Conventions

Everything Else!
Nyanko Sensei
I Love Anime

Conventions

Postby Nyanko Sensei » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Any conventions you attended, or are planning on attending in the Future?

Nyanko Sensei
I Love Anime

Re: Conventions

Postby Nyanko Sensei » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Sorry for the vague question above, I was just wondering if any of you assist to any Anime/comic conventions, and maybe just talk about past experiences at a convention. I personally attend to Phoenix Comicon, trying to make it a yearly thing, only done it 2 years in a row, Also i attend Tucson Comicon since its in my town I've been there about 4 years now. I am also planning on going to Con-nichiwa, and I would love to hear some more feedback of other conventions. I want to go to one conventions a month in the westcoast some day, and maybe expand to the rest of the states IDK.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

There are a couple in this area, but I haven't tried going. There's San Japan in San Antonio, and a couple in Austin. Thing is, I'm not sure what I'd do once I got there. :oops: I've only been to a couple. I'm not too good with crowds.

Lolita
Forum Loli

Postby Lolita » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:40 pm

I try to go to anime expo since it's around the corner for me, but thats about the only convention I get to go to D:

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:46 pm

closest one to us is about 3 states over.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Like Chris mentioned.. we're kind of in a pickle when it comes to going to an anime related convention. I want to sooooo badly, but it involves some 10 hours of driving or thousands of dollars in plane tickets to visit one. Perhaps next year when things are a bit more settled work-wise. Still new at my current job and so asking time off is still a bit questionable.

Probably end up making an entire "Visit family in California and visit AnimeExpo" ordeal. But I'd love to meet some of our viewers/listeners/community there.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Xeron21
I Love Anime

Postby Xeron21 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 am

There's more comicons near me where I live so I go to those a lot. But I found an anime con near me but I couldn't attend this year.

Awwww Its my first date with my waifu, i remember it like it was yesterday...

Nyanko Sensei
I Love Anime

Postby Nyanko Sensei » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Interesting, well Neko, I truly recommend to start by going to smaller conventions, so you get a feel of it. I have an anxiety disorder so crowds are a big no, but somehow I can handle it without a problem in a Convention. Also cosplaying helps a lot for that kind of situation, if you can truly get into character while in the crowd you will be a lot better. Anime Expo is about 9 hours drive from me, but I was thinking on visiting it, so I might go if my waifu lets me spend the extra money.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:28 am

question is are you refering to a real wife. that gives you an allowence.

or a waifu that you are spend so much money buying her merchandise that you have no money left.

;-p

either way leaves you in a pickle

Nyanko Sensei
I Love Anime

Postby Nyanko Sensei » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm getting married in a month, but both, since my real lady won't be letting me spend money on my waifu at the con either