382) Music of Spring 2018 Anime

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

382) Music of Spring 2018 Anime

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:58 am

Get your musical fix in this Spring 2018 Anime Season Music Episode from the Otaku Spirit Animecast hosts. The best and most entertaining picks sent directly to your ears!

Included great tracks from the likes of Sawano Hiroyuki, MAN WITH A MISSION, Eir Aoi, UVERworld, Lyn, Kanako Itou, OLDCODEX, and so much more!

NOTE: For High Quality purposes for music, this podcast was exported via HQ setting, thus slightly larger in size than standard podcasts. Roughly 92.7MB. Keep that in mind for bandwidth limits please.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/04/animecas ... 018-anime/

Songs spotlight in this episode:
    “Crosswalk” by Minori Suzuki – Amanchu Advance OP
    “Black Rover” by Vickeblanka – Black Clover OP (iTunes)
    “Black to the Dreamlight” by EMPiRE – Black Clover ED (iTunes)
    “Binary Star” by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Uru – Legend of the Galactic Heroes OP
    “WISH” by ELISA – Legend of the Galactic Heroes ED
    “Bite” by LEO Imai – MegaloBox OP (iTunes)
    “Kakatte Koi yo” by NakamuraEmi – MegaloBox ED (iTunes)
    “Growth Arrow” by OLDCODEX – Butlers X Battlers OP (iTunes)
    “Fatima” by Kanako Itou – Steins Gate 0 OP
    “Winding Road” by MAN WITH A MISSION – Golden Kamuy OP (iTunes)
    “Hibana” by THE SIXTH LIE – Golden Kamuy ED
    “Ryuusei” by Eir Aoi – Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online OP
    “To See The Future” by Tomori Kusunoki – Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online ED
    “Otomodachi Film” by Masayoshi Ooishi – Tada Never Falls In Love OP
    “ODD FUTURE” by UVERworld – My Hero Academia 3 OP
    “Fiction” by Sumika – Wotaku OP
    “Kimi no Tonari” by halca – Wotaku ED
    “Yokubari Dreamer” by Haru x Choco – Last Period OP
    “Wiseman” by Wiseman Team – Last Period ED
    “Souten no Hate ni” by AK-69 – Fist of the Blue Sky ReGenesis OP
    “BREAK IN BREAK OUT” by Lyn – Persona 5 OP
    “Ai ga Nakucha Tatakaenai” by AOP – Cutie Honey Universe OP
    “Hungry Wolf” by Anzu (Rie Murakawa) – Hinamatsuri Insert Song
    “Kagami no Naka Kara” by Maneki Kecak – GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018) ED (iTunes)
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 382) Music of Spring 2018 Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 pm

I see there was no love for the Caligula OP but beyond that it's a good selection of songs.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue May 01, 2018 3:19 am

Huh - didn't realize that ELISA had worked on the EDs of Railgun. I should know her voice well enough since the sang "Euphoric Field" and "Ebullient Future". But then again, I've never been too interested in the Railgun EDs (Dem Fripside OPs are dope, though).

I've added Hinamatsuri to my to-watch list after reading an article about it on ANN. However, that insert song... Ugh... It grates my ears. I hope that gets dubbed over :P.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Midnight Crooh
I Like Anime

Postby Midnight Crooh » Tue May 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Some nice picks for this season's music list. While I haven't really come across and OP or ED that really sands out to me from this spring season I do ha ve some thoughts on a few of them.
I'm pretty surprised Man with a Mission did the OP for Golden Kamuy (pronounced "kah-mui" rather than "Kah-miu" or "Kah-miui".). Wouldn't really think their gruff metal style would fit a show about adventures in meiji Japan, but it totally works.
Sword Art Online's new OP really reminds me of something out of a Touhou game, at least in terms of the instrumentals. As a fan of the Touhou games I'm totally fine with this.
I agree with Andrew regarding My Hero Academia's new OP. It's a fine song but doesn't click with the visuals. I've heard other people say the same, so I guess it's not just something we're imagining.

Lastly I would've liked to hear you mention the ED for Hisone to Maso-tan, which is a catchy japanese remake of a 60's french pop song. I'm not sure if the show is on Netflix and that's why you skipped it, but I definitely think the ED deserves a mention at some later point.

-Crooh

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sat May 12, 2018 10:42 am

Mys145 wrote:I see there was no love for the Caligula OP but beyond that it's a good selection of songs.

Chris did enjoy it, I felt it was too synthesized for this episode (even though I put a goofy insert song in lol). We may see it in another episode.

BlueSpark wrote:Huh - didn't realize that ELISA had worked on the EDs of Railgun. I should know her voice well enough since the sang "Euphoric Field" and "Ebullient Future". But then again, I've never been too interested in the Railgun EDs (Dem Fripside OPs are dope, though).

I've added Hinamatsuri to my to-watch list after reading an article about it on ANN. However, that insert song... Ugh... It grates my ears. I hope that gets dubbed over :P.

Haha, she's an up and coming star, don't hate on her :P

I am curious what American rhyme they will replace it with.. or if they will do a straight translation.

Midnight Crooh wrote:I agree with Andrew regarding My Hero Academia's new OP. It's a fine song but doesn't click with the visuals. I've heard other people say the same, so I guess it's not just something we're imagining.

Lastly I would've liked to hear you mention the ED for Hisone to Maso-tan, which is a catchy japanese remake of a 60's french pop song. I'm not sure if the show is on Netflix and that's why you skipped it, but I definitely think the ED deserves a mention at some later point.

-Crooh

Yay, I'm not alone!

Hisone to Maso-tan was not mentioned as it's not legally available. We don't typically include them. It will probably make an appearance during it's review episode. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694