431) Best Anime of 2018 Deliberations Part 3

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

431) Best Anime of 2018 Deliberations Part 3

Postby Andrew » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:03 pm

The 2018 Anime Year has come to a close and it’s time for the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast to tackle the age old question of which is best. Join them in this 4 part series as they run through each genre, best of topics, seasonal picks, and finally the best of the year!

Please note: Deliberation episodes are intended to be nearly unfiltered and lightly edited. These were recorded over hours of deliberations and, while a bit of dead air was removed, it may have points of silence. This isn’t a reflection of our typical podcast episodes that are heavily edited for better listening experience.

Deliberations covered in this episode: Sports, Mystery, Supernatural, Magical Boy and Girl, Healing, Cute Girls Cute Things, Shorts, Animation, Art, Concept, Original, and Disappointing.

The opening for this episode is the OP for After The Rain called “Nostalgic Rainfall” by CHiCO with HoneyWorks. The closing for this episode is the ED for Kokkoku called “Asayake to Nettaigyo” by Boku no Lyric no Bouyomi.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/01/animecas ... ns-part-3/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: 431) Best Anime of 2018 Deliberations Part 3

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:35 am

Combining mystery and supernatural seemed like a weird choice to me at first, but you're right, they do frequently go together. I'll have to agree that Darling in the FranXX wasn't very strong in this department. Island is probably the only true msytery anime I've watched from this year. I honestly don't see Revue Starlight as a mystery show, and I'm saying that despite the fact that I loved Banana's story arc (which had a decently mystery feel to it).

So, Steins;Gate 0 "didn't do anything," Andrew? Not sure we were watching the same show :P. I did go into it expecting mostly slife-of-life fluff and was practically blown away when I got to experience a perfectly fleshed-out story instead. Whether you think this side story is superfluous in the grand scheme of the franchise is up to you, but saying it "didn't do anything" is a statement I cannot understand at all.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!