368) Music of Winter 2018 Anime

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

368) Music of Winter 2018 Anime

Postby Andrew » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 am

Warm yourself up in the Winter 2018 season with some great tracks picked by the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast. The best OPs and EDs of the season are here to fill your ears while the hosts inform you of the artists that are behind them.

Including great tracks from the likes of GARNiDELiA, UNISON SQUARE GARDEN, Aimer, Myth and Roid, ClariS, Akeboshi Rockets, nano RIPE, Sumire Uesaka, and so much more!

NOTE: For High Quality purposes for music, this podcast was exported via HQ setting, thus slightly larger in size than standard podcasts. Roughly 92.7MB. Keep that in mind for bandwidth limits please.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/01/animecas ... 018-anime/

Songs spotlight in this episode:
    “Watashi no Tame no Monogatari” by fhana – Maerchen Maedchen OP
    “SHINY DAYS” by Asaka – Laid-Back Camp OP
    “Furu Biyori” by Eri Sasaki – Laid-Back Camp ED
    “GO CRY GO” by OxT – Overlord 2 OP
    “HYDRA” by Myth and Roid – Overlord 2 ED
    “Iwanai kedo ne” by Yuiko Oohara – Karakai Jozu no Tagaki-san OP
    “Korekara” by Machico – The Ryuo’s Work is Never Done OP
    “You” by May’n – The Ancient Magus’ Bride OP2
    “Haru ga Kite Bokura” by UNISON SQUARE GARDEN – March Comes In Like A Lion 2 OP2
    “Pop Team Epic” by Sumire Uesaka – Pop Team Epic OP
    “KISS OF DEATH” by Mika Nakashima x Hyde – Darling in the Franxx OP
    “Azalea” by nano.RIPE – Citrus OP
    “Stray” by Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets – Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens OP
    “Urar” by Chima – Hakumei and Mikochi OP
    “Nostalgic Rainfall” by CHiCO with Honeyworks – After the Rain OP
    “Ref:rain” by Aimer – After the Rain ED
    “Error” by GARNiDELiA – Beatless OP
    “PRIMALove” by ClariS – Beatless ED
    “Flashback” by Miyavi vs KenKen – Kokkoku OP
    “Asayake to Nettaigyo” by Boku no Lyric no Bouyomi
    “Colors Power ni Omakasero” by the cast – Mitsuboshi Colors ED
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

SleepyDog
I Like Anime

Re: 368) Music of Winter 2018 Anime

Postby SleepyDog » Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 am

I realize that I am posting a response here a bit late, but I was just re-listening to this podcast when I heard you two mention that the opening to Pop Team Epic by Sumire Uesaka sounded distantly familiar to another anime theme, and I was struck by the same realization--and more so (after some digging) I wonder if you mean the opening to Karin (the cute vampire romance from 2005 or so)? The opening to Karin is called "Scarlet" by BRACE;d, and I think there are definitely some similarities between the two, musically speaking.

(As an aside, I cannot believe that I'm posting about Pop Team Epic, which I still haven't checked out, when I'd much rather wax rhapsodic about all the music in Darling in the Franxx!) ;)

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 368) Music of Winter 2018 Anime

Postby Andrew » Sat May 12, 2018 10:46 am

SleepyDog wrote:I realize that I am posting a response here a bit late, but I was just re-listening to this podcast when I heard you two mention that the opening to Pop Team Epic by Sumire Uesaka sounded distantly familiar to another anime theme, and I was struck by the same realization--and more so (after some digging) I wonder if you mean the opening to Karin (the cute vampire romance from 2005 or so)? The opening to Karin is called "Scarlet" by BRACE;d, and I think there are definitely some similarities between the two, musically speaking.

(As an aside, I cannot believe that I'm posting about Pop Team Epic, which I still haven't checked out, when I'd much rather wax rhapsodic about all the music in Darling in the Franxx!) ;)

YES! That's totally it. It actually dawned on me when I checked to remind myself how the OP sounded. Too funny.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694