66) Claymore

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

66) Claymore

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 pm

You asked for it, and we answered. It’s finally time to dive into the dark fantasy world of Claymore! In this episode of the Animecast we give a full review of the series and even have a spoiler discussion following the outro music!

Special thanks to our community for requesting this review!

The intro for this episode is the OP for Claymore called “Raisen D’etre” by Nightmare. The outro for this episode is the ED for Claymore called “Danzai no Hana ~Guilty Sky~” by Riyu Kosaka.

We hope you all enjoy!

http://otakuspirit.com/2014/11/animecast-claymore/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 66) Claymore

Postby Mys145 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:01 am

There were only three Creatures of the Abyss. The East section was where the Organization was the strongest.

I highly suggest that you guys read the manga from volume 11 on since that's where the anime and manga diverge. The last four episodes of the anime were altered to give it an ending since at the time, the manga has begun a new storyline and was easier to stop the anime at that point. Also the manga just ended last month and will answer some of the questions you wonder in the podcast.

I will mention this though. The author could have easily continue the manga for another 10+ years but decided to end it. That's saying something where you had companies asking authors to continue their series regardless if they wanted to end it or not (ie Sailor Moon).

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:26 am

We are definitely interested in the manga at this point. I've seen stuff on Wikipedia that they never touched on, like how "someone" met Isley. Thanks for the suggestion.

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Cut this from posting on the front page since there are no spoiler tags there.

Big Manga Spoiler:
Spoiler:
When Clare awakens later in the Manga she turns into Teresa. Was just awsome when this occurred. So glad to see her make a return back to story because just everything about her character I enjoyed and could not get enough of. Rocky becomes a skilled fighter and they do not meet until he is closer to the age of like 20. There is also a set of twin claymores that one can become awaken while the other has the ability to revert the other twin back from awakening. There are so much more but do not want to divulge to much of the story if you plan on reading later.

Lenzark
Anime Junky

Postby Lenzark » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:08 pm

I never saw this series. Should I marathon it or read mangas?

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Anime has 24 episodes
Manga has 150+ chapters
Give the anime a shot, once you become familiar with the world if you wish to see more of the world jump into the manga.

Both are worth your time, seeing as it is free to stream off Funimation all you have to do is set aside the time.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Neowned, you may want to describe your spoiler since one part of it is at the very end of the manga. People may not want to click on it if it reveals something from the very end of the manga.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah, me and Chris thought the same thing... ouch... I edited it.

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:34 am

Sorry about the Spoiler tag not having any description before, I was caught up in the moment, and with a lack of time, wanted to share some of the events that transpired in the Manga and totally forgot to add some pretext to. I just was so thrilled that the series was shown a little love that I went an screwed up, my bad.

I personally blame this on Chris and Andrew for awakening my Claymore fandom. :twisted:

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 am

your welcome neowned. thats the whole point. ;-)