104) Winter 2015 Review Part 2

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

104) Winter 2015 Review Part 2

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:36 pm

It’s time for another set of shows to review from the Winter 2015 Anime Season. Magical air writing, anthopomorphic ship girls, ghoul on ghoul feasting, and much more will be covered in both good light and bad. Give it a listen and enjoy!

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman, Tokyo Ghoul Root A, Kamisama Hajimemashita 2, ISUCA, KanColle: Kantai Collection, Unlimited Fafnir, and Yatterman Night.

The intro is the OP for KanColle called “Miiro” by AKINO from bless4. The outro is the OP for Yatterman Night called “Kyokugen Dreamer” by SCREEN mode.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/04/animecas ... ew-part-2/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Re: 104) Winter 2015 Review Part 2

Postby Loli-Knight » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Just because you two uttered the word, this little treasure hath been summoned.

Enjoy Kantai's gift to mankind nanoyasa.
http://anohito.tw/poi/
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:03 am

World break had a really good concept and it was a fairly entertaining (not a great show but entertaining nonetheless) show but the quality and animation man! It just makes me sad. There were instances when the frame just had action lines while the character screams. I'm not pretty picky with animation and quality too much but the things you see in this anime animation wise makes you think that the anime was created by studio Titanic. :lol:

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

HOMEBOUND11
Crazy About Anime

Postby HOMEBOUND11 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:53 am

Loli-Knight wrote:Just because you two uttered the word, this little treasure hath been summoned.

Enjoy Kantai's gift to mankind nanoyasa.
http://anohito.tw/poi/

....Ahhh...I'm so glad this keyboard exists....
Hi

HOMEBOUND11
Crazy About Anime

Postby HOMEBOUND11 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:51 am

As of this moment, Death Parade is still your longest discussed review with 921 seconds. You were about 30 sec. short on Kantai Collection.
Hi

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:49 am

I would have like a more detailed explanation on why Andrew felt the Yatterman ending was flat to him.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 am

Mys145 wrote:I would have like a more detailed explanation on why Andrew felt the Yatterman ending was flat to him.

We have a strict policy on spoiling shows. So if we ever discuss endings, we always stay vague. It's just something we strive to never compromise.

Yatterman Spoilers:
Spoiler:
The first 5 or so episodes were very emotionally charged, and shared the perspective of dark tones along with cheerful moments.

This shifted towards the end when the focus turned to just "Take down that bad guy" and the action kicked in. None of it really felt interesting. But I did agree with Chris that the arrival of the Yatterman (although EXTREMELY obvious from episode 2), was pretty cool. But that was a matter of 10 minutes.

Also, the animation became very terrible, repeating animations and actions over and over. Even pulling clips from the OP.

Didn't hate it, just wasn't the great show I fell in love with at the start.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Postby GamerColyn117 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Another great podcast guys! Though I would like to bring up that KanColle had a plot, kind of. It was following naval battles from the Pacific War during WW2, but I'm not sure if that counts as plot or not. I loved your sarcasm about Fafner; "Why haven't you watched this yet?"

Thanks for providing me with something to listen to during the boring parts of my work day!
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:41 pm

GamerColyn117 wrote:Another great podcast guys! Though I would like to bring up that KanColle had a plot, kind of. It was following naval battles from the Pacific War during WW2, but I'm not sure if that counts as plot or not. I loved your sarcasm about Fafner; "Why haven't you watched this yet?"

Thanks for providing me with something to listen to during the boring parts of my work day!

I was thinking about your (and the Knight's) history reports during the podcast. Plot? theme? :?:

Speaking of themes, is one emerging with Andrew? Serious = blood? I started noticing this back with the moe saucer show. I guess Andrew likes his carnage :)

And I'm kidding, Andrew .

Look forward to these podcasts always.

Aridean
Crazy About Anime

Postby Aridean » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:21 pm

GamerColyn117 wrote:Another great podcast guys! Though I would like to bring up that KanColle had a plot, kind of. It was following naval battles from the Pacific War during WW2, but I'm not sure if that counts as plot or not. I loved your sarcasm about Fafner; "Why haven't you watched this yet?"

I honestly burst out laughing while walking through our shop at that part XD I swear my co-workers think I'm absolutely insane by now.
These podcasts have always made my days better :D
"Maybe we tried to leave as much memories of ourselves with each other because we knew one day, we wouldn't be together any more."Image
"It's difficult to change the world on your own,
but twisting it a little might not be all that hard.
"