394) High School DxD, New, and BorN

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

394) High School DxD, New, and BorN

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:24 am

With High School DxD’s return in the Spring 2018 anime season, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast took the time to refresh and watch the original 3 seasons through and are here to give their review on them.

This is a spoiler free review of High School DxD, New, and BorN. Keep in mind this is a ecchi type show and thus this review may contain adult content discussion.

The opening for this episode is the OP2 of High School DxD New called “Gekijouron” by ZAQ. The closing for this episode is the ED2 for High School DxD New called “Lovely heart Devil” by Occult Kenkyuubu Girls.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/07/animecas ... -and-born/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: 394) High School DxD, New, and BorN

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:02 am

Holy crap, Andrew actually watched this. This from the guy who said, and I quote "If I see a boob on screen, I immediately drop it."

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 am

I'm totally with you in that the chess-figure premise and many of the story elements weren't nearly fleshed out enough. Luckily for me, I don't care about these aspects in harem shows (barring some rare exceptions).

The ecchi portions were pretty darn good in my mind, although you're right - it's weird how Issei always seems to wuss out when things get steamy, which doesn't seem to match his overall mindset at all.

By the way, can we agree that Koneko casually sitting in Issei's lap after finally warming up to him is too gao adorable for this world?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:58 pm

The 2nd part of episode 9 of born on are filler and you need to skip to be ready for hero

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Altough DxD has its merits, i still think To love ru is a better show overall. But don't take my word for it. I might be highly unpartial on the subject.
And i really do not know why, but this show gives me the feeling of watching hitman reborn. Beside the echii, i get the same kind of vibe from it.
Is it bad, doctor?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato