406) Fall 2018 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

406) Fall 2018 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:49 am

It’s time to put up the swimsuits and beach episodes as the summer anime season comes to a close. Join the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast as they take a look forward to the coming Fall 2018 season and give their take on the offering.

Anime Discussed In This Preview: Goblin Slayer, That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, Bloom Into You, SSSS GRIDMAN, So Many Colors In The Future, Bunny Girl Senpai, Boarding School Juliet, The One I Love Is My Little Sister, Radiant, Ulysses Jeanne d’Arc, Tsurune, Release The Spyce, RErideD, Ingress, Double Decker Doug and Kirill, Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru, Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san, CONCEPTION, Hinomaru-Zumou, Sora to Umi no Aida, As Miss Beelzebub Likes, Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san, Karakuri Circus, Anima Yell, Run with the Wind, Dakaretai Otoko, Gakuen Basara, Hangyaku-sei Million Arthur, Girls Glowing Red, Merc Storia, Zombieland Saga, Bakumatsu, Kitsune No Koe, Himote House, Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu 2, Non-Human Creature Wife, Idolmaster Side M Wake Atte Mini, Sword Art Online Alicization, Fairy Tail 2018, Toaru Majutsu no Index 2, Tokyo Ghoul Re2, Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken, Golden Kamuy 2, Gyakuten Saiban 2, Senran Kagura Shinovi Master Tokyo Youma-hen, Souten no Ken Regenesis 2, Thunderbolt Fantasy 2, Gurazeni 2, Zoku Owarimonogatari, Continuing Series, and some random ONA/Movie/OVAs!

The intro for this episode is from the PV for Thunderbolt Fantasy 2. The outro for this episode is from the PV for Release the Spyce.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/09/animecas ... n-preview/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 406) Fall 2018 Anime Season Preview

Postby Mys145 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:37 am

The thing about SSSS.Gridman that you didn't mention was the original source which was a live-action tokusatsu show. Anyone under the age of 30 wouldn't know this but footage of the original Gridman was used in a show called Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

I wouldn't go blaming your problems with Akane ga Kill anime with the writer since the managka was involved as scenario supervisor along with the manga not being close to finish at the time of the anime. I'm saying you shouldn't blame everything on the writer on an adaptation where it might be the original material and dealing with the creator at the same time. So maybe Radiant will be like Yuki Yuna instead of Akane ga Kill.

The funny thing about Fairy Tail is that it isn't over. The main series is finished but there's currently a sequel spin-off that's going on but it will be awhile before that one is done.

Chris, the female JoJo aka Jolyne is after this upcoming season of JoJo. Also Giorno Giovanna does fit into the JoJo nickname due to how Gi sounds like Jo in Italian.

Ace Attorney Season 2 will cover the third game which is the best game overall in terms of story.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:55 am

The shows I'm looking forward to are of course To Aru Majutsu no Index, SAO, Golden Kamuy, Zoku Owarimonogatari, and Thunderbolt Fantasy. I'm holding off all judgment for new shows since I like to go into shows blind and let them surprised me. I don't want to either go in with high expectations or with any negative prejudices since that might affect my enjoyment of the shows before I even get to them.

I'm honestly not surprised that Ingress got an anime. A lot of mobile games have already gotten anime, but Ingress is the only one out of all of them outside of FGO that actually has a very deep story to it. I've dabbled quite a bit into the game long before Pokemon Go ever came out and I know only a small bit about it and what I do know is already quite deep so that is one anime that I will definitely keep an eye for when it comes out.

You do realize that I will hold you to that promise of finishing up Gurren Lagann right? I will come back to it every 3 months just to check until you do.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Oh boy, another season, and another shot at trigger blowing a concept. Man I love them, but i just dont know why. Maybe its the gainax fanboy in me, or maybe its because i want to believe in the dream but, as always, ill be watching the trigger show. BRING ON SSSS. GRIDMAN.
As for other series, I doubt I'll be watching much else. Kyoani and P.A arent selling points to me, in fact, they're detriments.
I know, I know, I'm crazy blah blah blah, but i dont find them particularly engaging, original, interesting, or well done. Yes kyoani does good animation, but it doesnt matter if i think most of their stories are snooze fests.

Ill give Goblin slayer a go, because I love the ln. Whitefox scares the hell outta me, I dont really like any of their work outside of katanagatari, and I attribute that more to NisiOisiN than I do Whitefox because narratively its masterful, as for the animation I find it boring. Honestly I wish that Katanagatari was also a SHAFT work just because a lot of those clever word puns are lost unless you understand the language or its thrust in your face. Well that and I want SHAFT to do basically everything I'm interested in.

On top of that Ill probably finally continue with season 2 of Cupids Chocolate. Its a Chinese "anime" with a refreshing take on the harem tropes. Fun fact, I'm actually a fan of campy harems.
See I dont hate everything. Watching a different take on the "Genre" ,if you could even call it that, was a breath of fresh air.