424) Rating My Senpai

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

424) Rating My Senpai

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:56 am

While live action announcements manage to surprise us, there’s quite a bit of news to dive through this week. Listen in and get the hosts’ take on what they’re excited for.

Topics this episode: FateGO Update, Live Action Detective Pikachu, Katsuhiro Otomo’s new Manga, Grisaia Phantom Trigger, Bungo Stray Dogs Smartphone Game, Tamagotchi Eevee, Ann Happy, I Want to eat your pancreas trailer, Manaria Friends, Sentai Filmworks Dubcasts, Devil May Cry Animation, FFXIV Expansion, Arc System Works, Girls Und Panzer game, Cells at Work, Final Attack on Titan, Fruits Basket adaptation, Sony issues, IG Port transfers, My Sister My Writer delays, Netflix releases, Endro promo, Otaku Mode SteveS Manga, New Gundam projects, TeddyLoid in Fight League, Root Letter Live Action, and much more!

Thanks to Fullmetal-Senpai for the great questions featured on this episode.

The opening for this episode is the OP for Girls Und Panzer called “DreamRiser” by ChouCho. The closing for this episode is the ED for Space Patrol Luluco called “Pipo Password” by Teddyloid ft Bonjour Suzuki.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/11/animecas ... my-senpai/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: 424) Rating My Senpai

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:04 pm

So, what was I rated? I await the senpai Chronicles part 3. Good cast boys

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 pm

The thing about the next Xbox is that a discless version isn't viable for everyone since many people have capped internet or just poor internet ie Australia. So there might be a disc version of the next Xbox but in general, we are still 5-10 years off from having no disc consoles being a thing.

I can easily imagine the point when Chris stop reading Attack on Titan.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:41 am

As an avid fan of the Grisaia VN trilogy, I was pretty bummed out to learn that they would release the Phantom Trigger VN in separate installments. That's the main reason I haven't bought any of it. But now that the anime is being produced, I'm keeping up hope that it might get dubbed. Not that I deem it particularly likely, but hey, sometimes licensors surprise us.

Andrew, I think the word filter on the forums is too lax. You aren't even censoring "head petting" - so lewd!

*raises hand* I remember Tamagotchis, I do! They were pretty popular right around when I was a young boy. I owned a model from a cheap knock-off brand, but it was still fun. As for whether I'd enjoy experiencing it again for nostalgia's sake... very unlikely ;).

I was pretty shocked when I read about Fruit's Basket coming back (similarly to when season 4 of Full Metal Panic! was announced). Discussions on /r/Animedubs indicate that most true dub fans will probably have a hard time accepting a substitute for Laura Bailey as Tohru Honda. It'll probably be weird for me, too, but I'll live. I'm way too excited about the news that the show's going to cover the entire manga!

Sentai's pre-Black Friday sale left a bitter taste with me: There were indeed a bunch of amazing offers, most prominently Scum's Wish (which, a couple of weeks ago, was listed with a regular price of something like $70). I was quite excited until I noticed that they don't ship outside of the US :(.

As for fullmetal's question, it is kind of hard to pin down exactly how to define what makes an anime "dark," isn't it? I would agree that it's about the mood rather than the content. For instance, I wouldn't call Made in Abyss a particularly dark series even though some of the events unfolding in it certainly fit the mould.
As for Shiki, I actually thought it has a brilliantly dark, desolate atmosphere in the early parts. Later on, it just turns into a full-on gorefest.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

kzalaz
I Like Anime

Postby kzalaz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Great Episode guys!

The whole ratings subject is definitely an area for improvement still. From my perspective the rating should apply to the specific genre, meaning that for example shonen anime should be rated and compared against shonen anime in general, I just dont think I can compare a Shonen with an Ecchi show for example, both have different very different composition and create different experiences. I like to read reviews but from people that actually like the genre and not people that try to do a full evaluation. I guess is similar to what Andrew mentions with videogames, you cannot rate graphics on a pixelated game, just don't apply. I agree as well that the rating applies to the moment you actually saw it, it is actually interesting, when I look at my anime list sometimes I wonder why I rated so high or so low some animes that perhaps with my current knowledge I would have done differently. I would not change them as that is the memory I retain from them.
Along with my anime list I also use TV Time and they have an interesting rating system, they track responses on Emotions: Good/Fun/Wow/Sad/so-so/Bad. Interesting approach.

On a separate note, I always try to avoid "pay to win" games but I tried Epic seven at it actually looks really good >.<