410) Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

410) Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Jumping into the Advanced Generation of the Gundam universe, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast tackle Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. Being one of the most questioned Gundam titles, the hosts give their take on if there’s still merit to this title.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE and Memory of Eden Blu-ray was provided to us for review by Right Stuf and Sunrise.

The opening for this episode is the OP4 for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE called “AURORA” by Aoi Eir. The closing for this episode is the ED2 for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE called “My World” by SPYAIR.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/10/animecas ... undam-age/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: 410) Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Postby fragoff » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Too much gundam, not enought kill la kill reviews....
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:57 am

fragoff wrote:Too much gundam, not enough kill la kill reviews....

Ditto. You know what the worst part is? This week marks the 5 year anniversary of the release of Kill la Kill and instead of celebrating it by finally releasing the review, they continued to withhold it for probably another year just o make us mad

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 am

Honestly, Next to G Reco, this was the weakest of all the Gundam I have seen. If G Reco was stupidly over complicated and boring, this show was far too simplistic and aimed to a far younger demographic than most other Gundam. While it was pretty entertaining, I actually finished this one after all, it wasn't all that stoundout-ish. I also didn't really care much for the mecha itself since it was practically the definition of a deus ex machina and was able to change and repair any damage at will.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 pm

I personally have a lot of misgivings with Gundam age, as I spoke to Chris about, but I guess I can more cleanly sum them up here.

Gundams main strength is the politics. The fact that usually neither side is evil and this is just a fight between people for rights or power, resources ect. Age severely lacked any of that and came off as "kiddy" to me. The characters seemed to be nearly entirely expies from other Gundam series, and worst of all weren't built up to sympathise with. I can without hesitation say that age is the worst Gundam I've ever seen and I've seen seed destiny, igloo, and 00.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am

Andrew, you were so close with the Pokemon similarity of the character designs but it's the wrong monster collecting series. It's actually Youkai Watch since Factor 5 did the designs for Gundam Age which is unique for a Gundam series.

You guys still have G Gundam to watch as well. It sounds like that you don't want to watch G Gundam since you keep forgetting about it when talking about Gundam series to watch.