361) Best Anime of 2017 Deliberations Part 1

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

361) Best Anime of 2017 Deliberations Part 1

Postby Andrew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 pm

The year of 2017 has come to an end. After consuming well over 100 new series this year, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to weigh in on which ones were the best. From action, to drama, to seasonal, and best girl, tune in to hear their picks!

Please note: Deliberation episodes are intended to be nearly unfiltered and lightly edited. These were recorded over hours of deliberations and, while a bit of dead air was removed, it may have points of silence. This isn’t a reflection of our typical podcast episodes that are heavily edited for better listening experience.

Deliberations covered in this episode: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, and Drama.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Saga of Tanya the Evil called “JINGO JUNGLE” by Myth&Roid. The closing for this episode is the ED for Granblue Fantasy the Animation called “Sora no Parade” by HARUHI.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/01/animecas ... ns-part-1/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Re: 361) Best Anime of 2017 Deliberations Part 1

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 am

Well, you guys effectively scratched Hand Shakers off my tentative plan-to-watch list. Which is probably a good thing since the list has been growing to a terrifying size lately.

I'm thrilled that Andrew remembered my creation, the "Maid in Abyss" :D. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid in Abyss FTW!

Defining "fantasy" seemed to turn into quite the rabbit hole debate :P. Although I'd argue that when Chris was talking about a "fantasy world," I'd say the more appropriate term would be "fictional," as in "not real," whereas fantasy is simply "not realistic."

This episode took care of 3 of my least favorite genres in one fell swoop. As for the other one, I haven't seen a show from 2017 that I valued highly for its drama (except arguably Tsukigakirei, although I'd classify that one as a romance first and foremost). But then again, I haven't seen many animes which aired last year, period. I'm still looking forward to March Comes in Like a Lion.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!