138) K Series Review

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

138) K Series Review

Postby Andrew » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:13 pm

With the upcoming K: Return of Kings series premier in Fall 2015, we sit down and give a review of the K Season 1 as well as the bridging movie K: Missing Kings. For those familiar with the series and needing to get caught up, we give an in-depth story recap of the series following the review of both the series and the movie.

Note: Following the spoiler free review of the first season and movie, we give a full spoiler filled recap of the series. If you’ve not watched the first season, avoid listening beyond the 42:15 marker.

The opening for this episode is the K Theme from the K Series OST. Following the reviews and before the Recaps, we play the ED for K called “Alone in a Cold Room” by Mikako Komatsu. After the Recap segment, we play the OP for K called “KINGS” by Angela to close the show out!

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/09/animecas ... es-review/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 138) K Series Review

Postby Mys145 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:13 am

So the old school opening of the podcast was from K. I thought it was some random video game music.

I remember watching K when it was airing in Japan and basically I was one of the people who gave up on it because of the characters especially Shiro. He really didn't have anything that I cared about and felt as a main character, he didn't really seem like part of the story. If I'm going to watch a show, the main character has to be at least tolerable and something to latch onto.

I stopped at episode 5 so I couldn't really have the patience to watch 5 more episodes for a payoff that might be worth it or not.

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 138) K Series Review

Postby Andrew » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Mys145 wrote:So the old school opening of the podcast was from K. I thought it was some random video game music.

I remember watching K when it was airing in Japan and basically I was one of the people who gave up on it because of the characters especially Shiro. He really didn't have anything that I cared about and felt as a main character, he didn't really seem like part of the story. If I'm going to watch a show, the main character has to be at least tolerable and something to latch onto.

I stopped at episode 5 so I couldn't really have the patience to watch 5 more episodes for a payoff that might be worth it or not.

Always loved that song the moment I heard it in the PV. We actually used it quite a bit on an old podcast I ran.

I definitely feel your concern about Shiro and waiting for a pay off. Sadly this is one of those cases that diving too much into the protagonist means the punchline is basically broken. Luckily for me, I enjoyed many more elements of the world that Shiro wasn't necessary to be a key contender to keep me engaged.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694