82) Fall 2014 Review Part 1

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

82) Fall 2014 Review Part 1

Postby Andrew » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:56 pm

The Fall 2014 Season is official over for the Anime fandom, and with it comes a slew of reviews from the OtakuSpirit Animecast. Join us as we run through five shows and give our goods and bads for each one. Magical Girls, Abusive Boyfriends, Roaches, and more!

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Gugure! Kokkuri-san, TERRAFORMARS, Wolf Girl and Black Prince, Yuki Yuna is a Hero, and Hi-sCool! Seha Girls.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Gugure! Kokkuri-san called “Welcome!! DISCO Kemokemoke” by the cast. The outro for this episode is the ED for Wolf Girl and Black Prince called “Wolf Heart” by Oresama.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/01/animecas ... ew-part-1/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neko
Jii-San

Re: 82) Fall 2014 Review Part 1

Postby Neko » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm

I thought the occasional glimpse of Kohina non-doll was really well done! Every now and then the mask comes down, it was almost like catching it out of the corner of your eye! Definitely a plus for me. Perhaps we didn't see relolution, or change in Kohina, but we did see growth in the characters of Kokkuri-san, and Shigaraki. (Not Inugami so much). It did feel like part of a larger story, but that's okay...

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:33 pm

I don't want to see any development of Inugami, he/she is perfect the way he/she is :D

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Neko wrote:I thought the occasional glimpse of Kohina non-doll was really well done! Every now and then the mask comes down, it was almost like catching it out of the corner of your eye! Definitely a plus for me. Perhaps we didn't see relolution, or change in Kohina, but we did see growth in the characters of Kokkuri-san, and Shigaraki. (Not Inugami so much). It did feel like part of a larger story, but that's okay...

Oddly it's one of those things that.. I wasn't expecting anything but comedy, but I got so much more. Shallow mind frame, maybe, but in the end I loved it.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:14 pm

MadGunner wrote:I don't want to see any development of Inugami, he/she is perfect the way he/she is :D

Especially pinned to a door frame with a knife :twisted:

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:16 pm

I'm curious to hear where you think that Yuki Yunna can go from where it ended. Do you think they would use the same cast of characters or would it be a new group of girls or a hybrid of the two?

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Seeing as Yuki Yuna is a Hero is a sequel of a previous group of girls (LN/Manga called "Washio Sumi wa Yūsha de Aru"), I'd assume it would continue on, just like how this one continued it on. New group of girls continuing the fight.

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Postby Loli-Knight » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Kokkuri-san was an odd beast for me. Initially I thought little of it from the plot description (shame on me), but the moment I saw the OP I knew it'd be in for a ride. The serious moments being done as well as they were certainly threw me for a curve ball. I kinda like what they did with serious-mode Kohina though. When she showed up like that it seemed as if she were maybe second-guessing her whole doll stance for some development or something.

Of course, like you said, we don't get a lick of resolution (which more and more seems to be the case for short adaptations these days).
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.

Ahnima
I Love Anime

Postby Ahnima » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:11 pm

I honestly watched Kokkuri-san for the moments when Kohina gave in to her human emotions. It was always heartwarming to see her as a "real" child.
Curious about what I watch? Check out my MAL!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Ahnima

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Postby Loli-Knight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:33 am

Oh for sure. Generally I'm okay with 1-cour comedy shows, but Kokkuri-san seems like it has a genuine story to tell so knowing we probably won't get another season is disheartening.
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.