324) Recreate My Waifu

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

324) Recreate My Waifu

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:29 am

Deep theories on Re:Creators being manifest from our world, and the idea of a real wife being like a waifu are hard hitting topics in this episode of the Otaku Spirit Animecast. Put your debating cap on and listen in to discover the truth!

Topics this episode: More Konosuba, Beach Volleyball Anime, Seven Deadly Sins, New Ghibli Catalog Release, MimiMemeMimi Disbands, Girls und Panzer, Final Fairy Tail, Disastrous Life of Saiki K 2nd Season, Love Chuunibyo Movie, Kud Wafter Crowdfunding, Masaaki Hirao, Shoichi Masuo, Marui Group Investments, Kemono Friends 2, Tony Taka, Monogatari Smartphone App, Gundam Walpurgis, Fate/Grand Order, and much more!

Thanks to QuestRam, Companion Kyuubey, MyBalls, BlueSpark, and Mythbustman for the great questions featured in this episode!

The intro music for this episode is the OP for Sweetness and Lightning called “Harebara Fanfare” by MimimemeMIMI. We close the podcast with the ED for True Tears called “Sekai no Namida” by Akira Yuki.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/07/animecas ... -my-waifu/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 324) Recreate My Waifu

Postby Mys145 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:51 am

The Fairy Tail manga just ended a little over a week ago so when the final season starts, it should follow the manga to the end unless they decide to change some things. I do want to say that Fairy Tail Zero isn't filler even though it's not part of the main manga since the story is important to the series itself. The anime did have a couple of episodes from the start of the main final arc before going on hiatus.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 am

I'm gonna have that True Tears ED stuck in my head all day thanks to the closing song you guys chose. I so gotta rewatch it too. Been awhile!

Anywhoooo. Kinda sad Fairy Tail is ending, but since it's ending I'll have to get caught up soon. Or I'll just read the manga. Either or, I'll get a conclusion some how, hopefully avoiding spoilers until then. I like the world and characters, curious where they'll leave it off.

Also very hyped for Kud Wafter! More Little Busters is always a good in my book. A movie would be great but if it's a 20 minutes thing I'll be happy regardless. Kud is kawaii. The visual novel is coming over soon too I believe. I'll have to get on that as well. The show is fantastic but I'd love more. <3 Key.

Great discussional to kick off the week, thanks as always guys. :3

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:46 pm

You guys made me all giddy again, talking about the upcoming Chunibyo movie. I might just devour that one subtitled as soon as I can get my hands on it... Yes, I'm that hyped. Not watching any teasers or trailers, though (I've actually never done that for any anime, ever). I want it to be a splendid surprise :).
(Credit for this signature goes to Andrew - you rock!)

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:41 pm

BlueSpark wrote:You guys made me all giddy again, talking about the upcoming Chunibyo movie. I might just devour that one subtitled as soon as I can get my hands on it... Yes, I'm that hyped. Not watching any teasers or trailers, though (I've actually never done that for any anime, ever). I want it to be a splendid surprise :).

Please don't go in with too high an expectation. While I'm generally always happy with a kyoani I don't want to oversell any show. Just enjoy it.

::happy::

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:16 am

Chris wrote:Please don't go in with too high an expectation. While I'm generally always happy with a kyoani I don't want to oversell any show. Just enjoy it.

::happy::
Oh, don't worry, it's not your talking about it that gets me all excited - it's the mere fact that it's an addition to one of my favorite franchises. Someone could've told me that "There's a new Chunibyo movie coming out, but I hear it's gonna be pretty bad" and showed me a bunch of horrid screenshots - I'd still be stupid hyped. That's just how I am when it comes to my favorite shows ^_^.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:50 am

Mys145 wrote:The Fairy Tail manga just ended a little over a week ago so when the final season starts, it should follow the manga to the end unless they decide to change some things. I do want to say that Fairy Tail Zero isn't filler even though it's not part of the main manga since the story is important to the series itself. The anime did have a couple of episodes from the start of the main final arc before going on hiatus.

Thanks for the heads up. It's funny that "filler" has a negative connotation, because technically any filler of any series can have substance that enhances the show. Naruto has TONs of filler, and most of it gives character to those that aren't front lining the story. But it's still called filler.

Crash Kamio wrote:I'm gonna have that True Tears ED stuck in my head all day thanks to the closing song you guys chose. I so gotta rewatch it too. Been awhile!

Anywhoooo. Kinda sad Fairy Tail is ending, but since it's ending I'll have to get caught up soon. Or I'll just read the manga. Either or, I'll get a conclusion some how, hopefully avoiding spoilers until then. I like the world and characters, curious where they'll leave it off.

Also very hyped for Kud Wafter! More Little Busters is always a good in my book. A movie would be great but if it's a 20 minutes thing I'll be happy regardless. Kud is kawaii. The visual novel is coming over soon too I believe. I'll have to get on that as well. The show is fantastic but I'd love more. <3 Key.

Great discussional to kick off the week, thanks as always guys. :3

Same, my new DVD set is bothering me to watch it again lol.

Im curious if I'll enjoy the later half of Little Busters more in its VN form. Not sure if the tone issues I had was just with the adaptation.

BlueSpark wrote:You guys made me all giddy again, talking about the upcoming Chunibyo movie. I might just devour that one subtitled as soon as I can get my hands on it... Yes, I'm that hyped. Not watching any teasers or trailers, though (I've actually never done that for any anime, ever). I want it to be a splendid surprise :).

Ha, I'm with ya on that. Still need to watch the new Rika version release by Sentai. Have you already seen that?

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Andrew wrote:Ha, I'm with ya on that. Still need to watch the new Rika version release by Sentai. Have you already seen that?
Nah, I've more or less decided to skip that one - since it's mostly a recap / alternate telling of the series, I don't feel like sitting through the Japanese dub. It's sort of a tough call, however, since I really do love the franchise a lot. Maybe if you guys give it a go, you can let me (or all of your listeners) know how much new content is actually in there. That might sway my decision.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:48 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Nah, I've more or less decided to skip that one - since it's mostly a recap / alternate telling of the series, I don't feel like sitting through the Japanese dub. It's sort of a tough call, however, since I really do love the franchise a lot. Maybe if you guys give it a go, you can let me (or all of your listeners) know how much new content is actually in there. That might sway my decision.

Hah, challenge accepted. We enjoy making watch lists bigger. I assumed they would have English dubbed it?

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:37 am

Andrew wrote:Hah, challenge accepted. We enjoy making watch lists bigger. I assumed they would have English dubbed it?
Sadly not. I believe Sentai has the rights to both the series and the movie, right? I wonder why they decided not to dub the movie (At least I'm fairly certain they didn't - I follow English dub releases pretty closely, and ANN says there's no English cast).

Well, I'm looking forward to your judgment - you better be convincing if you're trying to make me watch something in o-tone :P.