486) Recently My Apartment is Unusual

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

486) Recently My Apartment is Unusual

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:26 pm

Prior to giving their first impressions of the Fall 2019 Anime season, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast tackle the very news heavy last few weeks.

Topics this episode: New Studio Bind, Love is War Sequel, New Shaft Series, Ghibli on HBO, Tokyo Mirage Censorship, New Netflix Lineup, Underrated Anime, Finishing Anime, and much more!

Thanks to jar3dbftball and JackTWD4th for the questions featured in this episode!

The opening music for this episode is the OP for Kaguya-sama Love is War called “Love Dramatic feat. Rikka Ihara” by Masayuki Suzuki. The closing music for this episode is the ED for After the Rain called “Ref:rain” by Aimer.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/10/animecas ... s-unusual/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Eira
Otaku

Re: 486) Recently My Apartment is Unusual

Postby Eira » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:46 am

a few small things. I agree that the censorship sucks, the fact that japan has to also deal with it is absurd and since I already have the dumb censored version on my Wii U I won't be supporting this practice and will avoid getting it on switch, that's just absurd.

Also when you talked about where you can go to see who owns what show you suggested using Wikipedia for the licensee, but I've found this to be rather unreliable and in terms of finding out who's streaming a show, a blog post about it on MAL or using a site called Because.moe is much better. Because.moe can take awhile to update when a new season starts but if it's from last a past season or the current season has been going on for a while then it should have everything listed, you can just go search a show and it'll list what sites it's on. You can also change the region between America, Canada, UK, and Australia, which is really good, you can know for sure that it's talking about your region. My seasonal dicussion posts also list (most) of the sites, I sometimes forget to go back and edit them if more sites pick up a show but I try my best.

Also streaming and distributions rights are different things, which is important to note. Someone from Madman here in Australia told me that while they have the distribution rights for Chobits they don't own the streaming rights. But they've stopped production of the Chobits DVDs, so it's left impossible to get legally in Australia. Funimation always has to pay for both since they wouldn't get something just to stream is it meant they couldn't sell it later. But chrunchyroll & Hidive don't care about Distribution rights since they're just a streaming service.

Also I really do wish we could see the betting too that goes into these shows. A shame that's impossible, since it would but such a bad buissness move to let other anime companies and other western streaming services know what your top line is.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat based discussions: Eira#1560