and cute things in general. But to be fair I was only slightly in tune with the fandom at the time so don’t take my word as law.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Chris wrote:
michelous wrote:I am think the mars part was manga only they barely touched on many elements in the last few episodes and a few major plot line and elements of the uq holder manga were skipped and I think they did filler at the end. A little more gets covered in the ova which doesn’t have legal release

Yeah kinda figured it didn’t have a legal release. Negi was only mildly liked in the West. I want to say it was released just as westerners were starting to find a distaste for harems and cute things in general. But to be fair I was only slightly in tune with the fandom at the time so don’t take my word as law.
ovas are hard to bring over

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:26 pm

michelous wrote:
Chris wrote:

Agreed. Cr is doing better by it but still not perfect.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Chris wrote:
michelous wrote:
Chris wrote:

funi even has issues getting ovas and movies

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:24 am

michelous wrote:
Chris wrote:
michelous wrote:
Chris wrote:

funi even has issues getting ovas and movies

Funi has current ova’s or just transferred cr’s. I have seen ovas on funi just never current.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:03 am

michelous wrote:this explains the ova problem https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answer ... 26/.115299

Heh I suppose I deserve that. Ova is implied in the accronym original video animation. The hope is always that ova is just better handled in general.and sadly until someone finds the magic button it will always be like this.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 am

Chris wrote:
michelous wrote:this explains the ova problem https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answer ... 26/.115299

Heh I suppose I deserve that. Ova is implied in the accronym original video animation. The hope is always that ova is just better handled in general.and sadly until someone finds the magic button it will always be like this.

the major issue tends to be when ova's have important content on them like in the case of the recent soma ovas if you dont see them you miss out on stuff needed to see before the season started the ova before season 3 was very important and it woudnt shock me if the ova before season 4 is the same
if you intend to be legal about things the ova market will punish you unless amazon and crunchy roll can keep getting more and more ovas
it is just the sad fact of things
there are so many good ovas be