450) Winter 2019 Anime Season Review Part 3

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

450) Winter 2019 Anime Season Review Part 3

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am

The Winter 2019 Anime Season is wrapping up and the hosts are plugged in to give their take on what succeeded and what failed. Listen in and get their opinions on the season.

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Hinomaru Sumo, Pastel Memories, My Roommate is a Cat, Sword Art Online Alicization, The Quintessential Quintuplets, Date A Live III, and mid-season discussions of The Rising of the Shield Hero, Karakuri Circus, and Dororo.

Following the closing music, the hosts have a fun spoiler discussion about Date A Live III. If you have not watched Date A Live III, avoid listing beyond the 1:46:02 mark.

The opening song for this episode is the OP for Dororo called “Kaen” by Ziyoou-vachi. The closing song for this episode is the ED2 for Sword Art Online Alicization called “forget me not” by ReoNa. The music closing the spoiler discussion is the ED for Dororo called “Sayonara Gokko” by amazarashi.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/04/animecas ... ew-part-3/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: 450) Winter 2019 Anime Season Review Part 3

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 am

As I've posted in the season preview episode thread, sumo wrestling is a very interesting spectator sport to me. So I do want to give Hinomaru Sumo a shot to see how they portray it. I just hope the story won't turn me off; for a 2-cour, that could become a problem.

Allow me to nitpick for a second: I don't think Sword Art Online 3 can have a cliffhanger ending when it hasn't ended yet :P. I'm guessing it has been mapped as a 4-cour series for a reason. Of course, I get what you mean, though. You people just have to think of animes in 13-week timeframes ;).

Quintessential Quintuplets featuring an "unwilling harem" sounds like a super neat idea. I'm even more intrigued now.

As for Date a Live, I concur the Origami was a blast of a character to watch. That date OVA episode was priceless :). Which is why I'm now a bit worried about her backstory and further development after listening to you... But perhaps the problems that irked you won't affect me much at all. We'll see.
Besides her, I also enjoyed the twin sisters a lot (one of which, I believe, was voiced by Brittney Karbowski... go figure). Too bad they didn't have much of a lasting presence after their arc. Mayyybe I'll get to see more of them in season 3 :>?
Oh, and Andrew reminded me of the "so lame" girl :D. She was voiced by Monica Rial in the English dub, who is one of the biggest VAs in the industry and usually has no trouble scoring bigger roles. It's a bit curious to see her play such a small part in this show. Or, in other words: That's so lame!
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun May 05, 2019 9:27 am

BlueSpark wrote:But perhaps the problems that irked you won't affect me much at all. We'll see.

One of those amazing wonders of opinions haha!

BlueSpark wrote:Besides her, I also enjoyed the twin sisters a lot (one of which, I believe, was voiced by Brittney Karbowski... go figure). Too bad they didn't have much of a lasting presence after their arc. Mayyybe I'll get to see more of them in season 3 :>?

Definitely a different side of them.. but sadly it was mostly a single episode.

BlueSpark wrote:Oh, and Andrew reminded me of the "so lame" girl :D. She was voiced by Monica Rial in the English dub, who is one of the biggest VAs in the industry and usually has no trouble scoring bigger roles. It's a bit curious to see her play such a small part in this show. Or, in other words: That's so lame!

Sadly enough, it seems like So Lame girl gets more lines than some of the harem team... Mind blown, I know.
::shocked::

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon May 06, 2019 1:40 am

Andrew wrote:Sadly enough, it seems like So Lame girl gets more lines than some of the harem team...
Maybe she could get swapped into the harem instead? And then, when she finally gets some alone-time with Shido, they both strip down, she looks at his pants and says...
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Andrew wrote:Sadly enough, it seems like So Lame girl gets more lines than some of the harem team...
Maybe she could get swapped into the harem instead? And then, when she finally gets some alone-time with Shido, they both strip down, she looks at his pants and says...

No doubt there is a doujinshi out there somewhere of it.......
::pff::