439) Police Rescue Nico Yazawa

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

439) Police Rescue Nico Yazawa

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 am

It’s been nearly 2 months since the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast had a moment to sit down and look over the news. Join them as they dive into the recent happenings around anime and their thoughts on the bigger news bits.

Topics this episode: Cells At Work, Nekopara, Opantsu, Yuko Ono, Kinoko Nasu, Clannad Switch, Takagi-san, Final Fantasy, School-Live, Flat Studio, In Spectre, MAL, Dropkick on my Devil, Fairy Gone, Moe Chronicles, Toonami, A Silent Voice Blu-ray, Aniplex, Gonna Be The Twintails, SpecialThanks, Astra Lost, Sacred Beasts, Ultra Violet, Re:Zero Replacements, Monogatari, Beastars, Madman Entertainment, Vinland Saga, Alita, Happiness Manga, FFXIV, Fate Grand Order, Vic Mignogna, and much more!

The opening for this episode is the OP for Wolf Girl and Black Prince called “LOVE GOOD TIME” by SpecialThanks. The closing for this episode is the OP for Skilled Teaser Takagi-san called “Iwanai kedo ne” by Yuiko Oohara.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/02/animecas ... co-yazawa/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: 439) Police Rescue Nico Yazawa

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:16 pm

It's great to hear you use "Love Good Time" for your intro :). Just the other day, I re-listened to a French cover of the song I once found on YouTube. It's a neat tune, for sure. Too bad about the band, I guess.

I feel dirty admitting it, but your talking about Opantsu again (I remember when you mentioned it the first time on the podcast) got me quite curious. So I actually checked it out. All I can say is... What the frick, Japan :?? I was torn between laughing and facepalming. Seems to have an extremely specialized appeal. I can kiiind of see it, but... not really.

Good news on a 2nd season to Takagi-san. With how season 1 ended, they were basically torturing us by dangling the romance right on front of our faces. So I'm very much interested to see where this leads the story.

If School-Live's source material is ending soon, that probably means the window for a season 2 is closing. It sucks how the ending left us completely hanging... But I won't cave and go to the manga.

Some of those titles Andrew recited were just too much :D. Only the Japanese could come up with this. Reminds me of that one light novel I heard about whose protagonist is reincarnated as a hot spring. Yes, literally. No, I'm not making that up.

Andrew, you mirrored my own thoughts on the Vic Mognogna scandal perfectly. I'm not a fan of his in particular, but whenever I've seen him on a convention panel, he always seemed like a genuinely nice person. I also think he simply misjudged how much physical contact with his fans is generally deemed appropriate in public situations.
I equally agree with how messy controversies like this become when social media are involved. Honestly, neither side will walk away from this as a winner. Luckily, I don't use twitter and stuff, anyway. I love me my drama animes, but I don't need this kind of drama in my life.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

kzalaz
I Like Anime

Postby kzalaz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Great episode as always. Regarding that last part, I absolutely agree and unfortunately it has become a reality, I have been almost a year "sober" from Facebook and I don't regret it, social networks have become really negative places. I decided to invest more on communities like Reddit or Twitter but being careful on who to follow, it has helped as I decide what to see Instead of getting all of that in my face all the time.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:35 pm

How can you find facebook a 'negative place' as everything not in the 'politicaly correct' spectrum is getting censored and there is no diversity of opinion anymore? Facebook is literaly getting sanitized

Just asking, no animosity intended.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:49 am

fragoff wrote:How can you find facebook a 'negative place' as everything not in the 'politicaly correct' spectrum is getting censored and there is no diversity of opinion anymore? Facebook is literaly getting sanitized

Just asking, no animosity intended.

This, I left Facebook because of this, I also rarely use Twitter for the same reason.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 am

Lol I despised Facebook from its inseption. I literally only made an account because I was forced to and barely used it. It’s so freaking convoluted.

Now it just sits there I just don’t have the heart to delete the account.

Twitter just doesn’t work for me so I poke in it here and there but that’s a wash for me as well.

As for the other social media’s good luck I will probably never try any other one it’s just to much of a time sink and not enough return.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Chris wrote:Lol I despised Facebook from its inseption.

It was a good concept to begin with. It went down the drain when people started to erase the frontier betwen personal life and anonimous stardom. It also took a huge hit because of my previous comment.

Now it is a fertile ground for scams, backward social ostracization manoeuvres and blend memes. There is nothing left to make the brain work or have a good laught.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Orange man bad

kzalaz
I Like Anime

Postby kzalaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 pm

I don't think facebook itself has all the blame, it is just that people have become so lazy that no one ever takes the time to fact check things and basically take every opinion, every comment, every article as the truth. It has become a true social problem.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Haven’t listened to the episode yet but judging by BlueSparks response I have an idea of what’s going on and while I hate to write about it without haven’t heard exactly what you guys said I’m going to have to state my opinion on it cause it’s making my blood boil that people don’t get it.

Vic Mognogna Is over 50, also he licked an under aged girls ear, I don’t think this is him just being too friendly with his fans. Since he also gave under age girls his personal phone number, and he only did this for underage girls, he never did this to guys or anything like that. Plus there have been accusations being thrown at him for ages now, pretty much since he started voice acting there’s been issues, but they’ve never really blown up until now.

Also since the police got involved, he’s going to be on trial and Funimation internal investigation led them to getting rid of him I think it’s safe to say that he is defiantly a creepy guy who has been doing creepy things for a long time and he should be fired and he should be prosecuted. We need to stop idolising dub actors, when a big time actor is found out for this stuff everyone jumps to belive it but now that it’s happening to a voice actor everyone feels the need to defend him, I don’t get it.

I can’t know for sure but based on everything I know and have seen of him and the many accounts given of what he’s done I’m almost 100% sure he has done multiple creepy things and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s worse things that have yet to come out.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560