139) Summer 2015 Anime Spoiler Talk

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

139) Summer 2015 Anime Spoiler Talk

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Summer 2015 is wrapping up their shows and many of them are leaving us frustrated or conflicted. What better time to throw up the microphones and catch our every rant and praise. This episode is a full spoiler filled podcast episode where we will be discussing conclusions and thus the warning is made. Plus, be prepared for some not so happy remarks about some of these shows!

Time Stamps For Spoiler Discussions:
1:27 – Pre Show
4:25 – Rokka no Yuusha (Finale)
16:55 – Chaos Dragon (Finale)
25:20 – Ranpo Kitan (Finale)
31:14 – Classroom Crisis (Ep12)
34:20 – Castletown Dandelion (Ep11)
37:40 – Sky Wizard Academy (Ep11)
45:02 – School Live (Ep11)
55:15 – Prison School (Ep11)
59:18 – Post Show

The opening for this episode is the OP for Castletown Dandelion called “Ring Ring Rainbow!!” by YuiKaori. The closing for this episode is the ED for School-Live called “Harmonize Clover” by Maon Kurosaki.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/09/animecas ... iler-talk/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 139) Summer 2015 Anime Spoiler Talk

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:35 pm

New podcast idea of just sitting around talking about shows with full spoilers open. Might be something many avoid for spoiler sensitivity, but we had fun recording it and were ranting about things anyhow. Technically only Rokka and School Live got big spoilers talked about. Be advised that we get pretty stinky about some shows but it's all in fun. Our full spoiler free reviews are yet to come!

Also, please remember to put any responses to this podcast episode in spoiler tags. Include the name of the show above the spoiler tag.

Correction during the Chaos Dragon Spoiler Discussion:
Spoiler:
Had a brain fart while explaining the deal with Ulrica and Lou. Ulrica took on the task of faking that she was transporting the claw to lure Lou's actions out. Costing her her life in the process at the hands of Lou. So yes, Kagu always had the claw.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:17 pm

I like this episode! MORE! :lol:

It was relaxing and it was fun to hear what you guys think without putting your review glasses on. I think every show has a certain charm that other people may like even if the story or development is crappy.

Joukamachi no Dandelion is definitely, in my opinion, the gem this season. It's such a feel good show. All the characters are likeable even if you don't know their names most of the time. :lol:

I would also choose my dog over a random stranger, well if the stranger was younger then maybe I'd consider it.

Spoiler:
The dog was one of the reason I didn't watch School Live. I get way too affected with that sort of thing. Animals are my weakness.

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:41 pm

shikakage wrote:I like this episode! MORE! :lol:

It was relaxing and it was fun to hear what you guys think without putting your review glasses on. I think every show has a certain charm that other people may like even if the story or development is crappy.

Joukamachi no Dandelion is definitely, in my opinion, the gem this season. It's such a feel good show. All the characters are likeable even if you don't know their names most of the time. :lol:

I would also choose my dog over a random stranger, well if the stranger was younger then maybe I'd consider it.

Spoiler:
The dog was one of the reason I didn't watch School Live. I get way too affected with that sort of thing. Animals are my weakness.

Glad you enjoyed it! Like we kind of hinted at, we enjoyed so much from all of these shows, just had some fun ranting about their shortcomings.

Castletown Dandelion, as the dust settles, is definitely turning into one of my favorite shows of the season. While each show has given me some great entertainment this season, Castletown is the only one I can't really find faults in. I just look forward to it every week and am sad when it's over.

Anyhow, I hope I don't run into you and your dog in an apocolypse or I'm dead meat! Probably feed me to the dog!
::shocked::

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Andrew wrote:Castletown Dandelion, as the dust settles, is definitely turning into one of my favorite shows of the season. While each show has given me some great entertainment this season, Castletown is the only one I can't really find faults in. I just look forward to it every week and am sad when it's over.

Anyhow, I hope I don't run into you and your dog in an apocolypse or I'm dead meat! Probably feed me to the dog!
::shocked::

I agree. It's such a fun and relaxing show. More people need to watch it!

Well, a dog's got to eat Andrew. Don't worry your sacrifice will not be in vain, me and dogs will remember you fondly while they tear through your flesh. :lol:

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Like the New Episode. Reminds me of when I talk with Sid about what we have been watching.....When he actually watch's anything...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:46 pm

shikakage wrote:Well, a dog's got to eat Andrew. Don't worry your sacrifice will not be in vain, me and dogs will remember you fondly while they tear through your flesh. :lol:

That doesn't make me feel comforted at all..

SeismicWolf wrote:Like the New Episode. Reminds me of when I talk with Sid about what we have been watching.....When he actually watch's anything...

We have this sort of talks all the times off mic. We almost considered getting hand recorders to break out whenever it happens, but it was nice for once just throwing on the mics and recording it for once.

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 am

C'mon guys the ending of (insert name here) wasn't that bad :lol:

Jokes asides, it was nice to listen such spontaneous blab, sometimes you need to put everything out or you're gonna explode. Remembered me when I discuss with my friends about the shows... minus the personal attacks, of course.
The only show I dropped this season was chaos dragon, after episode 6 I was completely lost, looks like it was a wise decision.

Rokka was okay, I guess. The ending caught me off-guard because It didn't made sense.

Oh, and I'm with Andrew. Between a random person and my pet, I would freak out because of the person. Especially in a situation just like that... also, I would end up using the dog as food at some point, but that doesn't matter right now.

well, I hope you guys do it again. I'll gladly listen but next time I'll save it to listen after the spoiler free review.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:19 pm

I loved this! We need more podcasts like this one. I like reviews and stuff, but I much perfer peoples opinions, so this was right up my alley.

I actually enjoyed Rokka no Yuusha. The show has plenty of faults and the ending made me facepalm, but to be honest it was pretty much exactly as I expected it to be.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks as always for the feedback everyone. Especially good to hear that this is something you all enjoyed. We're always worried people will take us overly serious and offensive :P Either that or unable to listen to it due to the spread of different shows to be spoiled.

Was anyone avoiding spoilers? Was curious if the time stamps help or not. So many different players that I'm sure some can't skim well.

Tori wrote:I actually enjoyed Rokka no Yuusha. The show has plenty of faults and the ending made me facepalm, but to be honest it was pretty much exactly as I expected it to be.

Always happy when a series tries to do something unique. I know some hated the mole element and were expecting "kill big bad", but I was fine with that.

almightyhiki wrote:Oh, and I'm with Andrew. Between a random person and my pet, I would freak out because of the person. Especially in a situation just like that... also, I would end up using the dog as food at some point, but that doesn't matter right now.

Not sure if I can say I'd eat a dog, but hey.. when you're going to die of starvation anyhow, why not have a hotdog?