392) Summer 2018 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

392) Summer 2018 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:51 am

The temperature is climbing and summer is upon us. Join the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast as they take a look at the upcoming Summer 2018 Anime Season and give their take on what to keep an eye out for!

Anime Discussed In This Preview: Angel of Massacre, Grand Blue Dreaming, Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, How Not To Summon A Demon Lord, BANANA FISH, Island, Chio’s School Road, Back Street Girls, Happy Sugar Life, High Score Girl, Harukana Receive, Hataraku Saibou, Tenrou: Sirius The Jaeger, Seven Senses of the Re’Union, Hanebado, Drop Kick on my Devil, Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou, Asobi Asobase, The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar, Angolmois Genkou Kassenki, Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo, Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight, Phantom in the Twilight, Muhyo and Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation, Ongaku Shoujo, Planet With, Tsukumogami Kashimasu, Senjuushi, Tensai Ningyou, Aguu: Tensai Ningyou, Attack on Titan 3, Overlord 3, FLCL Alternative, Free Dive To The Future, Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa, Gintama, Lord of Vermillion, Yume Oukoku to Nemureru, One Room 2, Encouragement of Climb 3, Cinderella Girls Gekijou 3, Bang Dream Girls Band Party Pico, Yamishibai 6, Joshi Ochi, Continuing Series, and some random ONA/Movie/OVAs!

The intro for this episode is from the PV for Aguu: Tensai Ningyou. The outro for this episode is from the PV for How Not To Summon A Demon Lord.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/07/animecas ... n-preview/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime

Re: 392) Summer 2018 Anime Season Preview

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 pm

So I listened to the first few minutes on the new episodes, I'm excited to listen to eventually hear more zed when I catch up to it.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight is already a thing and will be appearing in concert at Animelo next month.

Piano no Mori will be a split cour with the second half airing in January 2019. Netflix has mentioned that the first half will be sometime in the fall but who knows that will be. Speaking of Netflix, there's a second season of Sword Gai coming out on July 30.

We may not get the extra episode of Violet Evergarden but the movie for it will have a January 2020 worldwide release. I think that might be implied it will be a Netflix movie.

I said this in the Spring First Impressions thread and clearly it wasn't read but GeGeGe no Kitarō isn't ending anytime soon. They already aired episode 14 with a new ED sequence. It won't be over until April 2019 at the earliest.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Mys145 wrote:Shoujo Speaking of Netflix, there's a second season of Sword Gai coming out on July 30.

Good. I am curious to see where this will be going. The end really looked like a manga/game bait.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

FrodoBaggypants
I Like Anime

Postby FrodoBaggypants » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Can we discuss how this weeks ending song was basically just keyed down halo theme?

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 pm

for isekai maou or how to not summon a demon lord the manga is lisenced by seven seas and the novel is by j novel club up to volume 4. also the only shows netflix got were backstreat and baki with baki get simu release and backstreat using the worst fansubs ever