92) God Eater, Evangelion, Death Parade, & Yatterman Night

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

92) God Eater, Evangelion, Death Parade, & Yatterman Night

Postby Andrew » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:33 am

After a brief break from the discussional podcasts, we return with a hefty episode filled to the brim with discussion and news! After news on Crunchyroll, Happiness, ufotable’s God Eater, and Neon Genesis Evangelion HD, we jump into community questions. Following that, we have some in-depth discussion on Death Parade and Yatterman Night!

Note: We discuss both Death Parade and Yatterman Night in detail including up to episode 5 spoilers. Discussion on Death Parade runs from 1:19:10 to 1:38:45. Discussion on Yatterman Night runs from 1:38:45 until the podcast’s conclusion.

Special thanks to SemiBolt, shikakage, GamerColyn117, kazutaiga, loganlsr, Nyanko Sensei, and JackTWD4th for the great questions featured on this episode!

The intro for this episode is the OP for Death Parade called “Flyers” by BRADIO. The outro for this episode is the OP for Yatterman Night called “Kyokugen Dreamer” by SCREEN mode.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/02/animecas ... man-night/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

MadGunner
Senpai

Re: 92) God Eater, Evangelion, Death Parade, & Yatterman Night

Postby MadGunner » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:48 am

I'm not saying that Yatterman is a bad show but I think the reason it's shining so bright in your eyes is because there is so little quality this season.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:27 pm

MadGunner wrote:I'm not saying that Yatterman is a bad show but I think the reason it's shining so bright in your eyes is because there is so little quality this season.

I would agree IF I was forced to watch only this season and all of this season of anime. That's not the case. I can drop shows, continue shows, or enjoy shows as I see fit. That's because, if the season doesn't offer me any enjoyment, I have a backlog I can watch (Thanks Rightstuf). I'd actually welcome a break season. Again, just not the case.

At the same time, everyone has their flavors, and just because some may be seeing this entire season as crap (I acknowledge you're not calling it crap), others are enjoying a quite a bit of its offerings. Loli taking on the world just happens to be my flavor. The zany Japanese innocence chaos happens to be my flavor.

No hate though. I'm not sour that people don't enjoy it. Just don't agree that the season is completely crap. We highlighted two this round that are great to us. :)

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:39 pm

I don't think that this season is crap either haha. I'm gonna have no problem filling out my top 5 for this season :)

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

loganlsr wrote:I don't think that this season is crap either haha. I'm gonna have no problem filling out my top 5 for this season :)

I don't think anyone will have issues filling out this season's top 5s because all of the big ticket shows ending in this season from last season. Parasyte, Shirobako, Yona, Your Lie In April, and let's not forget, Cross Ange.

I get ya though :P

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:09 pm

It's almost a shame that Shirobako and Your Lie in April count for this season cuz that means i'll have to knock a show or two off my list haha :P

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Andrew wrote: We highlighted two this round that are great to us. :)

And I agree on one of them :) maybe I'm just getting a little bit tired of hearing all the gushing over the other one :P

I do think this season is lacking but I don't mind, it just gives me more time to focus on my backatalog. Like this weekend I watched both School Days and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:51 am

MadGunner wrote:And I agree on one of them :) maybe I'm just getting a little bit tired of hearing all the gushing over the other one :P

I do think this season is lacking but I don't mind, it just gives me more time to focus on my backatalog. Like this weekend I watched both School Days and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

I hear ya. I had the same issue when Space Dandy was hitting the tubes. But gushing is good sometimes. Just means people are enjoying themselves. Even if we hate hearing it sometimes lol

I'm definitely glad you gave Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 a go. Great series. ... School Days, very unfortunate.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:47 am

I think Crunchyroll didn't need as much new anime since it had a decent amount of anime from the past season. Sure it's bad from a sense that people may not have subscriptions to both Crunchyroll and Funimation but it's been like that for some time now. Also I think the thing that will make Crunchyroll pull away is the manga subscription. I don't recall Viz having a single subscription plan to allow you to access all of their titles online.

When you were talking about the Eva Blu-Ray box set, I noticed you said it had episodes 1-24 of the TV series. Eva had 26 episodes. I wonder why they decided to remove the final two episodes I know for years that those final two episodes annoyed a lot of fans but I think there is merit to them and not having them is just wrong.

Chris calling Decim "Ginko" was funny.

I don't recall other people are gushing over Yatterman Night as much compared to Yuri Kuma Arashi. I just heard a podcast talking about Yatterman Night and basically the person couldn't get past the supposely nonsensical designs and didn't even bother to try to see the show for anything else beyond that. Tatsuknoko has done great jobs with its reimaginings of old series like with Casshern Sins and Gatachaman Crowds. It's a shame that people for the most part ignore them for being old or just bugs them out of their comfort zone.

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 am

Hey, just like to say that the Wixoss the card game came after the show Selector infected Wixoss. Also I'd like to point out that a few good game to anime adaptations are Stiens;gate and the Fate series to those who don't know that they were games first.