121) Moe Raptor Wins E3 2015

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

121) Moe Raptor Wins E3 2015

Postby Andrew » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Fans of anime can’t help but be caught up in the gaming sphere. So after getting caught up on some important anime news, we dive into E3 2015 and give our take on the announcements. Our taste might not fit everyone, but we hit on some important bits. All before jumping into the community to answer some questions!

Neon Genesis Evangelion, My Love Story, Assassination Classroom, Suggesting Anime To Parents, and more are in store for anime news. As for E3, we hit up the big 3 console companies as well as a little in Square Enix.

The intro for this episode is the remix by Xaleph called “Final Fantasy VII Son of Chaos.” The outro is the remix by Dale North called “Xenogears You and I.” Both found on OC ReMix.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/06/animecas ... s-e3-2015/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Re: 121) Moe Raptor Wins E3 2015

Postby shikakage » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:29 am

This podcast was so much fun! It was interesting to listen to your thoughts about E3.

Also, Arnold is Austrian guys. :lol:

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:57 am

Ya'll are crazy. I like that

BTAG
Crazy About Anime

Postby BTAG » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:04 pm

I still don't understand why people think that Sony's conference was so incredible, but if you enjoyed it, I feel overjoyed for you. There was just nothing that I felt overly positive about. Horizon, or whatever it's called, was basically the only new Sony exclusive that interested me in the slightest. Not to mention basically nothing from that conference is coming out in the near future, and I'm with Andrew on the Kickstarter. I thought every press conference was relatively mediocre, but at least there are still a few things that interest me, coming out this year.

I completely agree with Andrew on the Grind your Gears section. Those are the exact 2 reasons that I don't really like Your Lie in April as much as I thought it would. It heavily foreshadowed the later events in the show, much too early, and as soon as they were trying to convey a very serious drama tone, they all of a sudden had a very out of place comedy scene that ruined the mood.

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 pm

That was an awesome episode guys! Made my day, even though it seems my brain still can't process all this madness :lol:
Also, it was interesting to listen to your thoughts on E3. Keep the great work!
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am

Really enjoyed the podcast. Had to skip through the E3 bit though, because, games ::yawn::

The news item about reccomendations to parents was really interesting, especially since I'm probably the generation being recommended to, though never having reproduced this man-child can perhaps see both sides of the fence ;)

It was interesting, though not particularly surprising to me that Clannad did not make the top ten recommendations by women polled.

Lenzark
Anime Junky

Postby Lenzark » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Me on the Outro.
I wish SE would remake Xenogears instead of FF7. ::yess::
I wanted a complete story, not a half assed Disc 2.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 am

In regards to that popularity poll, Hyouka is an awesome show that never got licensed over here for some reason. Think of it as Sherlock Holmes meets Japanese high school with a bit of romance :)

Also thanks for the heads up about Fate/Zero being dubbed on Crunchy! I can't wait to finally watch it now! :D

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 am

shikakage wrote:This podcast was so much fun! It was interesting to listen to your thoughts about E3.

Also, Arnold is Austrian guys. :lol:

It definitely felt natural going back into it :P Been too long since we've talked gaming on a podcast though. Unfortunately not something we'd have much to say on a regular basis about anymore with what little gaming we do anymore. Although I did just pick up Omega Quintet :X Glad you enjoyed the podcast!

MadGunner wrote:Ya'll are crazy. I like that

Pssh! Sanity is overrated!

BTAG wrote:*uguu~*

Yeah.. that's why we were quick to point out that it was based on our taste. Which is definitely not everyone's. And for us to speak on things we don't care about would be rather disingenuous to fans of those items. Sony just tends to have more Japanese related developments that I enjoy personally. Which is why it excites me.

Also: Yay! I'm not alone on YLIA :P

almightyhiki wrote:That was an awesome episode guys! Made my day, even though it seems my brain still can't process all this madness :lol:
Also, it was interesting to listen to your thoughts on E3. Keep the great work!

Thanks hiki! We advise that you consult with your doctor before listening to the podcast. Some people experience fatigue, dry mouth, and trouble sleeping after processing our odd sense of humor.

Neko wrote:nya~

Hah, we're on the same boat for gaming much anymore, but there's still plenty that excite us, and we know a lot of people love it.

There's no loli-Neko's rampaging the world?! Oh well, you're still our ojiisan!

Lenzark wrote:Me on the Outro.

I wish SE would remake Xenogears instead of FF7. ::yess::
I wanted a complete story, not a half assed Disc 2.

That song gets me every time. So beautiful.

While I'd love a remake, I would want it kept to the old styling. It aged decently well, they just need to fix the translation. It's a mess and rivals NGE in "what the heck!?" storytelling.

Logan wrote:Also thanks for the heads up about Fate/Zero being dubbed on Crunchy! I can't wait to finally watch it now! :D

My gosh Logan.. get on that now...
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:52 pm

I can see redoing FF7 like how the 3DS remakes of the N64 Zelda games but I don't think that's what going to happen though. Also I probably suspect this won't come out until 2017 for the 20th anniversary of the original release. The Shemune 3 Kickstarter announcement at E3 was really poor taste and really hope that it isn't a thing in future E3s. I'm not against the Kickstarter but shouldn't be announced at a major press conference.

Star Fox Zero is probably the closest thing we get to a Macross game. I think Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS actually make sense to me. You can easily do a mission under a half hour. The new "Metroid" game was just heartbreaking to me. It's been a long time since a Metroid game came out and not even going to have Samus involved is just a smack to the face to the fans. Also the multiplayer aspect of it was shown at the Nintendo World Championships and didn't look that impressive.

Andrew, what did you think of the part of the storyline where class 3-E fights against the social order of their school in Assassination Classroom? To say the show is just crazy antics of them with Korosensei doesn't give the show justice.