96) Please Teacher, No More Big Boxes!

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

96) Please Teacher, No More Big Boxes!

Postby Andrew » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:11 am

While this week wasn’t entirely news heavy, that doesn’t stop the OtakuSpirit Animecast from managing to get into some good discussion thanks to the great community. After spilling some news about distribution rights and premium box sets, we dive into some listener questions and comments that may spark some debate.

Special thanks to Neko, GamerColyn, Loli-Knight, Mys145, Tori, Lenzark, Homebound11, and Star-K for the great comments featured in this episode!

The intro for this episode is the OP for Please Teacher! called “Shooting Star” by Kotoko. The outro is the theme for Ghost in the Shell called “Making of Cyborg” by Kenji Kawai.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/02/animecas ... big-boxes/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Re: 96) Please Teacher, No More Big Boxes!

Postby Loli-Knight » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 am

Oh dear, I feel ashamed to be living up to my own stereotype. The moment you mentioned wanting Goodsmile's Ultimate Madoka PVC I immediately went searching for it, and right as I find a decent one you mention that I'm probably doing as such.

Bad Loli-Knight, bad!
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 am

lol thats honestly not a bad thing we love you for what you do. you are far more important to our community then you know.

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 pm

I can see why Hajime no Ippo would get you pumped up Chris. I'm not as much into boxing or other kinds of fighting sports, but Ippo had me jumping around the room in excitement many times throughout the fights. I even watched an episode of it at school during lunch, and I got really embarrassed once I realized that I was sitting there shadowboxing, and everyone was looking at me funny :lol:
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Lol that inappropriate pedo joke was awkward as hell :P

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Postby Loli-Knight » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Chris wrote:lol thats honestly not a bad thing we love you for what you do. you are far more important to our community then you know.

*Eyes light up*
Permission to empty everyone's coffers granted nanoyasa!
*Fear for everyone's wallet intensifies*
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 pm

WHAT WIAFUS ARE 2D????? :lol:

Chris, you can have multiple waifus because each waifu is bound to their own world/anime. It then becomes a harem when you have more than 1 waifu in an anime. :lol:

Another enjoyable podcast guys! It's great to hear that Andrew also liked Please Teacher because I've heard a lot of people bash this show. Sure, it's not going to change your life or provide any enlightenment but it is a good show with pretty good romance.

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:07 pm

shikakage wrote: it is a good show with pretty good romance.

Sold! I will watch this for sure now :D

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:15 pm

loganlsr wrote:Sold! I will watch this for sure now :D

Yes! Please do! I remember watching this over and over and over again a few years back. It gave me the fuwa-fuwas every time. :lol:

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Postby GamerColyn117 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Another great discussion episode guys!

I have some thoughts about the whole limited/regular release thing. I really enjoy seeing what comes in collectors editions of different anime, though normally I never buy them. Many people collect these things as a form of art and you can't judge that because art is subjective. For shows that I like enough to spend the extra money on, I believe it is great to pay the extra money but only if the items inside are worth it! But again; like art, anime is subjective. Some people may not be the biggest fan of a certain show, but might find the items in a collectors edition box to be really cool and worth buying.

I don't really mind companies doing multiple releases for shows, though the way they do it should be different. I think the best way to gain the most profit would be to hype a limited release by explaining what comes with the release and setting a price. They should then have a time frame for pre-orders like figures do (like 2 or 3 months) and then stop taking them. They could save on manufacturing costs by only making products for what they get in pre-orders. There should also be an option for people to buy a normal edition at the same time as the limited edition. This way big fans of the series can get their limited edition and those who just want the regular blu-ray release can have just that.
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.