Conventions

Everything Else!
rosalina2311
I Like Anime

Re: Conventions

Postby rosalina2311 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:07 pm

my friend told me that there might be an anime convention in Canada...

...is that true?
-Rosalina

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:13 pm

rosalina2311 wrote:my friend told me that there might be an anime convention in Canada...

...is that true?

There are a bunch!!

http://animecons.com/events/calendar.shtml/003800799

rosalina2311
I Like Anime

Postby rosalina2311 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:32 pm

::happy:: ok thanks that is a big help!
-Rosalina

Blind Teal Girl
I Love Anime

Postby Blind Teal Girl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:18 am

So apparently my sister is not just cosplaying as Shiro for Indiana ComiCon...she's also going to be doing Hestia from Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in A Dungeon?. She's trying to convice to go as Bell, but ehhhh.

I'm also going to a Homestuck Prom, but none of you probably care about that.
How Terezi dies in every canon we know of:
Stabbed by Aranea
Stabbed by Bec Noir

rosalina2311
I Like Anime

Postby rosalina2311 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:04 am

Homestuck! yes
-Rosalina

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 am

It's con day!! Check out my Twitter periodically for news stuff as I attend panels! :D

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:01 am

Emerald City Comic Con tomorrow! Probably won't be much anime related stuff, but it should be fun nonetheless!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Chances have it you can catch me at anime Boston, or ri comic con, and if the cards play right you may get me at NY comic con. Can't wait to have WAY to many people way to close, for way too long.

Companion Kyuubey
Crazy About Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Wed May 18, 2016 12:57 am

Yay, I booked my hotel for Kumoricon in Portland, OR a couple of days ago. I've been waiting a while for the hotels to become available. I missed the early hotels last year and had to drive in from further away. At least now I'll be within walking distance from the convention center. It's at a new location, too, so that should be exciting! 5 1/2 months away, though...
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Anime Arcade
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1838

GenXotaku1971
I Love Anime

Postby GenXotaku1971 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:13 am

I'll be heading to Delta H Con (in Houston) in August 2016, and to Oni-Con in Galveston, TX in October 2016. Already have my tickets purchased and my hotel booked (for Oni-Con). This will be my 2nd Delta H Con this year; It's honestly a very small convention and I wouldn't normally go back but they managed to snag Cristina Vee as a guest, so I want to meet her and get her autograph on some of my DVD inserts. Oni-Con I've been attending regularly for the past several years; I always get a hotel and do the full Con experience, from Thursday night (early badge pickup) to Sunday. It's a fun excuse to go to Galveston, though the most I've ever done at the beach was a brief photo shoot in my Star Trek cosplay for my friend. Last year was the first time I saw other Trek cosplayers so that was cool. Unlike traditional Anime cosplay, Trek cosplay is incredibly easy and cheap, so that's why I do it. When I'm not wearing a Trek uniform, I usually have on some kind of anime t-shirt and jeans at a convention. Completely unrelated, but I've been happy how much my RWBY t-shirts (acquired both from RT Store and Hot Topic) have been conversation starters out and about in my hometown (Greater Houston) lately. I met someone who remarked on my RWBY t-shirt featuring the main cast and found out they were an anime fan but having a hard time finding good dubbed anime on Netflix. I pointed them to my favorite titles and they were very grateful afterwards. I turned them on to Fairy Tail and Seven Deadly Sins.

Oh, and I have my tickets purchased already for Anime Matsuri (Houston) for 2017, got them just before the first price hike.