408) Manga DeLorean, Not Permitted

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

408) Manga DeLorean, Not Permitted

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:33 am

Jumping into some last minute news before the season comes to a close, join the hosts as they tackle some of the biggest things to hit the headlines and discuss some fun questions from the community.

Topics this episode: Yuki Aoyama, Mink, Phantom Trigger, Nozomi Emma Kickstarter, Crunchyroll Super Fan Pack, Seven Seas Digital, Nyaruko, Spirit of the Sun, Kouya no Kotobuki, AniCast Lab, Godzilla 3, Quintessential Quintuplets, Monster Musume, Azur Lane, Code Geass, YuGiOh in Jump Force, Playstation Classic, Resonance of Fate, Conception, PS Vita, Tatsuya Nomura on Kingdom Heart 3, Sword Art Online, Planetarian, Kemono Friends, Crunchyroll, Nobuo Uematsu, Back to the Future, Is the Order A Rabbit, Maximum The Hormone, Romantic Comedy Snafu, Mardock Scramble, Fate Apocrypha, Zoku Owarimonogatari, Violet Evergarden, Crest and Banner of the Stars, Licenses, and much more!

Thanks to Plyr1471, SethAmaha, and Mythbustman for the great questions featured on this episode.

The intro for this episode is the OP1 for Hanasaku Iroha called “Hana no Iro” by nano.RIPE. The outro for this episode is the OP for Non Non Biyori called “Nanairo Biyori” by nano.RIPE.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/09/animecas ... permitted/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: 408) Manga DeLorean, Not Permitted

Postby fragoff » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

No talk about made in abyss and date a live?

(Placeolder because i have yet to listen to the podcast. This question is only based on description and might be erased)
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:43 pm

fragoff wrote:No talk about made in abyss and date a live?

(Placeolder because i have yet to listen to the podcast. This question is only based on description and might be erased)

Pretty sure we already talked about those but no they are not specifically mentioned in this cast I don’t think. Sorry

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 am

Hey, I watched Music Girls too. I watch almost everything and drop barely anything at all.

You guys want to join my Crunchyroll Rant Group? I have a lot of beef I have been feasting on for a while with them

I love Maximum the hormone.
Fun Fact: [F], which was the featured song for the Return of F movie, was originally made without the consent of Toriyama back in 2013. Toriyama later admitted to loving the song and gave his blessing. Some speculate that the song itself may have actually inspired the creation of the movie.

I don't how my brain made this but it did: Hearing all the tragic news, I got a mental image of Miyazaki, in the need for new energy for his new movie, went down to a huge underground shrine, made a blood pact with the devil, and went full Highlander, floated into the air with lighting coming from him while screaming "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" (in japanese of course) and began sucking the life energy of artist across the country, making them all drop like flies while he goes back to work with more energy than what would be expected of a grouchy 77 year old chain smoker.

Again, you should feel lucky I decided to stop with the questions. I have a lot more ideas for new situations but decided to let other have a go at the questions

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:31 am

Come on Andrew. Cthulhu... Nyaruko is nyarlathotep. Please ignore my incessant reeing, but as is tradition Andrew talks about things I like a whole lot. Lovecraft is a favorite of mine.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Lost Song is coming out on September 30. I said this back in the 403 Animecast thread. I know you read my post since you replied back to it, Andrew.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 30/.130388

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:16 am

I know about you guys' gripes with kickstarter projects like this, but I really like the signal they're sending. Now, if only they'd kickstart a dub of an anime I was really looking forward to... I mean, Emma may end up being a nice show, but I've never heard anything about it, so it's kind of tough to justify investing money blindly. On the flipside, there are many titles I'd gladly throw my cash at: The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, True Tears, Golden Time, Amagami SS, Blue Spring Ride, White Album 2... If anything, I kind of hope these current campaigns succeed just so there'll be better chances of reviving older series for a localization.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:57 am

BlueSpark wrote:I know about you guys' gripes with kickstarter projects like this, but I really like the signal they're sending. Now, if only they'd kickstart a dub of an anime I was really looking forward to... I mean, Emma may end up being a nice show, but I've never heard anything about it, so it's kind of tough to justify investing money blindly. On the flipside, there are many titles I'd gladly throw my cash at: The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, True Tears, Golden Time, Amagami SS, Blue Spring Ride, White Album 2... If anything, I kind of hope these current campaigns succeed just so there'll be better chances of reviving older series for a localization.

You have never been able to watch golden time??? Wth are you waiting to go subs on that one, my incorrigeable friend???!!!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:57 am

fragoff wrote:You have never been able to watch golden time??? Wth are you waiting to go subs on that one, my incorrigeable friend???!!!
What can I say, I'm a hardliner like that. You wouldn't believe the willpower it takes, sometimes...

But if anohana has taught me anything, it's that when a dub does eventually come out, the wait was worth it. I mean, I sort of had a decent time watching that show in Japanese, but getting to see the localization(s, both German and English) was so much better.

The 1st time watching an anime is always the most impactful one, so I'd rather try to get the best experience possible out of it. I'd probably be pissed at myself for eternity if I'd first watched Your Name in Japanese.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!