379) Winter 2018 Anime Season Review Part 2

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

379) Winter 2018 Anime Season Review Part 2

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:56 am

The hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are back for their second batch of Winter 2018 anime reviews. Jumping into campers, undead kings, romantic co-workers, honey badgers, moe kaiju, and more!

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: After The Rain, Junji Ito Collection, The Ancient Magus’ Bride, GARO Vanishing Line, Laid-Back Camp, Killing Bites, Overlord II, and Kaijuu Girls 2nd Season.

The opening song for this episode is the OP for Overlord II called “GO CRY GO” by OxT. The closing song for this episode is the ED for After the Rain called “Ref:rain” by Aimer.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/04/animecas ... ew-part-2/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 379) Winter 2018 Anime Season Review Part 2

Postby Mys145 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:07 pm

I have a nitpick that I need to say. Even though the place that Tachibana works at in After the Rain has Cafe in the name, it's not a cafe at all but a family restaurant. They are two different types of places in my mind. Cafes are small quaint places that primary serve beverages and snacks while family restaurants are full service places where you can get lunch and dinner at. If someone who didn't watch After the Rain was listening to this, they would get the wrong idea with the constant mention of cafe not family restaurant.

The only thing that was missing from Garo Vanishing Line was Gina's backstory but beyond that, it was a good series that erased the bad taste of the previous Garo anime. They definitely setup things for a possible movie which I think will happen given that both the first and second series has movies (the second one hasn't come out yet in Japan). Also one thing about Luke in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
Ever since they revealed that Luke was training to be a Makai Knight as a kid, I was hoping that he would be one at some point which they revealed at the very end except I wanted it much sooner than that. I should mention that someone being both a Knight and a Priest (I'm not using the term that Funimation and Crunchyroll uses since it's wrong) is very rare. There was only one other character before Luke that was both a Knight and a Priest in the entire series. The possible movie should allow me to enjoy Luke being both a Knight and a Priest.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 am

It seems After the Rain is another one I'll have to pray to the dub gods for. It's the only show out of this bunch that really grabbed my interest. Well, I still have a backlog of series to consume, so I'll focus on that for now.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 am

overlord 3 will be a pretty fast turn around being this summer