426) Dad Named Me Ao

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

426) Dad Named Me Ao

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:27 am

Streaming partnerships are popping up left and right following the fallout of the Crunchyroll and Funimation deal. With this news and more on the doc, the hosts are here to break it down and give their perspective on the happenings.

Topics this episode: Troyca Fate Anime, Kill La Kill Game, Evangelion on Netflix, Cowboy Bebop Live Action, 7SEEDS anime, A Silent Voice Theater Again, Tumblr bans, Strike Witches anime, New Rumiko Manga, Funimation and Hulu, To Love Ru Dub, Kurayukaba crowdfunding, Garo project, HiDive and VRV, Yen Press Konosuba license, New Sound Euphonium novels, Joker on Smash, Last Story trademark, Magical Girl Site continues, Tokyo District Court and Youtube, Yu Yamamoto passing, Blade Runner Animation, Mari Okada’s manga adapted, Spice and Wolf kickstarter, Frontwing takes Grisaia Back, and much more!

Thanks to Fullmetal-Senpai for the great questions featured on this episode.

The opening for this episode is the ED for Spice and Wolf called “The Wolf Whistling Song” by Rocky Chack. The closing for this episode is the ED for Neon Genesis Evangelion called “Fly Me To The Moon (Rei Version)” by Megumi Hayashibara.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/12/animecas ... med-me-ao/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: 426) Dad Named Me Ao

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:07 am

Now see, you tell me not to roll for Medusa, but after doing some of the story that is becoming increasing hard not to do.

As for Tokyo Ghoul, you are not missing anything special. By now the story is so all over the place it is definitely not worth your time going back to it due to the fact that despite the fact that the original anime went anime original, the new one for some reason kept going with the manga story line and the two parts make no damm sense together. Unless they redo the whole thing from the beginning, don't even worry about trying to look for it.

Finally, despite having zero interest in any dubs, the To Love-Ru dub has got my interest. I cannot wait to hear how they will do some of the more "special" scenes.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 am

SethAmaha wrote:As for Tokyo Ghoul, you are not missing anything special. By now the story is so all over the place it is definitely not worth your time going back to it due to the fact that despite the fact that the original anime went anime original, the new one for some reason kept going with the manga story line and the two parts make no damm sense together. Unless they redo the whole thing from the beginning, don't even worry about trying to look for it.

It's so bad. I unwillingly dropped the show. but at some point, and since i am not a manga reader (yet), i just can't follow the story. it is so badly put togheter, the anime assume you have read the material before and know all the background story needed to know who's who. A real mess

SethAmaha wrote:Finally, despite having zero interest in any dubs, the To Love-Ru dub has got my interest. I cannot wait to hear how they will do some of the more "special" scenes.

You cannot go wrong with some more To love ru!!! ::peace:: ::nosebleed::
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 pm

If Eleven Arts was rereleasing A Silent Voice to theaters again because of Your Name overshadowing it even though there was a five month gap between them, then they have the worst planning ever because the Dragon Ball Super movie is coming out to American theaters around the same time which that movie is going to sell out like the last movie and My Hero Academia movie did.

I'm really in the minority that prefers Goku's Japanese VA over the English one especially I heard the English one first. Now I can't stand the English VA.

I think you guys are over-analyzing Joker coming to Smash Brothers. Cloud from FFVII was never on a Nintendo console and shouldn't be a factor at all when determining what characters come to Smash. Also Atlus is now owned by Sega which is probably why Joker is coming to Smash in the first place.

I'm disappointed that you guys didn't talk about the change of Shounen Jump or the article about Senren Kagura's producer saying that the sexual stuff is "well-placed" and "with reason".

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... on/.140409

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 am

gao, that Spice and Wolf ED... It's so childish, but so catchy!

I bet Chris breaks everything because when Andrew isn't around, he wears Tama-style doggy paws. Can't very well operate a keyboard like that :P.

In recent years, I haven't been too keen on "endless" games which don't have a clear finishing point. But I have played a couple, like League of Legends, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm. Once you drop out, the barrier of re-entry grows to insurmountable heights over time. I can imagine it's the same for World of WarCraft.

Netflix is indeed going to re-dub Neon Genesis Evangelion in English with a new cast. I believe they announced it roughly a week ago from now. And you wouldn't believe the kind of Shinji this caused among nostalgic fans (As you'd pretty much expect from the internet these days). People have even started a petition for Netflix to reconsider and get the old VAs back together.
Doesn't matter to me either way since I have no interest in watching the series again, but if I would, I'd certainly appreciate a more modern dub for it.

That To Love-Ru dub announcement came completely out of the blue. It's great news that gives hope for potential dubs of some older series (which I'd love to see, for example My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, Golden Time, and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou). Sentai did a survey a while back asking fans which of their shows they wanted to see a dub for. I believe I submitted at least 10 entries :D.

I'm also really looking forward to what they can do with the new version of Fruits Basket. Definitely a show I won't want to miss (I believe a localization has already been confirmed).

The way I see it, if you own the light novels, you're perfectly fine listening to an audio version on YouTube. Same as downloading an anime series you own on DVD/blu-ray. If there's someone to blame, it should be the person uploading it, for obvious reasons. Either way, we've had the same issue with "Let's Play"s for ages. It just depends on whether the creators tolerate it or try to go up against the people spreading their content in such a blatant manner.

Regarding fullmetal's mention of "Bad Apple," just in case anyone's interested: Lizz Robinett has also covered it. And yeah, Cristina Vee is known for doing a number of English anime (and related media) song covers. Her rendition of "Super Driver" is simply jaw-dropping in my humble opinion.

I don't know about "filling the shoes of Madhouse and Production IG," but studio feel is one that I've only started noticing recently and have been really impressed with. Not sure if they even fit into senpai's question at all, but to me, they're pretty much rivaling KyoAni as my favorite anime creators. I'd like to believe they have a bright future ahead of them.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Trying to butter me up with the rei version of fly me to the Moon eh. Bold strategy. I like it. Glad y'all enjoyed the questions maybe I'll post more and wait 5 months to hear them ::nono:: love the discussions keep em coming.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Tumblr ban bots are so broken they tagged my cat as nsfw