464) Spring 2019 Anime Season Review Part 1

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

464) Spring 2019 Anime Season Review Part 1

Postby Andrew » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:12 am

As the Spring 2019 Anime Season comes to a close, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast give their take on what shows were a hit in the end, and which may have fell short.

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Hitoribocchi, Sarazanmai, Ultraman 2019, Dororo, Rising of the Shield Hero, The Helpful Fox Senko-san, Ao-chan Can’t Study, Isekai Quartet, and Senryuu Girl.

The opening song for this episode is the OP for Ao-chan Can’t Study called “WONDERFUL WONDER” by EDOGA-SULLIVAN. The closing song for this episode is the ED for Sarazanmai called “Stand by me” by the peggies.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/06/animecas ... ew-part-1/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: 464) Spring 2019 Anime Season Review Part 1

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:29 am

Feels like every anime season has at least one super fun comedy show you guys enjoy that doesn't get dubbed; I remember Slow Start and Blend S, specifically. Looks like Hitori Bocchi is this series. Sucks to be me, as usual :P.
Similarly, it sounds like Ao-chan Can't Study is one I'd just eat up, but chances for a localization are rather slim, I'd afraid. Well, Sentai got the license, so I may be in for a surprise dub anywhere between 2-7 years down the line.

Helpful Fox Senko-san has caught my eye, too. It seems to be very apt at what it does. Even though I usually don't end up enjoying iyashikei series very much (Konohana Kitan and Flying Witch being two cases in point), I think I'll give it a shot.

Isekai Quartet is the sole reason I'm watching Overlord right now :P (to familiarize myself with its characters). Seems like everyone's raving about how great this short is. Definitely up on my list to watch once the dub broadcasts are finished.

All in all, there are actually very few animes from this season I'm planning on watching. I might even take a look at Shield Hero, and that's saying a lot coming from me, the non-fantasy fan. However, I'll eagerly be waiting for the rest of your reviews and hope that something (simuldubbed) strikes my fancy.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!