Land of the Lustrous / 12 Episodes / Hidive & Amazon Prime
No votes

Total votes: 6

Eira
Anime Junky

Re: Community Watch Along: Knights of Sidonia

Postby Eira » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:23 am

fragoff wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:we should probably wait until after new years since most of use are probably going to be quite busy.

Yep. Very hard to retain an anime story wile very drunk!

I’m all good with that, will give more of the time I need to catch up plus I’m leaving for japan on Boxing Day to see my girlfriend and spend new years with her and her family and my schedule is absolutely packed while I’m there.

We’ll probs resume before I get back but this will limit how many episodes go by while I’m still busy over there.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:16 am

How does resuming in the 6th on January sound to everyone. Or would most of you rather wait till the new season has proberbly started so you’re not also busy thinking about what to watch and trying to watch first episodes. I know seasonal watching doesn’t apply to everyone but it does for most of us.

Let me know what you guys think? Start Season 2 on the 6th or start on the 15th once all the new season madness has settled in?

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:48 am

I'm ready as soon as the rest of you are. We could start tomorrow for all I care :].
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:47 am

I'm already finished. I'll tag along for commentaries.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Given the lack of further feedback, I feel that it's really your call to make, Eira. Lead on :)!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Then we’ll go with the 6th, I was waiting for Seth to respond but maybe he has no input and is judging waiting for it to start and doesn’t mind when. Still wish he would of said so if that is the case. Either way we’re close enough now to the 6 and no one has said no that so let’s go with that.

We’ll resume the watch along on the 6th, so on the 6th watch episode 1 of season 2 and as before we’ll do 1 episode a day.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:23 pm

I personally have no idea if I will be able to participate with how stupidly busy I am right now.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:00 am

I'll just get started and hope for the best, I suppose.

Season 2

Episode 1
Spoiler:
Another OP song with a mixture of military march and futuristic synth elements. Pretty decent, plus I like the visuals to go along with it. In contrast, the ED is only slightly less boring than the 1st season's. It's safe to say I'll be skipping that from here on.

Of course, Kunato would be the jerkwad to unleash the next big crisis on the Sidonia. But I have to admit, I like that he's looking to become a major villain in this season. It suits his character.

I still feel for poor Izana. Her situation reminds me of Mitsuki's in Rumbling Hearts, what with the target of her affection clinging to a (most likely) lost love. The difference being, of course, that Izana is holding herself back instead of forcing herself on Nagate. I'm very much looking forward to the development of this romance subplot.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:51 am

Good to see, people getting started. I’m back from japan but boy am I tired. A mess of multiple flights and delays and not getting enough sleep because.... planes.

So I’m gonna take a day or two to just chill, re adjust and get back into the swing of things. At least I hope I don’t miss out on as much of season 2 as I did of season 1. I’ll try my best guys.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 am

Take your time curing your let lag. If it's just one or two episodes, you should have no trouble catching up.

Episode 2
Spoiler:
So the hybrid doesn't need a human piloting it, but it can take one (I assume the one we saw Kunato sitting in was Tsumugi)? Wonder if that point is going to be picked up again later, possibly with symbolic undertones regarding man-machine (or rather human-gauna) relationships.

One of the immortal council's comments suggests that its members no longer have living bodies. That'd certainly be a major point to differentiate them from the two-hundred-year-old residents still working aboard the Sidonia (If you remember, that's a question I had during the 1st season - how the council is different from the other immortal residents). Then again, the body which emerged from the capsule a minute later looked plenty human to me. So was it a cyborg or clone body, perhaps?

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't notice Tsumugi sharing Hoshijiro's voice (Stephanie Sheh) right away. That fact doesn't sound like a coincidence. I assume Kunato planted a symbiote in the science girl to have full access to our beloved caged ena and use her DNA to create the hybrid (or even outright transformed her).
And it looks like Tsumugi inherited her "mother's" fondness of Nagate, too. That was a rather cute moment :).

It's the 2nd episode, and we can check the tentacle scene for this season off our list 8-). The whole meeting segment between Tsumugi, Tanikaze, and Izana was pretty funny. Not brilliantly funny, but considering that we usually see nary a comedic scene in this show, it was a very welcome reprieve. Unfortunately, I have a bad premonition that we're being set up for heartbreak (sort of an extension of what I predicted in season 1 regarding ena Hoshijiro, but never happened).