427) Winter 2019 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

427) Winter 2019 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:27 pm

While the Fall 2018 Anime Season comes to an end, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are already looking forward to the future. Listen in and get a full breakdown on what to expect in Winter 2019.

Anime Discussed In This Preview: The Rising of the Shield Hero, The Promised Neverland, Boogiepop Never Laughs, Kaguya-sama Love Is War, Dororo, The Quintessential Quintuplets, Revisions, Domestic Girlfriend, Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, Endro, Girly Air Force, How Clumsy Your Are Miss Ueno, An Angel Flew Down To Me, Doukyonin wa Hiza, Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai, Kemurikusa, Grimms Notes The Animation, Pastel Memories, W’z, The Cost of Smiles, Circlet Princess, Bermuda Triangle Colorful Pastrale, Dimension High School, Mob Psycho 100 II, Kakegurui xx, Date A Live III, Real Girl 2, BanG Dream 2, Kemono Friends 2, The Morose Mononokean 2, Forest of Piano 2, B-Project 2, Meiji Tokyo Renka, Manaria Friends, Ameiro Cocoa SideG, Mini Toji, Continuing Series, and some random ONA/Movie/OVAs!

The opening of this episode is from the PV for Boogiepop 2019 by Myth and Roid. The outro for this episode is from the PV for .

We hope you all enjoy!

http://otakuspirit.com/animecast/427-Winter2019AnimePreview.mp3

Runtime: 1:34:31
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: 427) Winter 2019 Anime Season Preview

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:24 am

I'm not looking forward to Kemono Friends 2. If all the specials are anything to go by, the next season is going to be a total trash fire.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:19 am

SethAmaha wrote:I'm not looking forward to Kemono Friends 2. If all the specials are anything to go by, the next season is going to be a total trash fire.

the specials are not anything to go by, obviously. Specials being done in that style is common and I'm 100% sure the second season won't be done like that. I don't know why it's causing you so much grief, trust me, season 2 will be nothing like it.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:55 am

Was about time we get date a live season 3. Hope we see a lot more of best girl!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 pm

You guys completely gloss over about The Promised Neverland being on Noitamina which it's the first Shounen Jump title to be on Noitamina. I have been reading it since it first came out and doesn't disappoint. I would even say that the sci-fi genre description shouldn't been there. It should just stick with mystery and suspense. Also I'm going to wait for the anime internet to explode when a certain character makes their appearance for reasons.

Domestic Girlfriend is easy to understand: main boy has crush on teacher, has one-stand with teacher's sister (high school student like main boy) which he didn't know (it makes sense why he didn't know), and now stepsiblings. I read it for awhile but fell off due to life. I wonder it might be censored since the manga did have full frontal shots of the female characters.

Chris, just watch Kakegurui already. You probably enjoy it more than Andrew.

I don't remember what episode it was but when you guys were talking about Piano no Mori being good or not due to the movie not being any good. I would bet it had to do with the story not being complete at the time and also it would be impossible to cram what came to be 26 volumes into a 100 minute movie.

Toji no Miko was translated as Katana Maidens.

The Hi Score Girl OVAs are actually episodes 13-15 and better hope that Netflix pick those up or you won't get the whole story.

The final season of Fairy Tail is confirmed to be 51 episodes.

I will forever be the person who refuses to watch Kemono Friends beyond the first episode and won't be peer pressured to watch more of it because it somehow turned out to be good. I don't want to risk becoming dumber from watching it. Also Kemono Friends did start out as a mobile game and then got shut down shortly before the anime started.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 am

Those bastards killed Kaban
phpBB [video]

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:31 am

fragoff wrote:Was about time we get date a live season 3. Hope we see a lot more of best girl!
Hallelujah! Preach the truth!

Definitely a sequel I'm looking forward to. Will have to wait for a dub to drop, though, as usual. At least I have little doubt that we will get a localized version (as 2 seasons are already dubbed).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:46 am

BlueSpark wrote:
fragoff wrote:Was about time we get date a live season 3. Hope we see a lot more of best girl!
Hallelujah! Preach the truth!

Definitely a sequel I'm looking forward to. Will have to wait for a dub to drop, though, as usual. At least I have little doubt that we will get a localized version (as 2 seasons are already dubbed).

the rumors i hear swirling is date a live 3 might be delayed

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:48 am

on the fact of rising of the shield hero
the girl is a tanuki/racoon dog girl so you'll got her race close but not right