404) Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

404) Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer

Postby Andrew » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:23 pm

The hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are back in the universe of Gundam 00 for the sequel movie, A Wakening of the Trailblazer. Download and listen in on their take on what this movie brings to the story.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer Blu-ray was provided to us for review by Right Stuf and Sunrise.

The opening for this episode is the OP2 for Mobile Suit Gundam 00 called “Ash Like Snow” by the brilliant green. The closing for this episode is the ED2 for Mobile Suit Gundam 00 called “Friends” by Stephanie.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/09/animecas ... ailblazer/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: 404) Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Am I the only one that finds the fact that Andrew continuosly refuses to acknowledge SEED existence hilarious?

I enjoy this movie in a very blockbuster kind of way, a bunch of awesome robots causing awesome 'splosions.
I also super enjoyed Gundam designs. Qan[T], Zabanya and Harute are some of my all time favourites.
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:10 am

Good things about the movie:
-I like the charecters. It's the old crew that I loved from the serires and more with some charecters going all out on their unique quirks.
-I love the mecha designs. 00 had some of the sleekest and coolest designs of the of all the gundam series I've seen thus far.

What I didn't like about the movie was the premise of the whle thing itself. One of the things I loved about 00 was that it was a very grounded show. There weren't space colonies, the weren't Zeons, there was a more grounded and realistic cast, world, and reactions to situation despite the fact that yeah, you do still have these super high tech Gundam. But with the movie, that whole groundedness is thrown out the window all together and became way more than what it originally tried to do. I feel that the movie was just a way to cash in more form the series but ran out of ideas with the rules they had set up so threw them away for easy money but that's just me. The show looked great, it sounded great and I loved the characters, I just didn't care so much for the plot just due to what it was attached to. I wouldn't have minded if it had been it's own series but the fact that it was tied to 00 was a killer for me.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:59 am

If you'll allow me an off-topic, comical remark on this podcast episode: You could've put an "error 404" joke in here somewhere ;).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 am

Another gundam podcast. :facepalm
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:32 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Good things about the movie:
-I like the charecters. It's the old crew that I loved from the serires and more with some charecters going all out on their unique quirks.
-I love the mecha designs. 00 had some of the sleekest and coolest designs of the of all the gundam series I've seen thus far.

What I didn't like about the movie was the premise of the whle thing itself. One of the things I loved about 00 was that it was a very grounded show. There weren't space colonies, the weren't Zeons, there was a more grounded and realistic cast, world, and reactions to situation despite the fact that yeah, you do still have these super high tech Gundam. But with the movie, that whole groundedness is thrown out the window all together and became way more than what it originally tried to do. I feel that the movie was just a way to cash in more form the series but ran out of ideas with the rules they had set up so threw them away for easy money but that's just me. The show looked great, it sounded great and I loved the characters, I just didn't care so much for the plot just due to what it was attached to. I wouldn't have minded if it had been it's own series but the fact that it was tied to 00 was a killer for me.

Out of every Gundam series, this was the only one that actually have aliens (not including Build Fighters series). It's really a bit weird that there wasn't anything about aliens in previous Gundam series and so human-centric. So in a way, having aliens makes it a bit more real because aliens are a real possibility and not having a single mention of that possibility is really odd.

According to a side story, Mehna Carmine's DNA was used in the creation of Nena Trinity. That's why she was similar to Nena.