363) Best Anime of 2017 Deliberations Part 3

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

363) Best Anime of 2017 Deliberations Part 3

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm

The year of 2017 has come to an end. After consuming well over 100 new series this year, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are here to weigh in on which ones were the best. From action, to drama, to seasonal, and best girl, tune in to hear their picks!

Please note: Deliberation episodes are intended to be nearly unfiltered and lightly edited. These were recorded over hours of deliberations and, while a bit of dead air was removed, it may have points of silence. This isn’t a reflection of our typical podcast episodes that are heavily edited for better listening experience.

Deliberations covered in this episode: Romance, Sports, Military, Mystery and Supernatural, Magical Girl/Boy, Healing and Relaxing, Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, Shorts, Animation, Art, Concept, Original, Worst, Disappointing, Biggest Surprise, Best Girl, and Best Boy.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Magical Circle Guruguru called “Trip Trip Trip” by ORESAMA. The closing for this episode is the ED for A Centaur’s Life called “Edelweiss” by Asaka.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/01/animecas ... ns-part-3/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: 363) Best Anime of 2017 Deliberations Part 3

Postby fragoff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:24 am

Incoming hate that andrew requested:
HATE!!

There you go. Enjoy it.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 am

I don't think idol shows should be grouped with competition shows since their main thing is to entertain not trying to be the best of the best. I think Fastest Finger First should have been in the top 5 sports instead of Classroom of the Elite since it fits perfectly with sports more so than March Comes in Like a Lion.

There was a true magical girl show that you guys missed which was Twin Angel Break but it's average at best.

I was expecting Chris to turn Best Girl into Best Loli as usual but he managed to get only 60% of the list to be lolis instead of 100%.

There's a fine line that you're toting with Netflix titles since right now, you guys are discounting Kakegurui (which just got confirm for a season 2 and currently just has a 2018 date for the first season), Fate/Apocrypha (don't know when the second half will be released), and Children of the Whales (no date set). If you are going to include them for 2018 (that's if they are streaming on Netflix by then), you better say it as a rule ahead of time. Also movies is a problem as well since Your Name and A Silent Voice were released in 2016 but didn't come out elsewhere until last year.

Soupkitten
I Like Anime

Postby Soupkitten » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 am

That cgi comment on Ufotable really bothered me. You guys know that Ufotable uses an absurd amount of cgi, right? I recommend watching Canipa Effect's video on the studio. He starts talking about the digital team at 4:47 https://youtu.be/pYJ8Jgt8MwI

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Soupkitten wrote:That cgi comment on Ufotable really bothered me. You guys know that Ufotable uses an absurd amount of cgi, right? I recommend watching Canipa Effect's video on the studio. He starts talking about the digital team at 4:47 https://youtu.be/pYJ8Jgt8MwI

Not sure why it would. I gush on a regular basis about the CGI work ufotable does. I was one of the few people defending God Eater's style when it aired. But that doesn't automatically mean all of their work has been great. Their capabilities for creating insane angles and panned shots doesn't negate how terrible an overly detailed dragon looks in a shot.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694