377) Twin Engine Bringing The Hype!

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

377) Twin Engine Bringing The Hype!

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 am

It has been an absolutely insane month of news! Join the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast as they try to break down the biggest news and give their opinions on them.

Topics this episode: Kunihiko Ikuhara project, Symphogear Season 5, Polygon Pictures and Tsutomu Nihei partnership, Psycho-Pass movies, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Movie, Reincarnated as Slime, HiDive exits Beta, Strike the Blood 3rd OVA, Seishun Buta Yarou, MAL Manga, Kemono Friends countdown, Studio 3Hz’s Blackfox, Boogiepop Phantom new adaptation, Dagashi Kashi manga ends, Kizuna Ai joins Magical Girl Site, GoHands’s W’z, Mob Psycho 100 season 2, AnimEigo Kickstarts Gunsmith Cats, Girls Und Panzer game, Mappa’s Dororo, Geno Studio’s Ranjou Miyake’s Pet, Wit Studio’s Vinland Saga, Studio VOLN’s Karakuri Circus, Re:Zero’s OVA, FLCL News, Happy Sugar Life adaptation, Hisone to Misotan trailer, PA Works’s Sirius The Jaeger, PA Works’s Iroduku Sekai no Ashita Kara, Violet Evergarden comes to US, Hi Score Girl adaptation, Natsume’s Book of Friends Movie, Steins Gate Elite, Bungou Stray Dogs Dead Apple screenings, and much more!

Thanks to Chihirolee3 (Chi-chan) and fragoff for the great questions featured on this episode.

The intro music for this episode is the OP for Boogiepop Phantom called “Yuudachi” by Shikao Suga. The outro for this episode is the ED2 for Re:Zero called “Stay Alive” by Rie Takahashi.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/03/animecas ... -the-hype/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Re: 377) Twin Engine Bringing The Hype!

Postby Mr Tib » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:31 pm

Very time I hear Andrew talk about fate/go it makes me think I'm playing the game wrong. Then I hear Chris and it reminds me I'm playing normally and Andrew just works harder than I do.

I'm excited for Hidives Dubcast but I'm also a little hesitant because Sentai is always constant on there dub quality and adding a rush to it might not help.

As for the workload, I'm no expert on the matter but of what little knowledge I do have, I would guess the dub actors like it more because they are getting more work and could possibly make it a full time job but the ADR crew and script writers are probably overworked especially if they voice act as well.

Now I don't know if this is good or bad news but Netflix for devilman crybaby, B the beginning, and all there licensed shows they used Bang Zoom for Dubs but for A.I.C.O. they made there own Dub studio and hired all new actors. Nobody there has worked on a dub before and it shows. . . it's not good(thankfully the Japanese is great). Now I know that funimation and bang zooms first dubs probably weren't good but it took them a long time to get to the point where all dubs are passable at the least and Sentai hasn't even gotten there yet and that's just one of my problems with Netflix.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:24 am

More Psycho-Pass movies? Yes, please. That world offers virtually limitless possibilities. So we can look forward to a release... in 2020 or so :P.

I must've misheard you guys saying that Violet Evergarden would have 2 cours. It's only 14 episodes, which means I can watch it soon without worrying about the back half of the season missing. I also just checked ANN and saw that they're already planning the next piece of the franchise.

I had kind of forgotten about the ReLIFE OVAs for a while, but was reminded when I read about them the other day. Awesomesauce - except for the waiting game I'll have to play until they get localized. Fortunately, there's barely any doubt that a dub will be produced (Several voice actors from the ReLIFE project have expressed their desire to work on the continuation).

I'd say a change in anime watching tastes is only natural if you stick with the medium for a long time. I had a lot of fun with DragonBall as a kid, yet nowadays I hardly touch any action-heavy shows. I used to love extremely ecchi series à la Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox and Ah! My Buddha as a teenager, whereas nowadays... OK, I can still dig an ecchi harem every now and then, but I've become much more selective ;). On the flipside, I never would've guessed that I would one day relish the experience of watching sappy (in some cases) melodramatic romances. Good thing the anime industry has us covered on most fronts.

Great mention on Gamers! as a series that isn't for everyone. That show will probably make your brain boil over if romantic comedies don't click with you :D.

Final note: I'm totally with Chris on the hating-the-heat battlefront. I'd prefer a temperature of 0 degrees Celsius over 30 any day, and 10 degrees are decisively more comfortable for me than 25 (sorry, too lazy to convert to Fahrenheit :P).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:22 am

Fahren..wut?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Chihirolee3
I Like Anime

Postby Chihirolee3 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:53 pm

As far as hating the heat, I am there. When people ask about that I prefer more, I say that you can be naked in 100 F and still be hot, but in the cold you can layer as needed.

I found my name flubs funny. I figured everyone has seen Spirited Away with the main character being Chihiro (chi like chobits, and Hiro (hero)) and Lee (because Rock Lee)....but Chi-chan is cute and fine by me.
::happy::

I have seen Gamers and although I enjoyed it at first, it did get aggravating as the series went on. I do have a tolerance for misunderstandings, as teenagers are teenagers and I remember being one quite well. But the levels it went to in this anime was ridiculous. I did finish it, expecting SOME epiphany between the characters, but nope. Other than Chiaki and Keita realizing they've been playing a mobile game together, it got way over the top crazy. It's one thing if a couple can't communicate, as it's common IRL even with married people, but a Group of people is inconceivable and unrealistic.
With that said, Gamers took misunderstandings to such a farcical level that I wanted to see it straightened out. And maybe that was part of what it was doing. It's like Mayoiga in that regards but opposite. Mayoiga turned a supposed horror into a comedic ride for me, and it's over the top ridiculousness became a comedy. That too is not an anime for everyone and most people seemed to not get that fact. Gamers did the same, and although I got where it was going (even the anime title seems to have a meaning towards this), I ended up enjoying the ride, like my first time on a roller coaster, terrified yet joyful (in Gamers' case, increasingly aggravated yet wanted more). It's an extreme sitcom. A true love/hate anime for me. I can appreciate it but I loathe it at the same time.

Psycho pass getting more movies? I don't know about this as I feel the story had concluded and I want nothing to do with Season 2. I will see where this goes as more info comes out....

Re:Life continuing? YES please.

Steins gate game: Ironic how I recently ordered the visual novel for PC. At first I was angry at myself when listening, but then I was glad as I do not like digital copies of anything. I thought it's about time I play a visual novel, and seeing as a new Steins Gate anime is coming, now's a good time to level up my Otaku-ness.

That slime story. I am having such gutter mind thoughts thinking of Monster Musame meets Isakai...
::dread::
Dat deer, it calls to me....

In fire is iron born; by fire it is tamed.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:12 am

Chihirolee3 wrote:I don't know about this as I feel the story had concluded and I want nothing to do with Season 2.
Not that it's likely to sway your opinion, but I enjoyed the 2nd season just as much as the 1st (minority opinion, I know). And while the movie didn't particularly impress me, I see it as a nice little side story. To me, just because an anime season might end on a satisfyingly conclusive note doesn't mean it can't be enhanced by a continuation. But to each their own :).

Chihirolee3 wrote:That slime story. I am having such gutter mind thoughts thinking of Monster Musame meets Isakai...
::dread::
Heh, you're not entirely alone... Some of those scenes in Monster Musume are hard to forget :-|. Still, on the topic of "mind in the gutter," this came to mind. Takes that concept to a whole new level, doesn't it :D?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:06 pm

I filled my support pretty well during pre America rate ups and got Rama during America. Mebd nuked my quartz and trying to get cu zerker with a ticket I pulled Robin. Saving my remaining tickets and quartz and my next bi weekly iTunes card budget if I don’t get jalter on my first try. I have posted many hints on fate grand order tread follow them for next 2 events

MyBalls
I Love Anime

Postby MyBalls » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Just got to see the trailer for Happy Sugar Life... oh maaan... can´t wait for it.

I get a really strong "Mirai Nikki - Future Diary" vibe from the trailer.

Lets see if the Yandere queen gets dethroned

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Mr Tib wrote: ::peace::

I know when Funimation started doing simuldubs, they mentioned the idea that cast members were able to just stay there and have a full day work. But that never did seem to work for me as, being a podcaster, I know full well what a 8 hour recording can do to your throat. And we don't do shouting or odd things with our voices/pitches (except for monkey voice). That's my only real concern.

Sad to hear about AICO dub, I ended up enjoying that show and would want it to have gotten a proper dub. Though, that's the case for really anything. But Netflix in general as it's a great gateway service to anime.

BlueSpark wrote: ::peace::

I think all we mentioned was that a cover for a Violet Evergarden release teased a new announcement. It "could" be more anime. More likely a compilation film since Kyoto Animation does that.

Hopefully after we get caught up on Spring (we just finished binging Full Metal Panic and Violet Evergarden) we will check the ReLife OVAs ..

That's really the great thing that has always been my draw to anime- originally and even now. As it covers multiple genres and audiences, it can stick with you a lifetime if you let it.

Chihirolee3 wrote: ::peace::

You can blame me for forgetting the breakdown of your name. My brain was too busy trying to figure out how it would flow. It's been too long since I've seen Spirited Away.. hah.

Anyhow, I'm with you. It's much cheaper to get warm than cold. Layers Layers Layers! Being from the south, summer means humidity and racing from one AC unit to the next. Being wetter after you dry from shower than when you were in the shower. It's terrible.

Haha, you're exactly right. That's exactly what Gamers was doing imo. In our review of it, I said it's "Misunderstandings the Animation". Definitely not a romance, definitely a frustrating mess of characters that could have solve everything in episode 1! But then we wouldn't have a show (hah).

MyBalls wrote:Just got to see the trailer for Happy Sugar Life... oh maaan... can´t wait for it.

I get a really strong "Mirai Nikki - Future Diary" vibe from the trailer.

Lets see if the Yandere queen gets dethroned

Here's to hoping we can reference someone else going forward lol..
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694